Lucid Connected Home Charging Station (LCHC) -- INSTALLATION WIRING !?!

salitems

Cars
Lucid Air 2024
Hi Lucid owners. I'm having an electrician install my new LCHC in my garage with 45' to the 800a electrical panel. I need to provide the materials, and the electrician will do the installation. (I've also pulled an electric permit here in northern, VA). I've read about every possible thread on this topic, and I still can't find a link or electrical supplier for the correct 2 AWG copper wire. The install manual implies the wire requires 3 conductors (one for L1, L2 and Ground), but I don't see any websites or links to purchase this sized wire. Have others just gone with a thinner (6 AWG or above) wire, or has anyone installed the recommended 2 AWG size? (I prefer to go with 2 AWG to get maximum charging capacity as well as the future 'generator' functionality in the event the power goes out in my home). Assuming some of you have figured this out, are there any suggestions on WHERE to purchase the wire or were the three conductors purchased separately and combined via conduit? Thanks in advance! -Mike

Hi Lucid owners. I'm having an electrician install my new LCHC in my garage with 45' to the 800a electrical panel. I need to provide the materials, and the electrician will do the installation. (I've also pulled an electric permit here in northern, VA). I've read about every possible thread on this topic, and I still can't find a link or electrical supplier for the correct 2 AWG copper wire. The install manual implies the wire requires 3 conductors (one for L1, L2 and Ground), but I don't see any websites or links to purchase this sized wire. Have others just gone with a thinner (6 AWG or above) wire, or has anyone installed the recommended 2 AWG size? (I prefer to go with 2 AWG to get maximum charging capacity as well as the future 'generator' functionality in the event the power goes out in my home). Assuming some of you have figured this out, are there any suggestions on WHERE to purchase the wire or were the three conductors purchased separately and combined via conduit? Thanks in advance! -Mike
They'll be three separate conductors and must be run in conduit of the appropriate size.
I'd highly recommend finding an electrician who will own the job, and source the correct wire and other materials themselves.

If you'd like I can DM you info for the electrician who did all of my recent work - I'm also in NoVA. I don't have the LCHCS, but he updated my panel and installed my 48A EVSE among other things. I'm confident he can source the proper solid copper 2AWG wire and do your install.

If you'd like I can DM you info for the electrician who did all of my recent work - I'm also in NoVA. I don't have the LCHCS, but he updated my panel and installed my 48A EVSE among other things. I'm confident he can source the proper solid copper 2AWG wire and do your install.
Thanks segbrk! Please DM me - I'm in Ashburn and would welcome an intro. Hope to see your Lucid in the wild!

They'll be three separate conductors and must be run in conduit of the appropriate size.
I'd highly recommend finding an electrician who will own the job, and source the correct wire and other materials themselves.
Many thanks DeaneG.

Back