Lucid Has Other Car Companies Shooting For Them

I think we are getting off topic.

I agree the Taycan is not even close to the Air, which is why I purchased the Air vs the Taycan

Your original comment was that 6 inches would not make much difference to a potential purchaser. I disagree. One of the reasons I have a BMW on order for my wife when I offered to buy her a Lucid Pure was that she wanted a smaller car. Some may not care about a 6 inch difference, while others will consider it a non starter for them
My initial comment was the Panamera is only 2.8" longer than the Air. I'm not sure that Porsche views length as the defining factor. You indicated the Panamera would get bigger. I don't think it will get bigger, it will get more efficient with space, have more range, more power, and a higher price. It will still be in the same segment.

Porsche is going public. The Lucid snaps necks when you drive by, the Taycan not so much. The Taycan requires that you make excuses for the lack of range whereas the Lucid lets you brag about it. Porsche isn’t stupid, they know they can’t just sit back and be complacent with the Porsche name where the Lucid crushes every stat the top end Taycan has for less money. I considered a Taycan but the range and lower power for the price made it a total non starter.

Porsche is going public. The Lucid snaps necks when you drive by, the Taycan not so much. The Taycan requires that you make excuses for the lack of range whereas the Lucid lets you brag about it. Porsche isn’t stupid, they know they can’t just sit back and be complacent with the Porsche name where the Lucid crushes every stat the top end Taycan has for less money. I considered a Taycan but the range and lower power for the price made it a total non starter.
Same

My info is based on the article below that the Panamera will get bigger. Since 2027 is a long way away, things may change. But at this time Autocar says it will be based on the long wheelbase model, not the standard Panamera model

"A
utocar notes that the development of the Panamera EV is still in its infancy but it is tipped to have a wheelbase and length similar to the long-wheelbase Panamera currently available to Chinese customers."

Also same which is why I chose the Lucid vs the Air

My info is based on the article below that the Panamera will get bigger. Since 2027 is a long way away, things may change. But at this time Autocar says it will be based on the long wheelbase model, not the standard Panamera model

"A
utocar notes that the development of the Panamera EV is still in its infancy but it is tipped to have a wheelbase and length similar to the long-wheelbase Panamera currently available to Chinese customers."
2027 🤣 . People on this forum are giving Lucid a hard time for Sapphire being 1h 2023.

I agree the Taycan is not even close to the Air, which is why I purchased the Air vs the Taycan

Your original comment was that 6 inches would not make much difference to a potential purchaser. I disagree. One of the reasons I have a BMW on order for my wife when I offered to buy her a Lucid Pure was that she wanted a smaller car. Some may not care about a 6 inch difference, while others will consider it a non starter for them
I would also like something smaller, ultimately. Smaller and lighter. But the Air is what Lucid has at the moment. And I don’t particularly like any other smaller EVs at the moment.

Just as many here are buying Air and thinking they will eventually end up in Gravity, I will likely get whatever smaller sedan Lucid makes after the Air next. But that’s going to be at least 5 years off, so I’ll get plenty of time in the Air to change my mind, I guess.

I would also like something smaller, ultimately. Smaller and lighter. But the Air is what Lucid has at the moment. And I don’t particularly like any other smaller EVs at the moment.

Just as many here are buying Air and thinking they will eventually end up in Gravity, I will likely get whatever smaller sedan Lucid makes after the Air next. But that’s going to be at least 5 years off, so I’ll get plenty of time in the Air to change my mind, I guess.

I agree with you completely. I will also buy another Lucid when they come out with a smaller sedan

Lot's of very cool EVs are always 2 years away. The Lucid is here now. I'm very excited for the future. I'm keeping my 427 as long as I can still buy gas.

joeyheadshot-80x80.jpg

ByJoey Klender
Posted on September 7, 2022
Lucid Motors is continuing to struggle with its initial production ramp of its introductory EV, the Lucid Air. However, it is also having trouble keeping the high-ranking executives it hired and tasked with solving the issues that have kept the electric vehicle startup from reaching mass production.

Lucid Group has lost at least six high-ranking, manufacturing-focused executives in “recent weeks,” according to a new report from Business Insider. Struggling to ramp mass production of its electric vehicles, Lucid has lost the following members of its manufacturing team:

• Vice President of Global Manufacturing – Peter Hochholdinger
  • Vice President of Programs – Ralph Jakobs
  • Head of Arizona Operations – Mike Boike
  • Head of New Production Introduction and Program Management – David Peel
  • Senior Manager of Logistics Engineering – Chris Barber
  • Director of Operational Excellence – Keith Champion

Doing great things is hard. I'm critical of Lucid software. I have faith because I think they can and will make the fixes and be great.

Hoping to take delivery of a Sapphire at the factory 1h of 2023.

I'm sure I own a few shares of Lucid in my portfolio. Perhaps this next raise, I'll up my stake.

Not giving up on Lucid.

It's all talk at this point. The Taycan is in the same segment/class, but I don't think the Taycan is even close to the Air. Performance and Range the Air is the best EV. It's not close.
I wouldn't bet against VW/Audi as "All Talk"...they have huge capitalization, brand loyalty, R&D Ex, design/engineering, marketing, etc...and no need to squander by misleading their base...if Lucid were popping out 40k units a year and thus eating their cheese...maybe a different story. But if Im sitting here in a year with no Touring and Audi has something competitive (new design, not 6 years old) I'll weight the +s/-s, including waiting a little for what might then be the next new/best thing

I wouldn't bet against VW/Audi as "All Talk"...they have huge capitalization, brand loyalty, R&D Ex, design/engineering, marketing, etc...and no need to squander by misleading their base...if Lucid were popping out 40k units a year and thus eating their cheese...maybe a different story. But if Im sitting here in a year with no Touring and Audi has something competitive (new design, not 6 years old) I'll weight the +s/-s, including waiting a little for what might then be the next new/best thing
What can you buy now? Loaded question as I placed a Lucid reservation far in advance. If I get a sapphire by end of Q2 2023, they are crushing the competition. Try to buy a Lyriq.

No way in hell they are going to deliver a Sapphire by q2 23. That would be a big screw you to all the reservation holders for the touring and pure models. I don’t see how Lucid recovers from the loss of so much talent and leadership from manufacturing. To say Lucid is in trouble would be an understatement.

No way in hell they are going to deliver a Sapphire by q2 23. That would be a big screw you to all the reservation holders for the touring and pure models. I don’t see how Lucid recovers from the loss of so much talent and leadership from manufacturing. To say Lucid is in trouble would be an understatement.
It’s easy to make doomy predictions and sound so authoritative and convincing, and yet on what do you base this “they’ll never recover from such talent loss” claims? Do you think they didn’t hire people to replace them? They most certainly did. And they’re good people too, if you look into it. I’d be actually worried if Lucid didn’t seem adaptable and just left people in a position when the results they were responsible for where not satisfactory. THAT would spell doom for me. The fact that Lucid is taking steps to improve is a positive, and yet of course it’s these dumb shit stirring articles that spin course-correcting moves into a negative and so many just buy it as if it’s gospel. Well guys I guess Lucid is OVER cuz some executives got canned, and the Sapphire is the icing on the cake of failure!

I think they will be at 2000+ cars a month by Q2. Delivering 200 Sapphires and 11,800 Other Airs will certainly be possible and generate much more press than 12,000 and 0. Lucid hired Steven David as SVP Operations. A shakeup as he brings in his team was not unexpected.

Agreed they are all large sedans in classification.

But some people would prefer a smaller large sedan, some a larger one. Some people have smaller garages, so the size difference would make a difference to them and some just would prefer to drive a smaller large sedan, as some would prefer the larger one as they travel frequently with back seat passengers.
Yes. I am one of those who prefers a small more maneuverable car. The Lucid is at the outer edge of size for me.

I don't think it matters if the Panamera gains a few inches.
I might be a relatively rare case, but I have a small 1-car garage in a city and those few extra inches make the Panamera unworkable. The Lucid will barely fit as it stands.

It’s easy to make doomy predictions and sound so authoritative and convincing, and yet on what do you base this “they’ll never recover from such talent loss” claims? Do you think they didn’t hire people to replace them? They most certainly did. And they’re good people too, if you look into it. I’d be actually worried if Lucid didn’t seem adaptable and just left people in a position when the results they were responsible for where not satisfactory. THAT would spell doom for me. The fact that Lucid is taking steps to improve is a positive, and yet of course it’s these dumb shit stirring articles that spin course-correcting moves into a negative and so many just buy it as if it’s gospel. Well guys I guess Lucid is OVER cuz some executives got canned, and the Sapphire is the icing on the cake of failure!
And there is no way of knowing these folks voluntarily quit. Lucid needed a shake-up in Arizona. This was it.

Hi Bill 55.

So far on this forum idiot 900, Steveninarizona, Joec, and myself all agree that 6 inches does make a difference in the criteria they use in selecting what car to purchase.

I am sure there are others that feel the same way. I think your general statement that 6 inches does not make much difference is a preference call that is personal in nature and cannot be generalized to everybody

Back