[Lucid Air Pure] To Dual or Not To Dual, that is the question

One vroom or Two vroom vrooms?

• Total voters
IMHO, they should combine Touring and Pure into one model and give everything we got for the hardware.

I really wish they could succeed. They should focus not only on their technologies but more on their business model as well. It's kind of crazy to think about 90% of their cars are going to be limited by software. Maybe they will open up a software upgrade at a price in the future? But I still honestly think that they can attract more customers if they show people the highest possible specs sheet upfront.

I was told that the motor is capable of producing 670 hp. I really don't understand the rationale behind limiting the attractiveness of their products but with no benefits of reducing the cost. It will only make them less competitive this way.
It is limited by the battery power. I dont think theyre software limiting.

I highly doubt it's limited by the battery. Pure has the same battery as Touring but with way less power.
Does it? Would be strange for Touring to have 425mi on 620hp while Pure AWD will have 410mi at 480hp if they had the exact same batteries.

Does it? Would be strange for Touring to have 425mi on 620hp while Pure AWD will have 410mi at 480hp if they had the exact same batteries.
Peter mentioned that Touring will be the most efficient model of the line which explained the range difference. I don't know how to explain the HP difference.

Peter mentioned that Touring will be the most efficient model of the line which explained the range difference. I don't know how to explain the HP difference.
Touring could also have the largest delta between real world driving and epa range since they’re quoting 4.6 or something for efficiency.

Touring could also have the largest delta between real world driving and epa range since they’re quoting 4.6 or something for efficiency.
They are quoting 4.62 mi/kWhr for Toruing and 4.61 mi/kWhr for GT. Since Touring is lighter with less batteries but lower voltage, I expect the Toruing delta to EPA to be similar to the GT. They quote the AWD Pure at 4.46mi/kWhr which does not make sense to me. I have not seen a good reason why Pure efficiency would be lower than Touring.

They are quoting 4.62 mi/kWhr for Toruing and 4.61 mi/kWhr for GT. Since Touring is lighter with less batteries but lower voltage, I expect the Toruing delta to EPA to be similar to the GT. They quote the AWD Pure at 4.46mi/kWhr which does not make sense to me. I have not seen a good reason why Pure efficiency would be lower than Touring.
My suspicion is that the EPA test for the Touring has a different configuration than the same for the Pure. Perhaps single motor vs two, as the most obvious factor. As consumer you do have some configuration options on the Touring besides paint and interior, including AWD/RWD, roof, and the Pro features.

My suspicion is that the EPA test for the Touring has a different configuration than the same for the Pure. Perhaps single motor vs two, as the most obvious factor. As consumer you do have some configuration options on the Touring besides paint and interior, including AWD/RWD, roof, and the Pro features.
Touring comes AWD only. Pure is the one with AWD/RWD options.
Is it because of the metal roof that decreases the Pure's ineffiencies? So if a Touring owner chooses a metal roof, does it drop from 425 miles to 410 miles EP! estimated?
Assuming that a Pure AWD and Touring with glass canopy has the same battery and same motors, which would not make sense if they didn't, the only difference between the Pure and Touring delivering this year is the glass canopy (since it states they were both tested with 19" wheels for their EPA estimated range.)

Is it because of the metal roof that decreases the Pure's ineffiencies? So if a Touring owner chooses a metal roof, does it drop from 425 miles to 410 miles EP! estimated?
Assuming that a Pure AWD and Touring with glass canopy has the same battery and same motors, which would not make sense if they didn't, the only difference between the Pure and Touring delivering this year is the glass canopy (since it states they were both tested with 19" wheels for their EPA estimated range.)
Guessing that it actually relates to the software limitations on the motors. Motors are most efficient when they’re running at full speed. Since the output of the Pure motors is being software limited, that would most likely be what is affecting efficiency.

Guessing that it actually relates to the software limitations on the motors. Motors are most efficient when they’re running at full speed. Since the output of the Pure motors is being software limited, that would most likely be what is affecting efficiency.
Software limiting output should always mean higher efficiency, unless the efficiency was also limited by redundancies which is lolwut

My guess is the metal roof vs glass roof on GT and Touring

So, we've now all seen the Pure introduction. Do we know: does the Pure have a power frunk? Does the Pure have window shades? What is the HP of the single motor version of the Pure?

Lots of sizzle, not much meat.
Looking for these to be answered as well.

Last edited:
Metal roof is lighter. how then the HP of the Pure is less by a lot compared to t
Touring version?

Back