Lucid Group (LCID) Wins Some Much-Needed Love From Wall Street and a $28 Stock Price Target

This article repeats yet again the incorrect claim that Lucid has emailed Dream Edition customers to confirm their orders, something the article seems to think bolsters what it calls Lucid's "speed to market". Lucid has done nothing of the sort. No customers have yet been asked to confirm orders. The Lucid website and order configurator don't even reflect the bifurcation of the Dream into two versions. Today is the one-year anniversary of the unveiling of the "production representative" Air in New York. And apparently Lucid is still tinkering around with the front suspension and goodness knows what else.

I am still an early reservation holder for a Rivian R1S. Today Rivian announced a "directed share" program by which eligible reservation holders will be able to purchase IPO shares from a pool of shares set aside for early Rivian customers. There is no information yet on what the share pricing or lot size limits will be.

I had hoped Lucid would offer a similar "friends and family" share set-aside at the time it went public as a nod to early reservation holders who have supported the company over the past couple of years but, of course, it never did.

I don't know yet whether I'll add Rivian to my investments in Tesla and Lucid, but it was a nice gesture from Rivian, nonetheless.

Stock popped after hours when Lucid released reservation numbers and cash on hand.

Back