Lucid-EA connection failure?

I recently charged at a revamped EA station without problems.
Is the new EA station is actually working, I have had no problem connecting. The issues now are stations which are unavailable (screen black and station down) or the power flow is low (e.g. 50 kW on a 150 kW charger)

I had the same issue but thank goodness never had to have it towed. It seems that the charging for EA only worked on the 350 kw chargers. They had my car for a week and charging worked for them at their device center and they could not find anything wrong. I have a home charger that has internet app capability and I have to unplug it and then plug it back in and plug my car in before the internet connects to get my car to charge. At this point I am very wary of charging on the road. Never had this issue with my Audi etron.

I had the same issue but thank goodness never had to have it towed. It seems that the charging for EA only worked on the 350 kw chargers. They had my car for a week and charging worked for them at their device center and they could not find anything wrong. I have a home charger that has internet app capability and I have to unplug it and then plug it back in and plug my car in before the internet connects to get my car to charge. At this point I am very wary of charging on the road. Never had this issue with my Audi etron.
For what it’s worth, I have yet to have an issue with EA that hasn’t been cured by simply picking a different charger. It’s always worked - also, chargepoint and evgo have worked for me 100% of the time, so there’s always that option. I wouldn’t be too wary of charging on a trip.

For what it’s worth, I have yet to have an issue with EA that hasn’t been cured by simply picking a different charger. It’s always worked - also, chargepoint and evgo have worked for me 100% of the time, so there’s always that option. I wouldn’t be too wary of charging on a trip.
To be fair the only site that has a 100% failure rate for me is my local EA, and I’ve got plenty of other options so I’ll never be stranded. The worst I’ve had happen on a road trip was a Chargepoint charger not working when I was out of nearby options but then I was able to use the one next to it when another driver left. The same happened at an EA site where 3/4 were broken. But because my local utility just doubled their delivery charges I’m trying to be economical and charge for free when I can. They’ve already made my solar system a near bust, as I get .31/kw and they charge 0.17/kw but they just doubled our delivery charges which are now another 0.11/kw, and right now in New England it’s the short cloudy days so I’m maybe making 400kw of energy a month and using 1300kw if I charge only at home. At my one work site we have 5kw Chargepoint chargers which is better than nothing, but the free 62kw Chargepoint near me has been broken for 2 months and they appear to have no plans to fix it. So it sucks that the free EA charging for 3 years for me isn’t panning out because I can’t use EA unless I drive 30 miles away to the ones at the outlets. But I have other inferior slow free options nearby so I’ll just complain a little and not a lot haha.

Has anyone had a problem getting their Lucid to charge at an EA charger due to Lucid not connecting with EA?

I was at an EA site, and 4 of 4 chargers had charge connection issues so that I got a “charging stopped” message and “charging session failure“ message from the EA chargers. This occurred usually a few seconds into the charging session. I called EA customer service, which reset the chargers remotely and also tried remote starting a charging session but the problem persisted. We tried for about 45 minutes to get one of the chargers to work but no dice. The EA rep noted that the chargers had been in use all day without any difficulty, and they showed a normal operating status. I then tried paying for a charging session with a credit card, but that didn’t work either.

In the meantime, a Rivian pulled up and used one of the chargers that I had tried without any difficulty. After the Rivian’s owner’s kid took lots of pictures of my Lucid, I drove to a nearby Chargepoint site and charged the car without any difficulty.

As 4 of 4 EA chargers didn’t work and the Rivian charged without a problem, I can only guess that the problem is with Lucid’s connection with EA. Has anyone experienced this?
Dear Lucid owners, It has been roughly 2.5 years now since this thread was started and Lucid owners are still having problems and getting the run around.
I finally took delivery of a new Air Touring on Jan. 17, 2023. I have attempted to charge at 2 different EA locations approximately 8 times and have yet to get it to work on the initial plug in. I have had to call either Lucid customer service and/or EA that eventually turns the charger on after 10-15 minutes of screwing around. My Lucid is going back to customer service in a week for a multitude of issues including the charging problems. One EA service person mentioned something about the vehicle needs registered and a certain code installed? Where? What? I have a home charger that works as advertised..

Has anyone had a problem getting their Lucid to charge at an EA charger due to Lucid not connecting with EA?

I was at an EA site, and 4 of 4 chargers had charge connection issues so that I got a “charging stopped” message and “charging session failure“ message from the EA chargers. This occurred usually a few seconds into the charging session. I called EA customer service, which reset the chargers remotely and also tried remote starting a charging session but the problem persisted. We tried for about 45 minutes to get one of the chargers to work but no dice. The EA rep noted that the chargers had been in use all day without any difficulty, and they showed a normal operating status. I then tried paying for a charging session with a credit card, but that didn’t work either.

In the meantime, a Rivian pulled up and used one of the chargers that I had tried without any difficulty. After the Rivian’s owner’s kid took lots of pictures of my Lucid, I drove to a nearby Chargepoint site and charged the car without any difficulty.

As 4 of 4 EA chargers didn’t work and the Rivian charged without a problem, I can only guess that the problem is with Lucid’s connection with EA. Has anyone experienced this?
All the time. I mean, ALL THE TIME. Yesterday between Atlanta and Jacksonville, I stopped at the Valdosta GA station. "Charging Stopped" on 4 stations. With only 1 station to left, it charged. If it had not charged, Lucid would have had to tow me AGAIN (that would make 3 times).

Dear Lucid owners, It has been roughly 2.5 years now since this thread was started and Lucid owners are still having problems and getting the run around.
I finally took delivery of a new Air Touring on Jan. 17, 2023. I have attempted to charge at 2 different EA locations approximately 8 times and have yet to get it to work on the initial plug in. I have had to call either Lucid customer service and/or EA that eventually turns the charger on after 10-15 minutes of screwing around. My Lucid is going back to customer service in a week for a multitude of issues including the charging problems. One EA service person mentioned something about the vehicle needs registered and a certain code installed? Where? What? I have a home charger that works as advertised..
Upon delivery, Lucid is supposed to activate your plug and charge certificate with EA (PnC), some people’s didn’t work, and have even been turned off after an OTA update. There’s many issues between Lucid and EA with fingers being pointed in both directions. If Lucid says your certificate is activated, I’m not certain how much more there is they can do. My car on the other hand, works 100% of the time now, I’ve had very few issues with PnC in Northern California.

All the time. I mean, ALL THE TIME. Yesterday between Atlanta and Jacksonville, I stopped at the Valdosta GA station. "Charging Stopped" on 4 stations. With only 1 station to left, it charged. If it had not charged, Lucid would have had to tow me AGAIN (that would make 3 times).

HI Chip! I saw the Autoweek story. Congratulations! I saw that you were still having very slow charging. In the article it sounds like a charge that should take minutes is taking your Lucid literally hours. What rate was that charge occurring at and at what kind of charger? I seem to recall it was at a Lucid studio? I find that the EA chargers can be variable in terms of the rates they feature and can be much slower than advertised. Is that still happening at all Level 3 chargers for you? Like how fast did it finally charge at Valdosta?

i’ve been thinking about your battery leakage issue that you brought up a while back and why you’re not getting the range that others have experienced. Have you looked to see if there is a mismatch between the kWh rate the charger says it’s delivering and the kWh rate the Lucid says it’s receiving? I wonder if that could explain why your battery appears to not be charging as well and you run out of charge that much faster. It’s common knowledge that the power delivered by the charger and the power received by the car aren’t equal resulting in charging inefficiencies.

I've found EA to be variable in performance. At the EA location nearest me (4 miles away). It chargers at a much lower rate than the 350Kw stated, ramps up to 150kw before settling down to 22kw. The next nearest EA location (10 miles) is rated at 150kw, but delivers a consistent 80kw. So I find myself waiting until below 20% SoC to recharge then charging to 95%. Seems EA is not at all consistent or reliable. The nearest location has been repaired twice in the past two months, but still isn't delivering as advertised. Very frustrating to have to spend so much effort just to charge.

Back