Lucid Gravity 3.4.0 software update

one time my Tesla just stopped FSDing in the middle of a turn and went straight and almost hit someone
Sounds just like my Gravity when DDP2 is initiated, it loses sight of the road line and instead of keeping the wheel turned, turns the wheel back straight. Has happened every single time I’ve used it since August.
 
Sounds just like my Gravity when DDP2 is initiated, it loses sight of the road line and instead of keeping the wheel turned, turns the wheel back straight. Has happened every single time I’ve used it since August.
Your car needs service. That’s not normal.
 
Sounds just like my Gravity when DDP2 is initiated, it loses sight of the road line and instead of keeping the wheel turned, turns the wheel back straight. Has happened every single time I’ve used it since August.
Are you initiating DDP2 on a curve and then immediately letting go? Or are you saying DDP2 has been engaged and can’t make a curve?

When I engage DDP2, I don’t let go until I’m sure it is tracking well. Also, DDP2 is fine for highway curves that don’t require a speed decrease. Sharper curves currently require intervention.

Even with these limitations, I’ve used DDP2 for the vast majority of my highway driving. I’ve probably logged nearly 3K miles with DDP2 in the last 1.5 months.
 
Are you initiating DDP2 on a curve and then immediately letting go? Or are you saying DDP2 has been engaged and can’t make a curve?

When I engage DDP2, I don’t let go until I’m sure it is tracking well. Also, DDP2 is fine for highway curves that don’t require a speed decrease. Sharper curves currently require intervention.

Even with these limitations, I’ve used DDP2 for the vast majority of my highway driving. I’ve probably logged nearly 3K miles with DDP2 in the last 1.5 months.
You’ll have to excuse my shaky drawn lines but I’ll engage DDP2 on a straight road. I usually never let go of the wheel, even on the highway. Every time it approaches a curve where the road lines break for an intersection, instead of following the curve of the road, as even my 2019 8 series did, the car will immediately jerk the wheel straight and follow the yellow line. Instead of leaving the wheel alone to follow the red line.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_6838.webp
    IMG_6838.webp
    247.3 KB · Views: 102
You’ll have to excuse my shaky drawn lines but I’ll engage DDP2 on a straight road. I usually never let go of the wheel, even on the highway. Every time it approaches a curve where the road lines break for an intersection, instead of following the curve of the road, as even my 2019 8 series did, the car will immediately jerk the wheel straight and follow the yellow line. Instead of leaving the wheel alone to follow the red line.
I thought DDP2 was designed for limited-access and divided highways? I appreciate that it can handle simple suburban main roads, however that capability is more the anomaly than the expected? Are my expectations for my Gravity too low?
 
You’ll have to excuse my shaky drawn lines but I’ll engage DDP2 on a straight road. I usually never let go of the wheel, even on the highway. Every time it approaches a curve where the road lines break for an intersection, instead of following the curve of the road, as even my 2019 8 series did, the car will immediately jerk the wheel straight and follow the yellow line. Instead of leaving the wheel alone to follow the red line.
DD is more meant for highways right now. I wouldn't trust it on side streets. I can see the wheel icon going on and off all the time.
 
We're starting to see glitches in the 3.4.0 in our newer Gravity. Over the past two days the car has not recognized the key fob on one occasion, and the Pilot Screen has frozen twice -- not blacked out, but just frozen and failing to respond to inputs. For instance, I could still change the drive mode via the steering wheel, but the Pilot Screen would not respond to a drive mode change or a suspension height adjustment. Nor would it change from one screen to another, such as navigation to music.
 
You’ll have to excuse my shaky drawn lines but I’ll engage DDP2 on a straight road. I usually never let go of the wheel, even on the highway. Every time it approaches a curve where the road lines break for an intersection, instead of following the curve of the road, as even my 2019 8 series did, the car will immediately jerk the wheel straight and follow the yellow line. Instead of leaving the wheel alone to follow the red line.
This is normal for DDP2 right now. Its capabilities are limited to auto lane centering with clear lane lines or equivalent boundary cues. Intersections lack those lane cues. It works well within those limits, and only within those limits, even on the highway. Don’t expect it to be like Tesla Supervised FSD yet where it can function well in complex urban environments.

The good news is that the Gravity has more cameras than Tesla. It also has radar, lidar, and sonar, so the potential is there to out-perform Tesla FSD. We’ll get a major update around the end of the year with the Nvidia self driving partnership, as announced by Marc Winterhoff. Of course, I’m tempering my expectations on the timetable, but Nvidia has the self-driving level 2/3 working in the Mercedes today, so I’m hopeful.
 
This is normal for DDP2 right now. Its capabilities are limited to auto lane centering with clear lane lines or equivalent boundary cues. Intersections lack those lane cues. It works well within those limits, and only within those limits, even on the highway. Don’t expect it to be like Tesla Supervised FSD yet where it can function well in complex urban environments.

The good news is that the Gravity has more cameras than Tesla. It also has radar, lidar, and sonar, so the potential is there to out-perform Tesla FSD. We’ll get a major update around the end of the year with the Nvidia self driving partnership, as announced by Marc Winterhoff. Of course, I’m tempering my expectations on the timetable, but Nvidia has the self-driving level 2/3 working in the Mercedes today, so I’m hopeful.

Even the Air has more cameras than Tesla. So it too should have the potential to outperform Tesla FSD. Potentially.
 
Yep. We are still here, just like FM and AM still is out there. I use it for music, sports and occasionally news. I also use Apple Music and Tidal. Prefer to have options for my music. Sometimes the algorithms on the apps don't quite do it for me and I need a DJ (on the stations that still have them) to help me find music I want to listen to.
Actually...still a ton of us out there. Music channels are great for 'seamless discovery' of new music...and CNBC/CNN/etc make it worth the subscription from my standpoint. Wish to heck they would fix the problem with the needing to overtly return to 'Favorites' screen with every startup.
 
This is normal for DDP2 right now. Its capabilities are limited to auto lane centering with clear lane lines or equivalent boundary cues. Intersections lack those lane cues. It works well within those limits, and only within those limits, even on the highway. Don’t expect it to be like Tesla Supervised FSD yet where it can function well in complex urban environments.

The good news is that the Gravity has more cameras than Tesla. It also has radar, lidar, and sonar, so the potential is there to out-perform Tesla FSD. We’ll get a major update around the end of the year with the Nvidia self driving partnership, as announced by Marc Winterhoff. Of course, I’m tempering my expectations on the timetable, but Nvidia has the self-driving level 2/3 working in the Mercedes today, so I’m hopeful.
Complex urban environments? This is a single lane road that even an eight year old BMW could handle better when it loses sight of the road line.
What good are more cameras and hardware when it doesn’t work? I wonder how Air owners feel that bought their Air in 2022 with the promise it has the most advanced driver assistance suite on the road yet cars with less hardware perform better than it. And just like Gravity was promised hands free by end of year last year and here we are. New to the Lucid brand back in August so learning to extend promises by at least six to 12 months. We’ll probably see “point to point” end of 2027, not end of 2026.
 
I thought DDP2 was designed for limited-access and divided highways? I appreciate that it can handle simple suburban main roads, however that capability is more the anomaly than the expected? Are my expectations for my Gravity too low?

The Owner's Manual is very clear on the limitations of DreamDrive, to the extent that there is literally a section titled "DreamDrive Limitations" (p.126).
I know owners don't always like manuals; it takes time to actually read and acquire knowledge.
However, especially when it comes to my life, I'll take that time.
Some things I prefer to learn in advance, not from experience.

Not criticizing those who defer on the manual.
After all, we're all adults here; personal choice.



Screenshot 2026-02-26 at 11.05.58 AM.webp
 
Complex urban environments? This is a single lane road that even an eight year old BMW could handle better when it loses sight of the road line.
What good are more cameras and hardware when it doesn’t work? I wonder how Air owners feel that bought their Air in 2022 with the promise it has the most advanced driver assistance suite on the road yet cars with less hardware perform better than it. And just like Gravity was promised hands free by end of year last year and here we are. New to the Lucid brand back in August so learning to extend promises by at least six to 12 months. We’ll probably see “point to point” end of 2027, not end of 2026.
The opposite approach would be Tesla where they just say "hey use it anywhere", and then it kills people.
 
Complex urban environments?
I certainly agree Tesla SFSD is truly phenomenol at what it does around the city. I tended to experiment with it around home - I like to be the driver on the highway, as I see expressway traffic as a bit of a chessgame. In any event, Tesla would do a really great job, rarely making moves that were wrong.

But, there is a reason we are not at level 4 and only time, experience and processing power is going to get us there.
 
I certainly agree Tesla SFSD is truly phenomenol at what it does around the city. I tended to experiment with it around home - I like to be the driver on the highway, as I see expressway traffic as a bit of a chessgame. In any event, Tesla would do a really great job, rarely making moves that were wrong.

But, there is a reason we are not at level 4 and only time, experience and processing power is going to get us there.
THis has to be a geographic thing. I live in a somewhat smaller city and Tesla tried to auto park my in a Target cart return, and drive the wrong way down a street.
 
Complex urban environments? This is a single lane road that even an eight year old BMW could handle better when it loses sight of the road line.
What good are more cameras and hardware when it doesn’t work? I wonder how Air owners feel that bought their Air in 2022 with the promise it has the most advanced driver assistance suite on the road yet cars with less hardware perform better than it. And just like Gravity was promised hands free by end of year last year and here we are. New to the Lucid brand back in August so learning to extend promises by at least six to 12 months. We’ll probably see “point to point” end of 2027, not end of 2026.
Lucid has not falsely advertised what it is and does. It is clear in the literature for what it can do. It is also put out by them that they plan to improve to L2++. No use complaining about a feature that they clearly say what it is intended for and it does just that.
 
So mobile service just came to work on the car, he took my old key which had a button that fell off and replaced it with a new one. Now I'm having all sorts of damn issues with proximity unlock and lock. I don't know if he updated any of the software on the car but now I'm having all sorts of issues. I'm on the latest software for the car, and I also updated the fob after he left.

EDIT: Got lucky that the service tech is coming back right now to double check the car.
 
Last edited:
So mobile service just came to work on the car, he took my old key which had a button that fell off and replaced it with a new one. Now I'm having all sorts of damn issues with proximity unlock and lock. I don't know if he updated any of the software on the car but now I'm having all sorts of issues. I'm on the latest software for the car, and I also updated the fob after he left.

EDIT: Got lucky that the service tech is coming back right now to double check the car.
my proximity unlock/lock is completel f**** since the last update. both keys behave the same, both have the latest update and both have a new battery. it does not work at all and you know I wouldnt be too mad about this BUT the f**** buttons dont work either. I stand next to the car pressing the lock button for 20seconds until this things finally locks. they really need to fix this shit
 
My old key was perfect, I have no idea why this new key sucks so bad. I'm shocked.
 
Back
Top