Lucid Party @ Gravity Reveal-LA AutoShow November, 2023?

Yosemite is slightly lighter than Santa Monica, very beige. Tahoe is the same.

Actually, no - the software is rewritten from scratch, and the car was redesigned from a napkin. I was extremely impressed. I can’t say much more, but suffice it to say that the Airs all use a chipset from “when the car was designed” aka >5 years before the first delivery. The sapphire has an updated chip.

The gravity is brand new, and has way more capabilities thanks to a whole new hardware and software subsystem, but I can’t say anything else.

Here are a bunch of photos I took today: https://share.icloud.com/photos/002peO_BpP_PWlyMupZdWUIow

You’ll spy a few shots of @LucidDropkick sitting in the 2nd and 3rd rows
Great pics and thank you for sharing. The new screen in the front looks awesome - especially the way it displays too. Very futuristic.

Actually, no - the software is rewritten from scratch, and the car was redesigned from a napkin. I was extremely impressed. I can’t say much more, but suffice it to say that the Airs all use a chipset from “when the car was designed” aka >5 years before the first delivery. The sapphire has an updated chip.

The gravity is brand new, and has way more capabilities thanks to a whole new hardware and software subsystem, but I can’t say anything else.

Here are a bunch of photos I took today: https://share.icloud.com/photos/002peO_BpP_PWlyMupZdWUIow

You don't have to say it; I will. I am still firm in my belief that the Gravity will be one of the 1st, if not the 1st car to debut CarPlay 2.0.

Also, why cant you say anything else? Just asking, its not like you are an insider... right?

View attachment 16416

Lucid has challenge to beat R1S range. But at 120kW, it can do it to match R1S 150kW. I don’t like the “dumb range” (refer to GM or Rivian) or “Tesla Killer” reference. I think that kind of marketing can really backfire. If you are strong, people will know thru words of mouth. Those Throttle House’s “Tesla Killer” campaign basically incite Musketeers simp to do counterstrike Lucid bankruptcy FUD.

Stay humble, keep on trucking like RJ Scaringe. Rivian doesn’t attack others, yet, their growth rate trump Tesla first 8 quarter since each of flagship debut.

Just stay humble in this macro environment.
The max pack in the R1S is 142 kWh usable. I do agree the Gravity will be more efficient at 80 mph, but I am sure 3.6 is the EPA test cycle efficiency. And I'm willing to bet not all of the 120 kWh is usable. But of course this is just speculation.

The max pack in the R1S is 142 kWh usable. I do agree the Gravity will be more efficient at 80 mph, but I am sure 3.6 is the EPA test cycle efficiency. And I'm willing to bet not all of the 120 kWh is usable. But of course this is just speculation.
Actually, the samsung batteries are known for NOT needing an upper buffer, which means 120 may very well be the usable value.

Wait, give more detail about the napkin!
Uh, it’s a figure of speech lol. The gravity was designed from scratch. It doesn’t use the same platform as the Air, but it does use all the learnings from it.

Also, why cant you say anything else? Just asking, it’s not like you are an insider... right?
Simple: I was asked not to. And given that I would like to continue being invited to things sometimes, I don’t plan on burning any bridges. :)

With 3 rows, and 119.5" wheelbase, only 3" more than the Air, that extra 3rd row space had to come from somewhere. I'd bet that the extra 2ft of Frunk depth was used to push the Motor and/or other Drive Unit components to right below the Frunk. All I can say is that Lucid are masters of packaging. Other EV companies can learn a lot from them.
If I would have to guess the front motor is now packaged horizontally and way up front. This allows to push everything forward like you said but limits frunk available space compared to air. Also don't expect to have the same distance between 1st and 2nd row. It is probably much shorter than air but they can get away with it because seats are higher and it doesn't impede leg room. Just my 2 cents.

Uh, it’s a figure of speech lol. The gravity was designed from scratch. It doesn’t use the same platform as the Air, but it does use all the learnings from it.

Simple: I was asked not to. And given that I would like to continue being invited to things sometimes, I don’t plan on burning any bridges. :)
No like, how do you get to know about that in the first place?

You don't have to say it; I will. I am still firm in my belief that the Gravity will be one of the 1st, if not the 1st car to debut CarPlay 2.0.
I’ll be surprise if the Lucid fleet doesn’t get it before the first Gravity is delivered. Lucid has one of the most beautiful platforms to highlight CarPlay’s capabilities and if I was a decision maker at Apple, I would want to see it unveiled through Lucid earlier rather than later.

does that mean they plan on doing a major internal update of the air in the near future so that both will have same/similar hardware and software subsystems? would be weird and inefficient to continue down two separate hardware and software paths right?

Fine, then just between us then. 😂

I know...we're actively discussing this at our house right now....2xGravities or 1xAir AND 1xGravity.... 😄 My wife is not at all a driving enthusiast or a 'car person' if you will...but its insane to see her so excited about what she's seeing for the Gravity...shes been on the website for the last 15 mins talking to me....and im going...'ok..so that's how that feels'...😄
Your wife's excitement, for me, is confirmation that I made the right decision on continuing to buy $LCID stock, regardless of its all-time lows. They just make great cars! After my current ICE SUV runs its course, then I too will get a Gravity.

does that mean they plan on doing a major internal update of the air in the near future so that both will have same/similar hardware and software subsystems? would be weird and inefficient to continue down two separate hardware and software paths right?
I hope so... the Air already looks outdated compared to the gravity.

Glad it looks like they got ride of the light colored carpet for the Yosemite (similar to Santa Cruz) interior.

Any mention of a stealth package?
Yes. It was shown in pictures on car and driver:
1700171260881.png

I thought I read something on this forum (from you?) suggesting that the Sapphire infotainment hardware might at some point be a purchasable upgrade to previous Airs. Any mention of that?

I thought I read something on this forum (from you?) suggesting that the Sapphire infotainment hardware might at some point be a purchasable upgrade to previous Airs. Any mention of that?
Lucid should give for free to all the early adopters that paid full price.

Back