Lucid GT3

dawktah LucidGT

Verified Owner
Cars
AGT Zenith Red
I saw this and rather hop Lucid goes a little bit smaller with a sportscar. Peter Rawlinson, early in his career, designed a small sportscar intended to be sold as a kit car. I don't think it ever got into production but it did get him a job at Lotus (Chief Engineer of Advanced Engineering). Lotus is known for compact RWD sportscars with great handling.
Meanwhile...
Derek Jenkins is Lucid's VP of Design. He is known for designing the universally praised 4th generation (ND) MX-5 Miata, a compact RWD sportscar with... well, you get the idea.

Having owned and raced Miatas I would freakin' LOVE an electric Miata! It does not need 500 miles range. It does not need AWD. It needs to be light enough to have fun. If Lucid can make the heavy Air handle well, and all reports say it is great, they can do it even better in a light small sportscar. The world doesn't need any more half million dollar plus hypercars. What we do need is an entertaining electric sportscar that is attainable (and insurable) by normal people.

Make this happen, Lucid. I will pay full price today and wait as long as it takes.

I saw this and rather hop Lucid goes a little bit smaller with a sportscar. Peter Rawlinson, early in his career, designed a small sportscar intended to be sold as a kit car. I don't think it ever got into production but it did get him a job at Lotus (Chief Engineer of Advanced Engineering). Lotus is known for compact RWD sportscars with great handling.
Meanwhile...
Derek Jenkins is Lucid's VP of Design. He is known for designing the universally praised 4th generation (ND) MX-5 Miata, a compact RWD sportscar with... well, you get the idea.

Having owned and raced Miatas I would freakin' LOVE an electric Miata! It does not need 500 miles range. It does not need AWD. It needs to be light enough to have fun. If Lucid can make the heavy Air handle well, and all reports say it is great, they can do it even better in a light small sportscar. The world doesn't need any more half million dollar plus hypercars. What we do need is an entertaining electric sportscar that is attainable (and insurable) by normal people.

Make this happen, Lucid. I will pay full price today and wait as long as it takes.
I’m with you. I had posted in another thread that I really want an electric convertible for my months in Florida. The Tesla didn’t do it for me (manually take the top off). And who knows when that comes out. Thought Porsche would come out with one but that doesn’t seem on the horizon. I did a 3 year BMW 440 lease figuring that would be enough time. The 3 years are up in September! I wasn’t even in the ballpark. SUV’s and trucks (with occasional sedans) is the market these days.

I’m with you. I had posted in another thread that I really want an electric convertible for my months in Florida. The Tesla didn’t do it for me (manually take the top off). And who knows when that comes out. Thought Porsche would come out with one but that doesn’t seem on the horizon. I did a 3 year BMW 440 lease figuring that would be enough time. The 3 years are up in September! I wasn’t even in the ballpark. SUV’s and trucks (with occasional sedans) is the market these days.

It will be interesting to see what versions of the Rolls Royce Spectre there will be.

Meanwhile...

I agree. The AGT I ordered I am looking forward too, but what I really wanted was a smaller electric car. The Tesla Model 3 is a no go because of the numerous reasons already stated on this forum. If Lucid ever came out with a smaller EV (non SUV) I think it would be a hit as there is a big market for it. (the BMW i4M50 that I ordered for my wife is already sold out for 1 year in advance)

Back