Lucid CEO critiques other EV-SUVs

We used to be friends šŸ¤£

(I will NEVER get over the I6's appearance... it is among the ugliest modern cars, IMO. I would think twice about picking it over a Cybertruck, lol)
Okay, well, Iā€™ll just have to eat all this delicious sourdough myself I guessā€¦

(But itā€™s okay for you to hold wrong opinions; I respect that)

We thought the interior was too bland because of how monochrome it was (and the lack of "interesting" materials, which the Lucid masters), but it being monochrome certainly makes it feel airier. However, I can definitely see how somebody would prefer its interior over the GV60's (I agree with you, it's just a touch too gaudy... but at least itā€™s not i7 gaudy). As a bonus, it also has great rear legroom for the size!
This is why nobody can ever please anyone. When that one dude shows up here and is like ā€œthe linen/denim in the Air gave my elbow rugburnā€ I justā€¦ do not get it. At all. I could not love the materials inside the Air more lol.

The Ioniq 5 actually had fantastic interior design in our estimation, and she liked the lighter interior, leather, and so on. The recurrence of the pixel theme throughout the car gave it a bit of a ā€œfuturisticā€ and consistent / well thought through vibe.

And yes, the i7 and EQS were both a non-starter, no matter what some of the rest of this board will tell you. For us, the level of ā€œluxuryā€ could not surpass the absolute horrid interior looks and poor handling (in the EQS), in our opinion.

But thatā€™s the thing: itā€™s all opinions when it comes to *preferences*. Thatā€™s why I laugh out loud when someone shows up here and is all like ā€œIā€™ve put 80k miles on my two EVs, I know what Iā€™m talking about more than youā€ when discussing which one he/she *likes better*.

I like the motor whine. You donā€™t. Okay.
I like the materials. You donā€™t. Okay.
I donā€™t like the interior of your car. You do. Okay.
And so on.

Thatā€™s all fine. It has to be. Who cares? Iā€™m not the one driving your car and youā€™re not driving mine, lol.

Itā€™s an opinion. I donā€™t care how many miles youā€™ve driven. Iā€™m glad you enjoyed those miles. I enjoyed mine. Stop icking my yum and I wonā€™t ick yours. Go for a drive, lol.

Sometimes I think people buy cars only so they can develop opinions about them and espouse them to the world lol. If youā€™re talking about driving more than driving, youā€™d better be planning a race, or perhaps your incentives are slightly misaligned.

I wonder what your wife would think about the Gravity, as it has rear-wheel steering which may make up for the long wheelbase?
We wonder this too. She thinks itā€™s an absolutely beautiful vehicle. But she canā€™t buy it undriven (though weā€™d happily put a deposit down) - she needs to test the turning radius. I suspect the RWS will solve this completely for her (and me, tbh) - if it does, we very well may become a two-Lucid family. Weā€™re thinking about kids and while I hate big cars, she doesnā€™t *mind* them, and having at least one SUV seems like the right call.

That said, we both pretty much agree that the crossover is much more our style than a 7-seater.

Smaller the frontal area the harder it is to get low cd. I6 at 0.21 is low for a car of that size. Not sure of the reason for the double spoiler in the back. When Merkur did it in the mid-80s the stated reason was it lowered cd while also making the car less suseptible to cross winds.

If @HariK 's wife is like mine the RWD Standard GV60 would more than suffice šŸ« 

(Though annoyingly the nicer interior comes with the Advanced and, even more so, Performance trims)
My wife wanted heads up display, 360 camera as well as most range. So ioniq 5 rwd limited was the only choice for her. See the range she gets highway and local combination.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240711_165456_MyHyundai.webp
    Screenshot_20240711_165456_MyHyundai.webp
    42.4 KB · Views: 59
My wife preferred the Ioniq 5 Limited to the GV60. To each their own!
To clarify, my wife doesn't drive an EV yet. But she finds AWD EVs a bit too fast so I was suggesting a RWD

Yes, the problem with the I6 is it looks like someone designed a reasonable clay model of a car and then stepped on it. Somehow the factory just went along with the sadly squished and stretched out model.
Yes. Lot of people don't like the outside design.

Meanwhile in the last 2 weeks I've seen 2 Cybertrucks. It gives me the chills every time being so damn ugly.
So true,
Have seen one in my neighborhood.
One word...Ouch.
Ugly.
All the pictures anybody sees on the net, shot from most desirable angles, as usual, don't tell the truth how ugly the thing is.

Orā€¦.from a Texas rest area

Attachments

• A11D5B08-A619-4148-AE3E-20FC12A90E37.webp
    A11D5B08-A619-4148-AE3E-20FC12A90E37.webp
    321.6 KB · Views: 47
Ouch... you guys are absolutely TRASHING the Cybertruck! (okay, that was a terrible pun šŸ¤£)
Yes we are. Aztec (Pontiac) was waaay ahead of it's time.

Back