Lucid Motors Tech and Manufacturing Day webstream presentation live Tue Sep 10, 8AM Pacific

It would seem odd for Lucid to leave the revelation of such information in the hands of non-Lucid sources. Since, as @hydbob said, certain information will become apparent to those driving the RC cars, I would assume one of two things: Lucid will release some information on specs and features officially at this event, or attendees will be under strict non-disclosure agreements.
I would expect some spec info to be released at this event, for sure. At least which trims will be available at launch and what they include? Maybe I'm asking too much, but assuming they are still on track to begin deliveries before year's end, it's getting pretty close to time to reveal some of this info.

The latest rumor is they are going to announce the opening of orders for 9/30 with a target first delivery by last week of october/early november. That way most customers only wait 4-6 weeks for delivery as opposed to months/years when the Air launched.

With the Air we saw some test drive reviews by automotive publications ahead of vehicle launch. For example, Motor Trend published a review of a test drive from Los Angeles to San Francisco on September 15, 2021, six weeks before first customer deliveries.

I'm wondering if early buyers will have the benefit either of seeing an independent test drive of the vehicle or at least seeing (and sitting in) an RC Gravity in a Design Studio before placing an order?

The latest rumor is they are going to announce the opening of orders for 9/30 with a target first delivery by last week of october/early november. That way most customers only wait 4-6 weeks for delivery as opposed to months/years when the Air launched.
Do you know how this rumor is spread?

Do you know how this rumor is spread?
Mostly on twitter from users who talk to Studio advisors at various locations. I personally heard from a rep at the Scottsdale location this intent was communicated to them from management but still all speculation until the launch.

Mostly on twitter from users who talk to Studio advisors at various locations. I personally heard from a rep at the Scottsdale location this intent was communicated to them from management but still all speculation until the launch.
Ugh. Studio advisors are often the most unreliable sources of information when it comes to speculation. I wouldn't trust any dates they tell you. Lucid is a publicly traded company, so all info like that should be officially released to avoid accusations of insider information/trading. No way they're going to let studio staff let the cat out of the bag to the general consumer.

Peter stated that the new, cost-efficient "Atlas" drivetrain could be used in Gravity in the future. Now I am worried that the sub-$80k version is going to have the "Atlas" drivetrain and---more importantly---won't be available until 2026 (together with the mid-size).

Peter stated that the new, cost-efficient "Atlas" drivetrain could be used in Gravity in the future. Now I am worried that the sub-$80k version is going to have the "Atlas" drivetrain and---more importantly---won't be available until 2026 (together with the mid-size).
I'm pretty sure this won't happen.

It was an interesting presentation but not the final Gravity reveal for which I was hoping.

There were only two questions about the Gravity definitively answered: (1) it will have a NACS charge port, and (2) it will have a HUD. However, the NACS port was shown in two different places in the presentation graphics, and neither would be within reach of the cables currently on Tesla Superchargers unless the car could straddle two charging spots.

The presentation showed the Gravity as a 3-row / 7-passenger vehicle, with none of the earlier qualifiers to suggest a 5-passenger or 6-passenger version in the offing. Are those plans dead?

There was no mention of rear-wheel steering.

There was no mention of the air suspension options.

There was no mention of trim levels and power / features of those trim levels. No Dream Edition, either?

Information on start of production and order dates was explicitly withheld.

There were only two questions about the Gravity definitively answered: (1) it will have a NACS charge port, and (2) it will have a HUD. However, the NACS port was shown in two different places in the presentation graphics, and neither would be within reach of the cables currently on Tesla Superchargers unless the car could straddle two charging spots.

Was it shown in two different places? I saw the image of the NACS port on the driver's side rear (the same image Lucid has now posted on Twitter), and then a picture of the first pre-production model coming off the line with a charge port door (which I assume has a CCS port inside it) on the driver's side front. It makes sense that there are two different locations, if the 2024 models will be CCS and the NACS models only come out in 2025....

Was it shown in two different places? I saw the image of the NACS port on the driver's side rear (the same image Lucid has now posted on Twitter), and then a picture of the first pre-production model coming off the line with a charge port door (which I assume has a CCS port inside it) on the driver's side front. It makes sense that there are two different locations, if the 2024 models will be CCS and the NACS models only come out in 2025....
There will be no 2024 model for the Gravity. They will all be 2025s.

However, the NACS port was shown in two different places in the presentation graphics, and neither would be within reach of the cables currently on Tesla Superchargers unless the car could straddle two charging spots.
The NACS port is in the proper spot.

Attachments

• IMG_9967.webp
    IMG_9967.webp
    116.9 KB · Views: 32
It was an interesting presentation but not the final Gravity reveal for which I was hoping.

The presentation showed the Gravity as a 3-row / 7-passenger vehicle, with none of the earlier qualifiers to suggest a 5-passenger or 6-passenger version in the offing. Are those plans dead?

There was no mention of rear-wheel steering.

There was no mention of the air suspension options.

There was no mention of trim levels and power / features of those trim levels. No Dream Edition, either?

Information on start of production and order dates was explicitly withheld.
The presentation was never about revealing Gravity final specs. It was an investor driven talk showing how much better Lucid is than the competition because Lucid wants the guests' money. Peter dropped a few guys hints, but specifically said the full Gravity info will be coming soon.

Sure, but don't you think that there is some significance to specifying that production will begin in late 2024 and that NACS will come in 2025?
No doubt they will be NACS from the beginning and likely ship with an adapter.

The NACS port is in the proper spot.

The charge ports on our Tesla Model S is in the side of the rear taillight about as near to the end of the car as you can get. Even so, we often have to back right up to the concrete parking chocks for a Supercharger cable to reach.

The NACS port location shown on the rear of the Gravity would not be within reach of those cables. Even assuming Musk plays even-handedly with Lucid for software access, a Lucid would only be able to use a Supercharger equipped with one of the longer cables that Tesla is supposedly installing at some stations.

It's just one of the reasons I persist in a dim view of the real prospects of relying on Tesla for charging a Lucid.

The red circle is where the charge port is on a Tesla:

Screenshot 2024-09-10 at 12.54.44 PM.webp

Back