Lucid Gravity getting ready for Prime Time

What even... where does one obtain an alligator? And even if he did obtain an alligator, why was it in the car? 🤣

I suppose the fact that there even is an alligator in the story ensures that it happened in Florida. Weird state... the cost you pay for no state income tax, I guess 🤣
Lots of alligators in Florida.

We're going to keep our Air Dream P and get rid of our Odyssey when the Gravity arrives.

The only reason we have three vehicles right now is that both my partner and I each want full access to an EV, and we need a 6-adult hauler. But if the Gravity meets the 6-adult need and drives anything near as well as the Air, the Air and the Gravity will be all we need.

At that point, the Tesla Model S Plaid might also go. It just doesn't hold up against the Air in terms of room, ride, comfort, or handling. The few extra 10ths of acceleration are meaningless in public-road driving and are lost anyway to its less secure handling under heavy throttle.
Makes total sense. Not sure my wife is ready to go full electric at this point. Also, her new diesel Suburban is a really efficient machine for being that big (26-28mpg). Super Cruise is super nice on long haul drives too. Waiting for that hands-free feature on our Lucids!

Makes total sense. Not sure my wife is ready to go full electric at this point. Also, her new diesel Suburban is a really efficient machine for being that big (26-28mpg). Super Cruise is super nice on long haul drives too. Waiting for that hands-free feature on our Lucids!
Those diesels are REALLY nice in terms of MPG and torque and I'm happy GM is sticking with them. How is the power for your needs? We were considering it for a second!

I hope Lucid can get that out sometime in 2025, which I would think is likely. We have all the hardware for it, after all...

Having never owned an Odyssey, I will say the Gravity felt positively cavernous. The third row seats were comfortable, but the second row seats were basically recliner amounts of space

I did not miss the 5 inches lol

Also, the doors open 90 degrees again, fwiww, and the car is higher, so ingress/egress should be just fine.

My dream car. 😍
I would have bought gravity instead of Pure if it was then available for bit more than Pure.

Those diesels are REALLY nice in terms of MPG and torque and I'm happy GM is sticking with them. How is the power for your needs? We were considering it for a second!
Diesel exhaust is a known carcinogen and contributes directly to cardiovascular disease.

Diesel exhaust is a known carcinogen and contributes directly to cardiovascular disease.
When untreated, this is true. However, aren't most diesel catalytic systems (such as blutec) effective at reducing these emissions? To me at least, diesel is a very misunderstood fuel all because of VWs idiotic actions (as well as others). Or maybe I'm wrong, but who knows.

By the way, am I the only one that likes the smell of traditional gas stations? (diesel school buses and deleted diesels are terrible though, they smell like crap. probably because of the fact that commercial vehicles and modded have less restrictions..)

When untreated, this is true. However, aren't most diesel catalytic systems (such as blutec) effective at reducing these emissions? To me at least, diesel is a very misunderstood fuel all because of VWs idiotic actions (as well as others). Or maybe I'm wrong, but who knows.

By the way, am I the only one that likes the smell of traditional gas stations? (diesel school buses and deleted diesels are terrible though, they smell like crap. probably because of the fact that commercial vehicles and modded have less restrictions..)
You are correct. The engine requires DEF fluid to reduce emissions. They sell it everywhere now. When DEF tank Is too low, the car limits speed and will eventually stop running. Indicator on the dash just like oil life…

How many are trading their Sedans for the Gravity or just adding it to their fleet?

I asked myself a variation of this question, and here’s my answer. When the Gravity I order becomes available, I’ll sell both our Tesla Model X and my Lucid Air. By then we will be down to only one driver in the family, me.

When I sell the Air I will be a little sad of course, but I’ll know that will have had my fun.

I agree. The gravity suits more of my needs. But it wasn't around. I wonder what the trade in value of an AGT would be

Just a WAG here - about $50,000. Assuming that I sell my Air GT at the three-year mark, and keeping in mind that Lucid has been dropping prices on their brand new Airs, I’m assuming that our Airs will have depreciated by well over 60%. I’m not holding out much hope.

Also, luxury car brands have tended to depreciate much faster than mass market brands like Honda and Toyota.

Just a WAG here - about $50,000. Assuming that I sell my Air GT at the three-year mark, and keeping in mind that Lucid has been dropping prices on their brand new Airs, I’m assuming that our Airs will have depreciated by well over 60%. I’m not holding out much hope.

Also, luxury car brands have tended to depreciate much faster than mass market brands like Honda and Toyota.
Unless it is a Lexus. This one depreciates like a Ferrari.
This time I will wait a year before making the decision on the Gravity. It sounds great but …

When our bike and dog hauler minivan with 127k miles dies I will get a used high mileage 7 seater ev with range enough for local driving. My previous minivan mercury vilager 3 liter v6 asted 175k miles 21 years. This one has 127k miles 3.3 v6 and is in better condition than the villager at the same miles and we now drive barely 2k miles per year now with my Lucid and wife's Ioniq 5. So it may run for 10 years and a used gravity or equivalent with 60k miles may cost me 40k or less by then.

Back