Lucid is not alone

Our Volvo XC40 EV as a model had significant and repeating issues during its first 18 months or so of production, including cars bricked by software update, and sometimes cars bricking while driving. Much more frequently, doors would fail to unlock, or GPS would stop working for days or weeks. And no Carplay for 18 months. We've had the less-significant typical problems a few times but it's worked out to be an excellent car for us despite early issues. We're expecting the same path for our Air GT.

Making cars is a very, very complex business. I started out in GM, and maybe that's why I love my Lucid so much. I was worried about getting the first year of a new model because I know how complex a car is to design and manufacture. My Lucid is outstanding and exceeds my expectations daily.

Making cars is a very, very complex business. I started out in GM, and maybe that's why I love my Lucid so much. I was worried about getting the first year of a new model because I know how complex a car is to design and manufacture. My Lucid is outstanding and exceeds my expectations daily.
I wish that my Lucid exceeded my expectations but after almost a year of ownership it does not. I do love driving it and the software is finally getting almost to a production release but when I look back at the press release for the Dream Edition, it has not exceeded those expectations. I hope that my DE and Lucid as a company do far exceed those early expectations. Time will tell.

I wish that my Lucid exceeded my expectations but after almost a year of ownership it does not. I do love driving it and the software is finally getting almost to a production release but when I look back at the press release for the Dream Edition, it has not exceeded those expectations. I hope that my DE and Lucid as a company do far exceed those early expectations. Time will tell.

You early early adopters have endured many more months of glitches . Us slightly later adopters thank you sincerely!!!

I admire that you were an early, early adopter and that your posts are so helpful. I think I probably would not have had such a good experience without you and others like you. THANKS

No, Lucids are not catching fire. I merely posted the Ars Technica link to illustrate several major auto companies also have problems. Thus, Lucid is not some outlier. Please don't take the post out of context. In fact, when Chevy Bolts started going up in flames, GM replaced the batteries in every single one, but it took several months.

Back