Lucid Air Sapphire goes UNDER 2 seconds plus UNDER 9 for the 1/4 mile!🙂

Not only that but expect these things free after they've been releasing disingenuous videos about the Air since they had their GT delivered.
What a bunch of european shills. Every european ive seen review the Lucid has been so horrendous. Somebody said that the model s had more legroom than the lucid and the lucid had a "insufficiently padded" bottom... what are you talking about? Did you switch up the cars and not realize it or something?

It's so annoying to see all the Lucid hate. If people just took 5 minutes to look at the history and the actual car, they wouldn't be like this.

Very nice score from Doug.

Very nice score from Doug.
Good score, but I do not understand some of the categories.

Practical: Everyday and trip usability of this car is immense with no changes to that from GT to Sapphire. Both cars have much more storage and much more interior space than a Model S (key components of practicalness).

Fun Factor and Handling: Seems biased again. The reviews on the handling as an M5 makes this markedly a step above. GT-P vs GT alone is a huge difference in handling and speed (eg. Fun Factor).

Value: You are getting four door luxury sedan with hypercar performance. This one seems like a fairly objective evaluation: What on the market gives you both OR What cost and how many cars would it take to replicate with the inconvenience of owning 2+ cars?

I will leave it to the new owners of the Sapphires to comment further.

His score has always been a bit of a mystery to me. But the videos are so fun, I don’t care.

He obviously loves the Sapphire, which is what matters most. And he managed to praise the Air in general while he was doing it.

I do wish he would do a Pure, as that’s a far more likely to be within reach for most of his audience.

Good score, but I do not understand some of the categories.

Practical: Everyday and trip usability of this car is immense with no changes to that from GT to Sapphire. Both cars have much more storage and much more interior space than a Model S (key components of practicalness).

Fun Factor and Handling: Seems biased again. The reviews on the handling as an M5 makes this markedly a step above. GT-P vs GT alone is a huge difference in handling and speed (eg. Fun Factor).

Value: You are getting four door luxury sedan with hypercar performance. This one seems like a fairly objective evaluation: What on the market gives you both OR What cost and how many cars would it take to replicate with the inconvenience of owning 2+ cars?

I will leave it to the new owners of the Sapphires to comment further.
I think for practical, he is thinking of only the hatchback. Agree he should factor the frunk and rear room.
From a drag racing perspective, this car has a trash value. From a track value, it is immense. It should have got the same value score as a DE.
Handling, I dont think he could fully evaluate. Maybe lucid can invite him to a track(and make him review the pure while he is at it..)

These videos provide exposure and this one was quite positive.
At work I score risks from a Regulatory perspective, my manufacturing colleagues may score some risks differently.
The point being Doug has his scoring approach and the cars are typically driven on the street (common denominator) so the score is the score.

Back