Lucid GPS

GopsandLuci

Cars
Air Grand Touring
Having GPS issues with Lucid - wondering if anyone else has experienced the following:
1) GPS direction warning coming very late, almost when the change is supposed to take place. Wondering if there is anything in the settings that can be changed? I use both Google Maps and Lucid GPS for directions.
2) Is Lucid navigation tailored towards the next charging station? Again - I'm using Google Maps to bypass Lucid's but struggling with the fact that there's no car play.
3) Lucid navigation has wrong speed limits - e.g. on a highway with 55mph posting, Lucid navigation showed 75mph

Having GPS issues with Lucid - wondering if anyone else has experienced the following:
1) GPS direction warning coming very late, almost when the change is supposed to take place. Wondering if there is anything in the settings that can be changed? I use both Google Maps and Lucid GPS for directions.
2) Is Lucid navigation tailored towards the next charging station? Again - I'm using Google Maps to bypass Lucid's but struggling with the fact that there's no car play.
3) Lucid navigation has wrong speed limits - e.g. on a highway with 55mph posting, Lucid navigation showed 75mph
1) no setting, unfortunately, but you can try using offline maps and see if that’s faster? I’m not sure.

2) if you navigate somewhere it will take range into account and suggest charging stations. Not sure what you mean by “tailored” to the next charging station, but it does add in charging if you need it.

3) lucid nav reads speed limit signs in real time; it isn’t perfect but will usually correct itself by the next speed limit sign it sees. It is not pre-programmed.

1) no setting, unfortunately, but you can try using offline maps and see if that’s faster? I’m not sure.

2) if you navigate somewhere it will take range into account and suggest charging stations. Not sure what you mean by “tailored” to the next charging station, but it does add in charging if you need it.

3) lucid nav reads speed limit signs in real time; it isn’t perfect but will usually correct itself by the next speed limit sign it sees. It is not pre-programmed.
Reading speed signs is a real challenge. I have had cars that do that for more than five years and have seen various challenges. My prior car didn't recognize school speed zones; my current car recognizes them but doesn't recognize that we have passed the zone. There is a reason these are considered "assist" functions.

Reading speed signs is a real challenge. I have had cars that do that for more than five years and have seen various challenges. My prior car didn't recognize school speed zones; my current car recognizes them but doesn't recognize that we have passed the zone. There is a reason these are considered "assist" functions.
This can also vary depending on how those signs are positioned. I find my Touring does a pretty good job at seeing posted signs on highways and major roads. The smaller, residential areas where it’s 25 (or even 20 in many places here in Boulder) it sometimes misses. Could be interference from surrounding trees or houses?

Fortunately I’m never using any form of assist in those places.

The thing I love about HA is when it detects a new speed limit, it gives you a little 10-second countdown. If you click the left rocker button before the countdown ends, it will gently adjust to that new limit. If not, it stays where you set it.

My Tesla would often just immediately go to the new speed limit without asking. Which could be quite jarring when the limit changes from 75 to 45.

In general, I’m finding Lucid’s HA far more smooth and relaxing than FSD. More like babysitting a slightly experienced teenaged driver than a first-time student.

Lucid Navigation adds Waypoints, so yes, it'll take you to a charging stations along your route.

When Charging Waypoints are routed, the Navigation display on the main screen continues to show only the final destination. I'd like to see BOTH the next Waypoint (if on exists) and on the next line the final destination information. I suppose the final destination arrival time could account (if it doesn't already) for estimated charging time, though that is a huge variable.

Agreed. It’s also gotten better; when I first got my DE, it would read every “truck” speed limit sign as a real one, and it was extremely annoying. That got fixed quickly, and now it’s correct 90-95% of the time.

I suspect it will continue to get better.

I think one fine day all the speed limit signs will also be electronic to control the traffic and also use 5g v2i vehicle to infrastructures to communicate. Till then, it is best for us to really pay attention to the posted traffic signs.

Has anyone experienced the app showing your car in a different location? I was at a hotel and checked my app to see if it was still in the parking ramp and the GPS showed it 11 miles away. I freaked out, ran to the ramp and it was happily sitting where I left it.

YES! I brought my Lucid to Florida via the auto train out of Lorton Virginia. In the morning when we arrived in Florida, I checked on the car with the app and it said it was in Savanah GA .. I kinda freaked out. The car of course was on the train, but even after rebooting twice and driving around the GPS had us in the forests of Georgia and was moving as we were .. just hundreds of miles away. The next day in FL it was still off, but the second day it was working correctly and been ok since.

In general, I’m finding Lucid’s HA far more smooth and relaxing than FSD. More like babysitting a slightly experienced teenaged driver than a first-time student.
I also find Lucid HA more refined than Rivian. Whenever there is a car next to neighbor lane that is close, Rivian will stop HA and advise take over. Lucid will just ease thru.

YES! I brought my Lucid to Florida via the auto train out of Lorton Virginia. In the morning when we arrived in Florida, I checked on the car with the app and it said it was in Savanah GA .. I kinda freaked out. The car of course was on the train, but even after rebooting twice and driving around the GPS had us in the forests of Georgia and was moving as we were .. just hundreds of miles away. The next day in FL it was still off, but the second day it was working correctly and been ok since.
There is definitely some GPS lag in server info. My car was parked in garage, but the mobile app indicated I was in Hooter backlot. My GT is very humerous, but it only happened once and hasn’t happened ever since then.

https://lucidowners.com/threads/ota-1-2-10.2260/post-56724

Back