Lucid Motors launches Lucid Financial Services

Hmmm, saying the car/software sucks and it’s turning people off is not a good strategy to get $40k over MSRP.
Not sure that is even possible. Also because supposedly even if one sells it right away the next buyer is the second owner and cannot claim the Federal Tax credit therefore may not be motivated enough to pay much of a premium. That is why the other owner was able to only get 10K over Cost including TTL. People who want to buy will never be deterred by anyone. You guys are living proof of it. I am also confident PIF will not abandon them that easily and they will eventually work things out.

The Service level seems to be better than anything I have ever experienced or heard of.

Sorry I spook easily. Car delivery set for Friday by Noon CST.

Thanks for that sleuthing 👍
In fairness, it didn’t take a genius to figure out. 90% disparaging comments about Lucid, with the same specs selling for 180k before even receiving it.

In fairness, it didn’t take a genius to figure out. 90% disparaging comments about Lucid, with the same specs selling for 180k before even receiving it.
Thanks I am wiser now. Social media and the internet 🤪. Is everyone expressing their issues here lying then? Seems to me THEY have the Car and HAVE Issues. Some issues are with more than one person. If we want to say not a large enough sample then the flip side is the there are not that many cars delivered.
Also I dont think I have ever disagreed that the driving experience seems to be superb.

Thanks I am wiser now. Social media and the internet 🤪. Is everyone expressing their issues here lying then? Seems to me THEY have the Car and HAVE Issues. Some issues are with more than one person. If we want to say not a large enough sample then the flip side is the there are not that many cars delivered.
Also I dont think I have ever disagreed that the driving experience seems to be superb.
I think the issues owners are having mostly have not been significant enough to dissuade them from loving the car enough to keep it, as opposed to making them hate it enough to sell it. Mostly. Again, see owners of Taycan, Rivian, Kia EV6, etc, many reports of issues.

Note, they are still claiming Touring and Pure “later this year.”
That's really interesting, the guy at my dealership says Pure is Q1 next year or so. I'd be happy to take it sooner of course

Good for you that you skipped the line ahead of many who have waited years. I hope you make a nice little profit while you are at it. I just hope that your add on cars.com discloses that “the software sucks”. With a 40k mark up, I think it’s only fair that it come with a buyer beware warning.

As someone who did PS5 and Xbox flipping, anyone can find any opportunity to buy something and flip for profit. If it sells, it's good business.

Good for you that you skipped the line ahead of many who have waited years. I hope you make a nice little profit while you are at it. I just hope that your add on cars.com discloses that “the software sucks”. With a 40k mark up, I think it’s only fair that it come with a buyer beware warning.
Why are you burning so much? I don’t think anyone jumped any line. There is always a buyer beware warning. Basic Law - Caveat Emptor.

What I am curious about is that if you do not want the car and are selling it why waste your time on this web site?
Never said I don’t want it but don’t want it if IT could potentially have the litany of issues listed and discussed here. But you are correct, I should not be wasting my time. You will see me a lot less once I have decided what I want to do with the Car. But I will stop commenting and asking questions right away. Thank you for pointing it out.

Never said I don’t want it but don’t want it if IT could potentially have the litany of issues listed and discussed here. But you are correct, I should not be wasting my time. You will see me a lot less once I have decided what I want to do with the Car. But I will stop commenting and asking questions right away. Thank you for pointing it out.
Sam, I think you've stated before that this would be your first EV. It seems like you are taken back by the issues that Lucid seems to be having. Might I suggest that maybe an EV is not the car for you, yet? Even the company with the most EVs on the road has its fair share of issues. It appears you may not quite be ready to adopt a still fairly nascent technology.

If you peruse any of the other forums, EQS, Rivian, ID4, Ioniq 5, EV6, Taycan, etc you will find similar issues as well.

Sam, I think you've stated before that this would be your first EV. It seems like you are taken back by the issues that Lucid seems to be having. Might I suggest that maybe an EV is not the car for you, yet? Even the company with the most EVs on the road has its fair share of issues. It appears you may not quite be ready to adopt a still fairly nascent technology.

If you peruse any of the other forums, EQS, Rivian, ID4, Ioniq 5, EV6, Taycan, etc you will find similar issues as well.
Thank you. You may very well be right.

Thank you. You may very well be right.

I am perfectly all right waiting until the software gets better but I think there are BEVs out there that are better resolved right now. The BMW IX which I have driven is an example (but one I won't buy because I can't stand the bugs bunny fake grille).

But in time I think the Lucid will be great.

Back