Lucid Gravity 3.4.0 software update

So mobile service just came to work on the car, he took my old key which had a button that fell off and replaced it with a new one. Now I'm having all sorts of damn issues with proximity unlock and lock. I don't know if he updated any of the software on the car but now I'm having all sorts of issues. I'm on the latest software for the car, and I also updated the fob after he left.

EDIT: Got lucky that the service tech is coming back right now to double check the car.
I received a new fob recently during a mobile service visit; part of a service campaign.
The service tech told me the fob firmware had been updated already, so if your mobile service person did the same, you should not have needed to update the fob.

However, since you weren't told about a firmware update being done, doing so yourself completely makes sense.
Also, even if it had already been done, the process of checking the firmware version for possible updating should not affect the functionality of the fob.
 
The mobile tech is already back trying to figure out the problem. I'm lucky he was free.

The responsiveness was horrible. I'd stand there and spam the unlock button for 15 seconds before it would unlock.

Whatever it was the tech seems to have fixed it.
 
Last edited:
The mobile tech is already back trying to figure out the problem. I'm lucky he was free.

The responsiveness was horrible. I'd stand there and spam the unlock button for 15 seconds before it would unlock.

Whatever it was the tech seems to have fixed it.
I've had 2 of my key fobs replaced with new ones, although my old ones didn't have the key falling off problem. At least one of the new keys doesn't seem as reliable as the old (I'm too lazy to test the other one). Car and fobs on latest software/firmware:
  • Car won't lock sometimes when leaving
  • Car won't unlock when approaching and pressing unlock button does not work. Have had to resort to keycard.
  • Had the key not detected error, right after it unlocked the car for me. I even swapped the battery while sitting in the car with no response. After about a minute it started to work.
These errors are rather rare, but annoying.
 
I've had 2 of my key fobs replaced with new ones, although my old ones didn't have the key falling off problem. At least one of the new keys doesn't seem as reliable as the old (I'm too lazy to test the other one). Car and fobs on latest software/firmware:
  • Car won't lock sometimes when leaving
  • Car won't unlock when approaching and pressing unlock button does not work. Have had to resort to keycard.
  • Had the key not detected error, right after it unlocked the car for me. I even swapped the battery while sitting in the car with no response. After about a minute it started to work.
These errors are rather rare, but annoying.
This is the reason Lucid really needs to add a lock chirp confirmation like many other cars have. Hearing that chirp when walking away is really helpful and adds peace of mind to know it really locked.
 
So mobile service just came to work on the car, he took my old key which had a button that fell off and replaced it with a new one. Now I'm having all sorts of damn issues with proximity unlock and lock. I don't know if he updated any of the software on the car but now I'm having all sorts of issues. I'm on the latest software for the car, and I also updated the fob after he left.

EDIT: Got lucky that the service tech is coming back right now to double check the car.
They did that same kind of thing to me, left without even testing if the repair worked or if they even did all the repairs!!
 
Got my first "rear steer unavailable" warning today on 3.4.1. Anyone else had this ,hopefully, false alarm popping?
Yes, 2 times. And that was right afterI took it in to service for some other issues. It went away after I started driving
 
Last edited:
Yes, 2 times. And that was right afterI took it in to service for some other issues. It went away after I started driving
Is there any way to know if rear steer is actually working? I assume mine does but I don't know of there's a dash light or something showing that it actually is.
 
Is there any way to know if rear steer is actually working? I assume mine does but I don't know of there's a dash light or something showing that it actually is.
There is no indicator. Some people go high tech and record videos. I went low tech and I had my wife stick her head out the window while I did tight turns. Use the wheel fenders as frame of reference.
 
There is no indicator. Some people go high tech and record videos. I went low tech and I had my wife stick her head out the window while I did tight turns. Use the wheel fenders as frame of reference.
"This monitoring system should not be used during snow or rain, as it may cause significant noise inside the cabin."
 
3.4.0 was never released publicly. They started at 3.4.1
 
Got my first "rear steer unavailable" warning today on 3.4.1. Anyone else had this ,hopefully, false alarm popping?
Got it once as well. No apparent issue or change in drive, so I assumed as usual a false alert.
 
There is no indicator. Some people go high tech and record videos. I went low tech and I had my wife stick her head out the window while I did tight turns. Use the wheel fenders as frame of reference.
I have gotten the error too. Tried low tech to verify, and I could not visually see the 2 degree movement to the rear tires. When I asked service to look, they told me all systems were fine. It doesn't give me any confirmation or confidence that the rear wheels actually turns like advertised.
 
I have gotten the error too. Tried low tech to verify, and I could not visually see the 2 degree movement to the rear tires. When I asked service to look, they told me all systems were fine. It doesn't give me any confirmation or confidence that the rear wheels actually turns like advertised.
The vehicle has to be in motion for it to work. The first thing I tried to do, when I got the vehicle, was to turn the wheel end to end and get out of the car and see how much the rear wheels had turned. They hadn't turned. On my Cybertruck, you can turn the wheels while parked - and you also hear them scraping on the pavements they turn.
 
The vehicle has to be in motion for it to work. The first thing I tried to do, when I got the vehicle, was to turn the wheel end to end and get out of the car and see how much the rear wheels had turned. They hadn't turned. On my Cybertruck, you can turn the wheels while parked - and you also hear them scraping on the pavements they turn.
If you drive slowly in a full turn, then stop (or stop and park), do the rears stay turned?
 
Got my first "rear steer unavailable" warning today on 3.4.1. Anyone else had this ,hopefully, false alarm popping?
Mine has done this off and on since the beginning. Have probably seen it dozens of times by now and 3.4.1 didn't seem to affect the frequency of it. It was very common for me prior to 3.3.20, probably a few times a week, but still occurs here and there. I have a random theory because it only happens for me in the same conditions:
-Vehicle is parked on an incline at an angle (wheels not straight)
-Vehicle is backed into the garage and wheels had been turned at a very sharp angle in the final parking position

It makes me wonder if the issue has to do with how the rear wheels had been positioned when the car was parking/parked and then when it is waking up they aren't where it expects them to be for some reason and it throws an error. Total shot in the dark, no idea if it even makes sense, but the error always clears/self resolves at next sleep/wake cycle. And I've never once had it occur when the car is parked in a normal flat or straight-line kind of position.

I love the impossible seeming parking maneuvers this thing can pull off and there seems to be no mechanical problem so I'm sure they'll get it fixed with an update in one these releases.
 
About a month since the update and it’s official, my key fob is absolute trash. I’ve replaced the battery twice in the last two weeks and nothing. The buttons will work to unlock, lock, frunk and trunk but in the last week and a half, it will never unlock as I approach, lock as I walk away and never start the car. No key fob detected every time I get in. Always have to pull the key card out of my wallet to get the car into drive. Yippee
 
Back
Top