Lucid Air Sunshade, Glass Canopy — Now Available

Effective in reducing heat and, most importantly, the direct sun exposure to the top of my head. (NOTE: I did not apply any additional tint to my roof or front windshield, though all other windows are tinted.

The canopy shades are easy to install and remove. It comes with numerous clips in case the ones pre-applied to the 3 shades goes missing when you try to remove it. Custom fit makes it worth the price. Happy with the product.

In your case, does the back canopy shade sag? Someone else mentioned that.

Also, do you think the lining where the clip installs (between window and edging) will introduce gaps with repetitive removal and insertions over time? Or does it come out unnoticeable?

In your case, does the back canopy shade sag? Someone else mentioned that.

Also, do you think the lining where the clip installs (between window and edging) will introduce gaps with repetitive removal and insertions over time? Or does it come out unnoticeable?
Great questions, GMan. I went to my car to check on the items you asked:
1. No sagging. Tight fit for all 3 shades - perfect fit!
2. No concerns about introducing gaps with removal of the shades. There is a LUCID tag on each of the 3 shades. That is what I carefully grasp as I pull it away from one edge and then all the other edges easily come out.

Just installed mine. Took 5 minutes. EZPZ

Outside 112F, but I came back in after parked 30 minutes at shopping center with Sunshade roof and windshield cover without using remote climate, it’s more like 80-85F, very tolerable. I think this is great investment for Lucid leather upholstery.

569FFC63-9243-4123-85B6-762A2EC82BF6.jpeg
7EF6E799-2235-469E-8179-7F832CB0DF5A.jpeg
AF10BF25-BBFF-41C1-A7D5-E3DAA7776E47.jpeg

Thanks for the reviews. I was dithering, but since I have tix for the Thunder Over New Hampshire Air Show in early September and know the car will be sitting in the (hopefully) sun all day, I ordered them this morning. If these are similar to the Tesla shades that went in with clips, I know the toughest part is getting them back in the bag. One of my favorite "Quotable Quotes" from an old Reader's Digest was: "Maps give you directions to everything except how to refold them."

One of my favorite "Quotable Quotes" from an old Reader's Digest was: "Maps give you directions to everything except how to refold them."

Last night we were on mini road trip. My wife’s phone alarm went off. She said “space station is now visible to naked eye in our sky for 2 minutes. Hurry up to check it out!”

“I don’t see anything in windshield.”

“Darn! Those screen mesh, I cannot tell if that is airplane above us or space station.” said her after she reclined her seat.

“I can’t exit freeway, next one is 4 miles away. Just Google other people’s pictures.”

Last night we were on mini road trip. My wife’s phone alarm went off. She said “space station is now visible to naked eye in our sky for 2 minutes. Hurry up to check it out!”

“I don’t see anything in windshield.”

“Darn! Those screen mesh, I cannot tell if that is airplane above us or space station.” said her after she reclined her seat.

“I can’t exit freeway, next one is 4 miles away. Just Google other people’s pictures.”
@Tesla2.0 Be careful with posts life that. Some of the hot headed members here might NOW start accusing Lucid of inventing the mesh as part of a government conspiracy to cover up UFO sightings. 😎

@Tesla2.0 Be careful with posts life that. Some of the hot headed members here might NOW start accusing Lucid of inventing the mesh as part of a government conspiracy to cover up UFO sightings. 😎
Why do you have to put that energy into the world

Why do you have to put that energy into the world
Is that energy DC or AC? Oh, it is just steam and hot air. Can the Forum tap it? The Lucid Owners Forum Hot Air powered BEV fast chargers - Guaranteed to fast charge your Lucid whenever an OTA update is promised to come out, maybe comes out, does or does not come out or comes out to a random few.

Figured this needed it’s own thread. Looking forward to a user review before purchasing.

View attachment 13772

View attachment 13773
these are cool. I would hope that in the future (i.e. 2024+) they would use the electronically dimmable windows (https://www.motortrend.com/news/electrochromic-glass-gentex-boeing-dreamliner-future-tech/) that Boeing uses in the 787

That was actually in the plans for the original Dream Edition. Had to be cut for cost and practicality, unfortunately.
This was a big reason I went back and forth between the updated Taycan and my AGT.

You can get it custom done with smart tint, but I haven’t found too many shops reasonably priced to do the install.

After over a year of ownership, I never really got used to that stitching reflection on the windshield. I installed my sunshades today and I’ll be damned, no more stitch reflection! I was thinking that I may only use these on the summer, but I just may keep them on year round.

After over a year of ownership, I never really got used to that stitching reflection on the windshield. I installed my sunshades today and I’ll be damned, no more stitch reflection! I was thinking that I may only use these on the summer, but I just may keep them on year round.
Never mind, I guess I just caught it at the right time of day. Stiching reflection still shows. Oh well.

I received mine today. EZ to install and my wife loves them! I will keep them up all year.

Got mine but haven't installed yet.
Still waiting for SC to schedule a repair for my completely non-functional navigation.

Back