Lucid Air Sapphire Drag Race

Thanks for sharing.

I haven't been out of smooth mode and haven't floored it.
A couple of times when on an nearly empty expressway I look down and crikie am I going that fast?
First time I went to pass I pissed myself a bit.

I've found my limit with the vanilla GT thank you.

I haven't been out of smooth mode and haven't floored it.
A couple of times when on an nearly empty expressway I look down and crikie am I going that fast?
First time I went to pass I pissed myself a bit.

I've found my limit with the vanilla GT thank you.
I agree. I am normally a speed junkie, so to speak, used the "M" button on my BMW M5 quite a bit. I do not know the "why" to this, but I have only ever been out of "Smooth" mode to show someone the "warning". I never really find the need as the "Vanilla" mode has suited me just fine.

This video is all the evidence you need that Sapphire was a good idea for Lucid.

Otherwise, it would have been a drag race between the Bugatti and the Tesla. And that's it.

Lucid needs to be in these conversations. The brand benefits outweigh the costs of development. Not to mention, things they've learned during performance tweaking will find their way into GTs, Tourings, and even Pures eventually.

Beat both the Bugatti (2nd) and Plaid (DFL). Amazing video. Number at the proper track would be insane. Wonder if I should save up more and aim for the Sapphire

This video is all the evidence you need that Sapphire was a good idea for Lucid.

Otherwise, it would have been a drag race between the Bugatti and the Tesla. And that's it.

Lucid needs to be in these conversations. The brand benefits outweigh the costs of development. Not to mention, things they've learned during performance tweaking will find their way into GTs, Tourings, and even Pures eventually.
I agree that Lucid needs to be in these conversations. But at this point the Sapphire is not much more than Vaporware. Not so for the Plaid, Chiron, and Panigali. As an order holder waiting on a GT, I would rather have seen those development funds directed towards more service centers and getting the software out of the "beta" stage. I feel those things would keep me waiting instead of backing out.

Just watched the video (Len's Tweet .. Thanks @Firstto520 ) ..

Wow .. Now I want to upgrade my GT to a Sapphire!

btw, the video mentioned Michelins on the Sapphire? .. hmm?

I agree that Lucid needs to be in these conversations. But at this point the Sapphire is not much more than Vaporware. Not so for the Plaid, Chiron, and Panigali. As an order holder waiting on a GT, I would rather have seen those development funds directed towards more service centers and getting the software out of the "beta" stage. I feel those things would keep me waiting instead of backing out.
I don't think more money is going to fix their software. Mythical Man Month, and all that. They replaced the people they needed to on that team. At this point, spending more money isn't going to help. They just need to keep crunching.

Service centers are another matter. But it's a balancing act. And a bit of chicken and egg. If they don't sell enough cars, more service centers become moot. If they don't provide great service, they don't increase sales, either, though.

My guess is Sapphire's development had little effect on their service center deployment. I think the economy and the lower production this year had way more impact.

True. It's either being number 1st, or not. Very few people remember or care what's the 2nd or 3rd fastest car. For lot of folks with deep pocket, it's either be on top of the league, or no-go.

Lucid can now claim its technology enables longest range, fastest charge, and QUICKEST acceleration. This is golden for marketing.

Back