Lucid Has Other Car Companies Shooting For Them

Hi Bill 55.

So far on this forum idiot 900, Steveninarizona, Joec, and myself all agree that 6 inches does make a difference in the criteria they use in selecting what car to purchase.

I am sure there are others that feel the same way. I think your general statement that 6 inches does not make much difference is a preference call that is personal in nature and cannot be generalized to everybody
Quote me all you want. Please don’t write your own “quote for me”.
I never wrote 6” does not make much difference.
My initial comment was the Panamera is only 2.8" longer than the Air. I'm not sure that Porsche views length as the defining factor. You indicated the Panamera would get bigger. I don't think it will get bigger, it will get more efficient with space, have more range, more power, and a higher price. It will still be in the same segment.

Quote me all you want. Please don’t write your own “quote for me”.
I never wrote 6” does not make much difference.
My initial comment was the Panamera is only 2.8" longer than the Air. I'm not sure that Porsche views length as the defining factor. You indicated the Panamera would get bigger. I don't think it will get bigger, it will get more efficient with space, have more range, more power, and a higher price. It will still be in the same segment.
You originally pointed out that the Panamera was 2.8 inches longer. You then stated
"Bill55 said:
"I don't think it matters if the Panamera gains a few inches". That's where the 6 inches came from(2.8 plus a few inches)

At this point it's not worth continuing this discussion, so let's just move on to another topic.

I am looking forward to your evaluation on the Sapphire which you are ordering.

I would also like something smaller, ultimately. Smaller and lighter. But the Air is what Lucid has at the moment. And I don’t particularly like any other smaller EVs at the moment.

Just as many here are buying Air and thinking they will eventually end up in Gravity, I will likely get whatever smaller sedan Lucid makes after the Air next. But that’s going to be at least 5 years off, so I’ll get plenty of time in the Air to change my mind, I guess.
You and your wife could be my siblings. This is exactly how I feel. Despite how ugly the front is, I actually looked at and considered the BMW I4 but the I4-40 has too little power for me to move the heavy BEV and the I4-50 has too little range. The Lucid is at the absolute end of what I would consider in terms of length so the extra inches do make a difference, at least to me.

My perfect sized car would be an M2 with a 300 + mile range and a weight to HP ratio of no more than 13 (Lucid Pure is around 10) But no one is currently making that.

You and your wife could be my siblings. This is exactly how I feel. Despite how ugly the front is, I actually looked at and considered the BMW I4 but the I4-40 has too little power for me to move the heavy BEV and the I4-50 has too little range. The Lucid is at the absolute end of what I would consider in terms of length so the extra inches do make a difference, at least to me.

My perfect sized car would be an M2 with a 300 + mile range and a weight to HP ratio of no more than 13 (Lucid Pure is around 10) But no one is currently making that.
I actually did order the BMW i4M50(ugly grill included) for my wife. It should arrive sometime this October(1 year wait). I offered to buy my wife a Pure, in addition to my AGT but she said it was too large, so we settled on the BMW(would not consider a Tesla).

Originally, I had ordered a Taycan and was told by my salesman the car would be between 188-190 inches. When it came in at the dealerships it measured 195 inches, which is when I started looking around. The Lucid was a far better car with both at the same length.

I would love a Lucid about 6 inches shorter. Maybe a coupe version, as I have little need for a backseat, as I have other cars for that.

I actually did order the BMW i4M50(ugly grill included) for my wife. It should arrive sometime this October(1 year wait). I offered to buy my wife a Pure, in addition to my AGT but she said it was too large, so we settled on the BMW(would not consider a Tesla).

Originally, I had ordered a Taycan and was told by my salesman the car would be between 188-190 inches. When it came in at the dealerships it measured 195 inches, which is when I started looking around. The Lucid was a far better car with both at the same length.

I would love a Lucid about 6 inches shorter. Maybe a coupe version, as I have little need for a backseat, as I have other cars for that.
It sounds like you have enough cars that having the I4-M50 with its more limited range won't be a problem as your wife can always switch cars. Also...the BMWs are very efficient (as are, of course, the Lucids). If it had at least a 300 mile range, I think I would have gone for it but ordered it in Black with a black out package to hide the grille as much as possible. But I am a one car family these days so range is more important to me.

300 miles real range is a starting point for a lot of folks, which is why 400 miles EPA is such an important thing. I'd 100% go for a smaller Lucid if it were available, but I'm good with the size of the Air - I wouldn't want it any bigger though. It's 2" longer than my previous car, but 6" longer than my current car. That's tight enough fit in my garage. Can't wait till I can park it at my house though while I drool over whatever they're building next..

It sounds like you have enough cars that having the I4-M50 with its more limited range won't be a problem as your wife can always switch cars. Also...the BMWs are very efficient (as are, of course, the Lucids). If it had at least a 300 mile range, I think I would have gone for it but ordered it in Black with a black out package to hide the grille as much as possible. But I am a one car family these days so range is more important to me.
Understandable. With the 19 inch wheels the i4M50 has a 270 mile range. But being a one car family, I can see that range would be a primary concern for you

What can you buy now? Loaded question as I placed a Lucid reservation far in advance. If I get a sapphire by end of Q2 2023, they are crushing the competition. Try to buy a Lyriq.
I quite agree there isn't much to buy now---tho i drove the eTron GT RS for fun this week...can't believe the price, given the range....(but the "market adjustment" seems a thing of the past). Still the sticker is about the same as Air GT; with less range, less power and a tiny back seat there's no way I'd buy it even tho the dealer has 3....

No way in hell they are going to deliver a Sapphire by q2 23. That would be a big screw you to all the reservation holders for the touring and pure models. I don’t see how Lucid recovers from the loss of so much talent and leadership from manufacturing. To say Lucid is in trouble would be an understatement.
The ace up their sleeve is the Saudi fund....assuming they don't decide to throw in the towel, which I doubt they'll do.

LCID needs more cash next year and if the stock price keeps dropping I wouldn't be surprised to see the Saudis take it private

The ace up their sleeve is the Saudi fund....assuming they don't decide to throw in the towel, which I doubt they'll do.

LCID needs more cash next year and if the stock price keeps dropping I wouldn't be surprised to see the Saudis take it private
"Going private. $420 a share" 😂

Porsche is going public. The Lucid snaps necks when you drive by, the Taycan not so much. The Taycan requires that you make excuses for the lack of range whereas the Lucid lets you brag about it. Porsche isn’t stupid, they know they can’t just sit back and be complacent with the Porsche name where the Lucid crushes every stat the top end Taycan has for less money. I considered a Taycan but the range and lower power for the price made it a total non starter.
I had a chance to check out the Taycan Turbo S GT today. I’m conflicted. It looks like a 7 out of 10 coming and 3 out of 4 going. I did like the chocolate interior, but it is pretty blah otherwise. The AGT is way more spacious and doesn’t make you say “wtf” when looking at it. For 250k it makes me feel like I stole my Lucid

Attachments

• DE56EC78-B67B-47D4-809F-DC17105313C1.jpeg
    DE56EC78-B67B-47D4-809F-DC17105313C1.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 116
  • 34DAA76E-936F-4C36-9767-828978FB0907.jpeg
    34DAA76E-936F-4C36-9767-828978FB0907.jpeg
    2.5 MB · Views: 103
  • 2725D730-16B8-4F06-B12B-850AB64209FF.jpeg
    2725D730-16B8-4F06-B12B-850AB64209FF.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 100
  • D17AF90C-FDC8-4AE5-B5A6-AB68CAFF32BD.jpeg
    D17AF90C-FDC8-4AE5-B5A6-AB68CAFF32BD.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 103
No way in hell they are going to deliver a Sapphire by q2 23. That would be a big screw you to all the reservation holders for the touring and pure models. I don’t see how Lucid recovers from the loss of so much talent and leadership from manufacturing. To say Lucid is in trouble would be an understatement.
You
I'm sure I own a few shares of Lucid in my portfolio. Perhaps this next raise, I'll up my stake.

Not giving up on Lucid.
Since we pay such close attention to the GT Delivery Tracker, few of us were surprised to see Lucid revise their delivery estimates. On the flip side, most of us see what is going on with the production ramp and I would be very surprised if they don’t blow the delivery estimates out next quarter. I feel that those with brass balls and conviction will do well with the stock. I have no doubt that Lucid will come out on top in software fixes and deliveries, which is why I plan to pick up more shares soon.

MB whacking prices in China:

Likely in reaction to the 600 mile range Nio ET7, which starts at $69k USD

I fear the biggest challenge for Tesla, Lucid, BMW, MB is actually the Chinese product which looks great, has economies of scale with production and batt sourcing, and is already the global range king.

And on top of everything already discussed, you STILL have to walk into that viper’s nest of a Porsche dealership, and negotiate them down from their thunderously idiotic “Additional Dealer Markup.”

Otherwise I’ll sic my little Filipina old lady mama on them, and she’ll bargain them down to sub-MSRP. At least she’ll put up a ferocious fight trying.

MB whacking prices in China:

Likely in reaction to the 600 mile range Nio ET7, which starts at $69k USD

I fear the biggest challenge for Tesla, Lucid, BMW, MB is actually the Chinese product which looks great, has economies of scale with production and batt sourcing, and is already the global range king.
Ford and Tesla dropped prices earlier. Pricing of domestic product in China is causing a real issue. But it’s misleading to just do a currency conversion from yuan to dollars. That’s what the car sells for in China, but not anywhere else. It’s interesting that nio decided that new markets in Europe will be leasing only, no sales.

Back