Lucid Support refusing to provide Support?

Kfederico

Reaction score
Cars
Lucid Air GT, Corvette(s)
Is it just me, or is Lucid Support falling off? After being on hold for 45 minutes on the support line, Lucid went to a message saying they would call me back. After another 20 minutes, I got a return call. The basic issue i that the 2.4.x has been full of bugs and issues. They took away smart functions and they have no update or information on that. That part is well known, Voice dialing fails about half the time to find any contacts, The 3 lane view has blind spots. The one thing that is getting better is Nav. It is choosing better routes and is no longer setting a route to Illinois when I ask for a Plano Texas address. The issue I called in on is that "Hey Lucid" is often dead and requires a reboot of the car to get it back online. That means pulling over somewhere and 4 minutes of wait time. The CSR I finally got on the line refused to take a formal complaint or escalate. She instead said if I did not like it to call corporate. How would I find the right person to talk to at corporate?? Isn't taking these issues what customer service exists for?

Is it just me, or is Lucid Support falling off? After being on hold for 45 minutes on the support line, Lucid went to a message saying they would call me back. After another 20 minutes, I got a return call. The basic issue i that the 2.4.x has been full of bugs and issues. They took away smart functions and they have no update or information on that. That part is well known, Voice dialing fails about half the time to find any contacts, The 3 lane view has blind spots. The one thing that is getting better is Nav. It is choosing better routes and is no longer setting a route to Illinois when I ask for a Plano Texas address. The issue I called in on is that "Hey Lucid" is often dead and requires a reboot of the car to get it back online. That means pulling over somewhere and 4 minutes of wait time. The CSR I finally got on the line refused to take a formal complaint or escalate. She instead said if I did not like it to call corporate. How would I find the right person to talk to at corporate?? Isn't taking these issues what customer service exists for?
Why not just email CS? Sounds like it'd be easier to voice your concerns, and to avoid waiting for an hour on the phone for a non urgent matter.

Why not just email CS? Sounds like it'd be easier to voice your concerns, and to avoid waiting for an hour on the phone for a non urgent matter.
Personally, I've found texting to be the fastest way to get in touch with CS. But if you're just calling to complain about the performance of the software rather than an item they need to help you with at that moment, I agree with @Neurio. Send an email. You're wasting their time because that person can't do anything to help you. And someone who may really need immediate assistance is getting a delay in talking to someone.

For the people saying to email, CS doesn't look at them. I've sent a few emails that went unanswered a few months ago. I suspect it's a staffing issue.

What are these names you're all using?

I'm not familiar with a Lucid Support or a CS

There's customer care, and lucid service?

I was under the impression that customer care was "corporate", so fairly odd they'd give that answer if you're telling the complete story here.

If the car isn't working and needs to be rebooted, I would contact lucid SERVICE and make an appointment so they can run diagnostics on the vehicle.

If they are unable to resolve it in service, they can certainly engage engineering assistance.

This is how every car manufacturer works.

For the people saying to email, CS doesn't look at them. I've sent a few emails that went unanswered a few months ago. I suspect it's a staffing issue.
It is definitely not true that CS doesn’t read email. I’m sorry for your bad experience, but I’ve gotten responses back just fine.

We called Tesla with an issue with heating turning on repeatedly and draining battery overnight. Climate kept turning on even after turning it off. Couldn’t talk to anyone. Bot told us to make an appointment at Tesla service. Freakin no one to talk to. It was a ghastly way to provide service. Buy a Tesla, you get lousy service. No wonder they’re profitable when you cut costs and leave your customer stranded.

I’m glad with Lucid you can actually talk to someone.

It is definitely not true that CS doesn’t read email. I’m sorry for your bad experience, but I’ve gotten responses back just fine.
I would venture a guess that your name carries some additional weight based on your close relationships at Lucid. I've had at least a couple of messages (email and text) that have been ignored though none recently. I usually just text my mobile service tech because he's awesome! Not only does he respond quickly, he coordinates whatever else needs to happen. He even called me from his honeymoon 😂😳

I generally don't like piling on with "me too" responses, but this does seem to be a growing concern. I recently contacted customer care via email to link a newly purchased (used) Air to my lucid account. After sending in the initial trove of documents requested, it took 9 days to get a response that an additional document was required. Overall, this task took 12 days to satisfy. All my responses after delivering the initial document dump were within a couple hours of receiving any customer care email.

I won't speculate on why there is such a long delay for care requests, but there is a disconnect happening somewhere.

I usually just text my mobile service tech because he's awesome! Not only does he respond quickly, he coordinates whatever else needs to happen.
Like you my mobile tech guy is the best. I haven't had a lot of success with my service advisor. I always have to reach out to him on follow up issues. Lucid's customer care/support has been hit and miss. Mostly miss for me.

My experience is that they respond immediately when you call if it is something critical. I had a battery coolant issue I reported on a Sat,. As promised, they called me on Sun to tell me that the local service center will contact me on Mon. On Mon morning the local service center delivered a loaner and sent a tow truck to pick up my car. If it is a software bug, I just try the different resets first and then reach out to friends here and only then call CS but often either a reset or the next software update resolves the issue.

Email responses are slower, but they have responded to nearly every message I've sent. Text is super responsive. My mobile tech has offered to be a direct contact, he is awesome, but I'm reluctant to bypass direct channels. Since my advisor at KOP (Dana) is very responsive, I generally run everything by her when it's something that needs to be addressed on my vehicle. If I have a question about something I'm seeing, then I run it past CS via text.

If you're literally calling a CSR to give them an ear bashing on the bugs you're not only wasting your time but your holding up people in the queue who potentially have a more important issue that needs to be addressed. Meanwhile, your complaining has probably taken up 10,15,20 mins of a CSR's time when quite frankly there's nothing they can do to solve your problem. Do you really think they'd be able to solve the 3 lane view having blinds spots for you over the phone?

Your issues \ concerns are valid but you're jamming up the phone line and going to get nothing in return, these people can't perform miracles. Your best bet in these scenarios is to take note of the bugs and if they're rare document how to reproduce them. Email it all to the Customer Care email provided and it will no doubt be passed straight onto the software team for review.

I would advise only calling Lucid Customer Care if you're completely stuck and have no other option but to speak to someone to get it resolved (eg car won't unlock, etc.) Other than that simply text or email them for them to pass the info along. This is how I've been dealing with Lucid Customer Care and I'm completely happy with the response times and support experience.

I would further HC_79's statement. If the issue is not related to immediate access, safety critical, or a warranty item (even those get second priority), then the real issue is trying to utilize Customer Care as a magical resource to produce new features, squash non-critical bugs, or anything else folks complain on the forum not related to the first three categories listed.

I have found Lucid to be more responsive than early days for Roadside Assistance. Service Centers are happy to schedule mobile service or in-person visits for warranty issues. Loaners are now readily available for safety critical issues.

The customer experience today is vastly improved compared to even 9+ months ago.

Side Note: We just had a 4 day ordeal for towing in the middle of nowhere southern Alabama. It was not Lucid's fault, but they happily pushed for resolution during the ordeal for our flat tire issue. This was by calling the main line to be redirected to a region without too many Lucids and corresponding infrastructure.

If you're literally calling a CSR to give them an ear bashing on the bugs you're not only wasting your time but your holding up people in the queue who potentially have a more important issue that needs to be addressed. Meanwhile, your complaining has probably taken up 10,15,20 mins of a CSR's time when quite frankly there's nothing they can do to solve your problem. Do you really think they'd be able to solve the 3 lane view having blinds spots for you over the phone?

Your issues \ concerns are valid but you're jamming up the phone line and going to get nothing in return, these people can't perform miracles. Your best bet in these scenarios is to take note of the bugs and if they're rare document how to reproduce them. Email it all to the Customer Care email provided and it will no doubt be passed straight onto the software team for review.

I would advise only calling Lucid Customer Care if you're completely stuck and have no other option but to speak to someone to get it resolved (eg car won't unlock, etc.) Other than that simply text or email them for them to pass the info along. This is how I've been dealing with Lucid Customer Care and I'm completely happy with the response times and support experience.
I disagree. You have to put pressure on Lucid or else they will not improve their services. That's how business works - and humanity, in general - we improve only when we are forced to. @Kfederico keep up the pressure.

I disagree. You have to put pressure on Lucid or else they will not improve their services. That's how business works - and humanity, in general - we improve only when we are forced to. @Kfederico keep up the pressure.
He's not saying to not contact CS. He's saying, like I did too, to not jam up the phone lines with a non urgent manner. I highly recommend emailing CS to voice concerns or issues so they can send them on to the appropriate teams. I do this occasionally as I find repeatable bugs.

They know their hold times and I'm sure they strive to reduce them. Nothing is served by tying up a time-critical resource with issues that can be communicated MORE effectively through other means.

I disagree that products only improve when users complain. I have gone out of my way to improve parts of a system that I can work on, well before users even requested the features.

They know their hold times and I'm sure they strive to reduce them. Nothing is served by tying up a time-critical resource with issues that can be communicated MORE effectively through other means.

I disagree that products only improve when users complain. I have gone out of my way to improve parts of a system that I can work on, well before users even requested the features.
You are a special case, congratulations - and I mean it. But the rest of the world doesn't work like that. I happen to lead a large CS organization and I have limited time & resources. I do not have the luxury to be proactive, my day is dealing with fires. So I tend to the biggest ones and let the small ones burn in the background. How does a fire become big enough? If there is enough pressure from clients.

But I get the point of using the phone only for big fires, I agree with that. However, when it takes 10 days to get a reply on your email, some of us will pick up the phone.

What car manufacturer have you worked with where this is even remotely true?

None. It doesn't work that way. But it isn't just a "now" - it has never worked that way. If I call up Ford customer service because I have an issue with infotainment on my F-150, they will direct me to my local service centers.

If service can verify or reproduce an issue, they'll try to fix it, and/or engage their internal service/engineering resources.

Trying to call a manufacturer just to let them know you don't like the way some features are working, or to try to report a software bug? Some might go along with it just to make you happy, but your report is going nowhere beyond that.

Back