Lucid missing market segment begging to be exploited via Dream Drive

Haggy don't you have an AGT with 360 view? Isn't that better than just side view when backing up?
Could be a good compromise for those who don't have the 360 view.

That's a problem in general with the definitions of levels. Almost all traffic laws in the US are state laws, and drivers (the person in the driver's seat) have to follow the rules of the road, including paying attention. No car company can change that, so in most places, even if a car can do all the driving on its own, it would still be level 2 since you'd still have to pay attention. As for level 3, it's not up to a car company to say that under certain conditions, a person doesn't have to pay attention. And state laws would have to define specific circumstances under which a car could be considered level 3. As it stands now, a police officer can't tell whether my car has Autopilot or Dream Drive or FSD or anything else, much less whether it's activated. That would make it hard for a car to allow me not to pay attention in some situations since there's no way of telling that I'm allowed. I can't see the police ignoring potential violations on the grounds that it's possible that the car is level 3.
Regardless there is a clearly defined definition of the levels. Only MB has applied to run level3 in limited areas I think in Nevada or California. Audi dropped level 3 capability. My disappointment was how long it’s been and still dream drive pro is still in development. Homelink in reverse is a problem. Personally I think it’s a hardware issue. The processor can’t perform all the tasks simultaneously that separate systems perform in other vehicles well. I am hoping all this is resolved in the gravity. In late 2021 it was released homelink funtiinality was poor it’s still an issue. I canceled my gt and don’t regret it. The air is a great vehicle do t get me wrong but it has a lot of quirky shortcoming for a now 80000 vehicle. I bought a near new rs6 it does everything I wanted the air to do. I also think the Audi interface isn’t great but it all works

Haggy don't you have an AGT with 360 view? Isn't that better than just side view when backing up?
360 view shows you roughly where the sides of your car are. It's a rendering, and I think it overestimates a little bit the boundaries of your car. The side view cameras show you exactly where the sides of your car are. The 360 view is great for getting into parking spaces, but if you're within inches of your garage wall/door or something it can be hard to judge.

I hope that, rather than having so many auto makers reinvent the wheel, something like Waymo technology will be easily accessible (and adaptable) for use by companies like Lucid.

Oops, I just remembered that Waymo is owned by Google, like Android Auto. Never mind.
Or Android Automotive. You can just build all of your car entertainment system on Android Automotive. Yes, with as many screens as you want. Yes, you'll have Google Assistant integrated. Yes, also Google Maps. You don't like Google Maps? Sure, just install your lovely HERE Maps fro the play store.
Oh no, that doesn't look in-house built proprietary enough!

2) This said I will be scrutinising the new Volvo EX 90. It may be able to deliver safety features I lamented in my post are still not available as promised on Air GT. Pity company no longer Swedish owned. Would appreciate learning any views on how Gravity and EX 90 compare as details and test drives emerge.
Just to clarify "Volvo Car B" is publicly traded company, where majority of stocks is held by "Geely Holding". So they are China owned more or less as much as Lucid Motors is Saudi Arabia owned.

Last edited:
Or Android Automotive....Oh no, that doesn't look in-house built proprietary enough!
FWIW I've recently noticed that the Android Automotive/GAS UX in the Porsche Macan EV, Maserati Grecale Folgore, and Polestar 3, all appear fully customized and correct for the vehicles' aesthetic. They don't resemble the 2.x AAOS/GAS UX in our Volvo or the Polestar 2.

FWIW I've recently noticed that the Android Automotive/GAS UX in the Porsche Macan EV, Maserati Grecale Folgore, and Polestar 3, all appear fully customized and correct for the vehicles' aesthetic. They don't resemble the 2.x AAOS/GAS UX in our Volvo or the Polestar 2.
Volvo announced earlier this week they will OTA upload the new UX (something similar to what they've shown in EX90 and the new XC90) also to older cars.

Oh no, that doesn't look in-house built proprietary enough!
I know you think the sarcasm here accomplished something, but it only serves to defeat your point; some of us, myself included, actually appreciate the consistent UX and the clearly very high level of thought put into designing an interface that fits the car, even if functionality is not yet perfect.

It's okay to disagree, of course, but the sarcasm is unnecessary and doesn't help make your case.

some of us, myself included, actually appreciate the consistent UX and the clearly very high level of thought put into designing an interface that fits the car, even if functionality is not yet perfect.
It is not a problem to have Android Automotive based entertainment system with completely own design: examples are mentioned above.
Actually, according to this post Lucid Air entertainment system is already on Android Automotive, they just decided to cut the possibility to chose navigation system, to use working assistant and didn't put GAS: https://lucidowners.com/threads/gravity-maybe.9907/#post-222212

It is not a problem to have Android Automotive based entertainment system with completely own design: examples are mentioned above.
Actually, according to this post Lucid Air entertainment system is already on Android Automotive, they just decided to cut the possibility to chose navigation system, to use working assistant and didn't put GAS: https://lucidowners.com/threads/gravity-maybe.9907/#post-222212
I didn’t say it was. I said I liked purpose-built UIs that fit the feel and context of the vehicle, which was the part of the post I was responding to.

Volvo announced earlier this week they will OTA upload the new UX (something similar to what they've shown in EX90 and the new XC90) also to older cars.
Yes, we're looking forward to that in our XC40 EV. Interestingly, probably coincidentally, it took Volvo three years to introduce their revised UX - about the same amount of time it took Lucid for their upcoming new UX in the Gravity.

Interestingly, probably coincidentally, it took Volvo three years to introduce their revised UX - about the same amount of time it took Lucid for their upcoming new UX in the Gravity.
If Gravity will be AAOS with GAS in addition to everything else they've showed it will be no questions favorite for me.

If Gravity will be AAOS with GAS in addition to everything else they've showed it will be no questions favorite for me.
Me too. I'd be throwing my money at the salesperson.

Back