Lucid parking lot

They should outsource deliveries to current owners who also read this forum. We probably know everything possible from a user perspective.
A friend did this for Tesla during the Model 3 crunch - very similar to Lucid's current logistics situation. He and other volunteers really enjoyed participating. I do think it was generally a younger crowd for the Model 3 than that of Air owners.

@Steveinarizona, have you or anyone else enquired about a manufacturing tour? I drive past Casa Grande and the plant every couple of months, and both my wife and I would love to get the inside action view in person.
I have thought about it but I don't believe they are doing them. If they open it up, I would definitely take a tour.

Next time you have an Arizona meet-up and have Lucid people there, you have an opportunity. Perhaps even ask for them to host a meet-up.
Oh, and if you could just make arrangements for all of that for next Wednesday, I'd be so appreciative 😆

Next time you have an Arizona meet-up and have Lucid people there, you have an opportunity. Perhaps even ask for them to host a meet-up.
Oh, and if you could just make arrangements for all of that for next Wednesday, I'd be so appreciative 😆
At the last Scottsdale meet up, I talked to the guys from the Scottsdale Design studio and they told me that factory tours is the number one question that they get. They have some hope that a tour may be offered to current owners when the factory expansion is complete. I hope that that this turns into a serious discussion within Lucid because owners from all over the Southwest would likely be interested in a tour.

At the last Scottsdale meet up, I talked to the guys from the Scottsdale Design studio and they told me that factory tours is the number one question that they get. They have some hope that a tour may be offered to current owners when the factory expansion is complete. I hope that that this turns into a serious discussion within Lucid because owners from all over the Southwest would likely be interested in a tour.
It's probably slated when they build out their customer experience building or whatever it was called.

All true, I just don't know why the rail option isn't being used now, since they will be using it once the spur is built into the AMP-1 facility.
It seems to be true that they are focused on production vs delivery but I’m pretty such from an accounting standpoint they can not realize the revenue (even if paid by customer) until it’s delivering. Wall Street will be looking at revenue as well.

Quick question - The cars being shown are wrapped in white. Have they been through their final QA inspections or are those done at the studios prior to delivery. And if the latter, are the cars in the parking lot then awaiting trucks to deliver them to the studios? Or are these GTs (for example) being prepped for delivery to countries outside the US?

Quick question - The cars being shown are wrapped in white. Have they been through their final QA inspections or are those done at the studios prior to delivery. And if the latter, are the cars in the parking lot then awaiting trucks to deliver them to the studios? Or are these GTs (for example) being prepped for delivery to countries outside the US?
Final PDI is done at each Service Center.

Perhaps all of the above?

PDI is being done at service centers, as far as I know.

It's possible some of those cars are waiting for trucks. It's also possible some of those cars are waiting for an open space at a service center. If, say, Scottsdale is all full of cars that need to be inspected, they can't drive more cars over to them until they clear out the current batch. And then after PDI, cars need to be trucked to their final delivery locations in some cases. I imagine it's a long stream of bottlenecks.

I heard through the grapevine that on Wednesday there were 64 cars at Scottsdale waiting for PDI or delivery.

I heard through the grapevine that on Wednesday there were 64 cars at Scottsdale waiting for PDI or delivery.
One of those is likely mine. Since we have no service center here in Colorado, I'm pretty sure my car is getting PDI there. Then they have to ship it to the Denver studio, which thankfully is only a 12-hour drive away.

One of those is likely mine. Since we have no service center here in Colorado, I'm pretty sure my car is getting PDI there. Then they have to ship it to the Denver studio, which thankfully is only a 12-hour drive away.
NICE, about to get your car! Then you can also post that it's for sale to bait the complainers a bloggers posing as journalists haha. In all seriousness though, the fixation over the Bears Flyover videos cracks me up. Like people are hinging stock trades on drone footage on Youtube? Are you F'ing kidding me??? These might not even be complete cars, they could be awaiting some component, or maybe they're for the Saudis or UK or maybe they're about to get picked up by 50 haulers and vanish overnight. I know some will say "well if Peter Rawlinson would just reply to my email asking him to tell me everything that's going on with the company every minute then we wouldn't have to speculate, so this is his fault!", but I think the only conclusion that can be drawn from those drone flyovers is that there is a car company there and they are building cars.

NICE, about to get your car! Then you can also post that it's for sale to bait the complainers a bloggers posing as journalists haha. In all seriousness though, the fixation over the Bears Flyover videos cracks me up. Like people are hinging stock trades on drone footage on Youtube? Are you F'ing kidding me??? These might not even be complete cars, they could be awaiting some component, or maybe they're for the Saudis or UK or maybe they're about to get picked up by 50 haulers and vanish overnight. I know some will say "well if Peter Rawlinson would just reply to my email asking him to tell me everything that's going on with the company every minute then we wouldn't have to speculate, so this is his fault!", but I think the only conclusion that can be drawn from those drone flyovers is that there is a car company there and they are building cars.
Yeah. At this point, if they can churn out cars faster than they can inspect them and get them into customer hands, then why not continue churning? If they can't announce amazing revenue numbers, at least they can announce that they handily beat their reduced estimates on production. Have some good news at the next earnings call.

Then maybe the stock could go up by 50 cents for a day. Until the next Business Insider article.

It's funny, because my question was posed due to a speculative YouTube post about Lucid have tons of cancellations, hence these cars are stacking up on the lots. When I pointed out they were awaiting quality inspection, I was challenged with the observation that they all had the white shipping tape on them, so my explanation didn't make sense. Your answers allowed me to reply with more details to that responder. So, thank you for your quick posts on this matter.

Being a former CPA, CFO, VP Finance, etc. and knowing what I do about GAAP, I really doubt they can count cars in the factory parking lot as revenue. They might be able to count them in production numbers and they will, most likely, be sitting as inventory (WIP, most likely) on the balance sheet.

At this point though, production and order book are probably more important. Analysts will use both to drive their models. The wild card will be the rate they convert production to revenue, hence the WIP and how long it sits there.

Being a former CPA, CFO, VP Finance, etc. and knowing what I do about GAAP, I really doubt they can count cars in the factory parking lot as revenue. They might be able to count them in production numbers and they will, most likely, be sitting as inventory (WIP, most likely) on the balance sheet.

At this point though, production and order book are probably more important. Analysts will use both to drive their models. The wild card will be the rate they convert production to revenue, hence the WIP and how long it sits there.
You are corect. Revenue, it just that. A car parked in a lot, waiting to be sold and delivered is not revenue. Now, if it was sold, money collected, and awaiting customer pickup, that could be a horse of a different color....

You are corect. Revenue, it just that. A car parked in a lot, waiting to be sold and delivered is not revenue. Now, if it was sold, money collected, and awaiting customer pickup, that could be a horse of a different color....
Like a sapphire blue horse? :cool:

I would be willing to bet they don’t recognize the revenue until the customer accepts delivery.

Back