Lucid Launch Event

Updated release below. Again, my apologies for the confusion here, all

Lucid Air Touring
Lucid Air Touring, with an MSRP of $107,400, is the quintessential Air, featuring a fine balance of performance, luxury, design, and space. As such, it can be optioned with the unique Glass Canopy – a single piece of glass that reaches from the base of the windshield to over the heads of the front passengers for an unobstructed view, as well as DreamDrive Pro, Lucid’s advanced driver assistance system. Full specs and additional details for Lucid Air Touring will also be shared on November 15.

I'd be torn. Bigger battery would mean losing that back footwell advantage. It was one of the smaller things preventing me from upgrading to a GT. More range is always tempting, but rear seat comfort can be important on long road trips. And given it would likely cost at least a few $k, a bigger battery would get Touring a little too close to a GT price wise to make sense.

I could see them offering it eventually, though.
I tend to look at things through GT eyes so I would not be surprised to see Lucid offer a standard range GT for people that everything in the GT plus the foot/legroom in back.

I tend to look at things through GT eyes so I would not be surprised to see Lucid offer a standard range GT for people that everything in the GT plus the foot/legroom in back.
That would be more in line with my theory that Touring eventually goes away. Lower the entry cost of GT just a bit with a smaller battery option. Then expand Pure options to include everything you can get with Touring.

But I suppose the perception of the gap between Pure's starting price and the GT would still look too big.

Good thing I'm not in charge of product development.

I'd be torn. Bigger battery would mean losing that back footwell advantage. It was one of the smaller things preventing me from upgrading to a GT. More range is always tempting, but rear seat comfort can be important on long road trips. And given it would likely cost at least a few $k, a bigger battery would get Touring a little too close to a GT price wise to make sense.

I was concerned about that too- but the immense amount of legroom in the back of the car makes the lack of a footwell almost irrelevant- to me, anyway.

I was concerned about that too- but the immense amount of legroom in the back of the car makes the lack of a footwell almost irrelevant- to me, anyway.
Yeah. My wife is particularly picky about her knees being up so high. She wasn't thrilled about it when we sat in the car at the studio. I probably wouldn't mind it that much, as my knees are almost always up a bit on any normal-height chair, anyway.

I have seen the rear footwell in VR yesterday. Trust me, it's not much.
I would rather go with extra battery pack to get that 500 EPA range...
That's a bummer :(

I agree. Three inches lower doesn't seem like it would have much effect. But to her, believe me. It would be noticeably better.

I agree. Three inches lower doesn't seem like it would have much effect. But to her, believe me. It would be noticeably better.
Hey @joec - You got to listen to her...
You are wrong, she is right --> She is right
You are right, she is wrong --> She is still right :)

Lucid Air Touring
Lucid Air Touring, with an MSRP of $107,400, is the quintessential Air, featuring a fine balance of performance, luxury, design, and space. As such, it can be optioned with the unique Glass Canopy – a single piece of glass that reaches from the base of the windshield to over the heads of the front passengers for an unobstructed view, as well as DreamDrive Pro, Lucid’s advanced driver assistance system. Full specs and additional details for Lucid Air Touring will also be shared on November 15.
Will we be given choice to have that extra battery pack ?

Hey @joec - You got to listen to her...
You are wrong, she is right --> She is right
You are right, she is wrong --> She is still right :)
You know, she doesn't give me crap about spending this much money on a car, or letting me choose exactly what I want. The least I can do is make sure she's comfortable sitting in it.

Just saw this alert on Twitter from Lucid and from Jeff Curry...

Tune in on 11.15.22 to hear the very latest from Lucid…click the link below to RSVP and to be reminded. “In the Air - and Beyond” will have exciting product announcements and perhaps some surprises too… #DreamAhead

There's something in the Air — and beyond. Join us for a global Lucid Launch Event where we'll unveil the full #LucidAir family to the world, and provide a peek at our next force of nature.

RSVP at http://DreamAhead.com
it looks like they will launch all five models of AIR side by side for the first time. This may also include update on Gravity.

And, according to the press release, they will deliver the first Touring!
...Tuesday, November 15 at 10:00am PST/1:00pm EST, ahead of the first Air Touring delivery taking place that same evening at the company's Beverly Hills Studio

VR? You didn't really experience sitting with your feet 3" higher. Try this - in a height adjustable chair, put it all the way down to lowest setting. Put a credit card the long way under your foot or a CC under each foot. That's you with a big battery pack. Take the credit card out and that's you in the standard T and P battery. The front edge of the back seat is 11" off the floor (GT) with your butt being lower. So if you find something you can sit on that is 14.15" tall and put something the size of a credit card under your foot, you would simulate the difference between battery packs. 3" makes a pretty big difference on a long trip.

Registered!

Attachments

• 2022Nov15 LucidEvent.jpg
    2022Nov15 LucidEvent.jpg
    35.2 KB · Views: 62
For those that registered, Are we supposed to get a link to watch the livestream?

Lucid Air Touring
Len,

Do you know if the battery in Pure AWD is smaller than T or if the motors are different to have a HP of 480 vs 620? If the battery is the same, are the motors tuned differently? Or, a more plausible explanation is 480 for Pure is for RWD.

From my reading of the Lucid site, I believe that the Pure AWD will be 480 hp, and the RWD will be "less."

Back