Lucid is not alone

Ampere

Verified Owner
Cars
Honda Accord Hybrid
Don't know which thread this fits, but I thought it might be of interest to y'all:

New York CNN —
Tesla announced its delivery and production numbers for the third quarter Sunday, reporting 343,000 total deliveries and 365,000 vehicles built, falling below analysts’ forecasts.
The world’s most valuable automaker said it produced 19,935 and delivered 18,672 Model S and X vehicles. It produced 345,988 Model 3 and Y cars and delivered 325,158.

Lucid is alone in that they, so far, can't seem to ship cars in any significant quantity and a higher-than-normal percentage of the cars that they have shipped are having catastrophic failures while driving.

Lucid is alone in that they, so far, can't seem to ship cars in any significant quantity and a higher-than-normal percentage of the cars that they have shipped are having catastrophic failures while driving.
I do not think a high percentage of cars they shipped are having catastrophic failures. We do not have the data to say that, and the data we do have says it’s a small percentage suffering catastrophic failures.

I do not think a high percentage of cars they shipped are having catastrophic failures. We do not have the data to say that, and the data we do have says it’s a small percentage suffering catastrophic failures.
Whatever the number it's way too high and the failure modes should never happen. Lucid has shipped very few cars to have even 10 cars have driveline failures.

Whatever the number it's way too high and the failure modes should never happen. Lucid has shipped very few cars to have even 10 cars have driveline failures.
Literally every car company ships some cars that have failures. That’s even more true for EVs.

Most, don’t.

Cadillac has only managed to manufacture 186 LYRIQs since they started production March 21st, legacy auto manufacturer with an existing plant. They are now under recall and stop sale for the screen going blank. The LYRIQ has OTA updates but the recall requires the vehicle to go to the dealership for update. I guess OTA isnt enabled yet.

Cadillac has only managed to manufacture 186 LYRIQs since they started production March 21st, legacy auto manufacturer with an existing plant. They are now under recall and stop sale for the screen going blank. The LYRIQ has OTA updates but the recall requires the vehicle to go to the dealership for update. I guess OTA isnt enabled yet.
GM like VW will have long time to get their act tongether in software development. They are always known for legacy ICE hardware at mass volume low price. The only big guy may have hope is Ford of USA and Mercedes Benz of Europe bc at least they try to innovate. Rest of legacy auto companies are close in prehistoric status in term of OTA sophistication behind real pure EV companies like Tesla, Polestar, Rivian and Lucid. (And more EV companies are coming like NIO, VinFast, Indi, Fisker…)

Porsche, Audi, Mini, BMW, Jaguar, Toyota…
Triassic, Jurassic, Cretaceous, Triassic, Jurassic, Cretaceous periods… … 😔 😔 😞 😞 😢 😢

You mean like Toyota who had to offer buybacks on all their BZ4BX models? 🤣

You mean like Toyota who had to offer buybacks on all their BZ4BX models? 🤣
So, because Toyota screw up, it's ok for Lucid to do the same?

No one said that. He’s just pointing out that “Lucid is alone” is inaccurate. Which, I believe is the point of this thread?

No. But you moved the goalposts. Originally you said Lucid was alone in not delivering a high quantity of cars and alone in having them fail. Now you’re saying they need to be better than Toyota and other manufacturers.

They do need to be better, but they are far from alone.

While I would like to see Lucid ship cars at quantity, it is a double edged sword. I truly believed they are having more issues (of whatever type) requiring service than what they planned on or would like. That, in and of itself, is not surprising. The problem is that they do not appear to be ramping up service capability at the same rate. I would expect that their business plan showed a faster delivery ramp and lower service need. Given the current demand on service, I think a slower ramp is more of a savior for them at this point. As they increase the slope of their delivery ramp, they are going to be in a world of hurt if they do not ramp service up to a greater extent. There has been a conspicuous absence of press announcement related to additional service facilities/capabilities.

I have service scheduled to come out once again this week for three separate trim issues with pieces becoming unglued or installation clips failing.

They only delivered 34 Lyrics in all of Q3 😱

Back