Lucid Air Grand Touring Performance with 1,700 miles Just Auctioned for $99,500

That said, i'm not a fan of Taycan's back seat, so I am not in the market for one. But I have a friend who would pickup a Taycan over a Lucid anyday
Only time will tell, I suppose.

Agree that market is overall softer but disagree that this is Lucid's problem. This 2011 Ferrari Italia bid up to $156,500 with 29k miles. Clearly the demand for that car that is 12 years older with 28k more miles is higher than a virtually brand new Lucid AGT Perf.

There are just too many alternatives to the Lucid at this point to justify the prices they want. A lot of people would rather just pickup a Taycan over a Lucid even at the $100k price point. They sold 5k units just in Q1, outselling S and X combined and way more than Lucid.

That one in auction is Italian Evoluzion, only 50 ever made that year and is on Edmond quoted 360k, so 156k is ultra low too just like AGTP.

I don't think there's any way to sugar-coat this. If the auction result is representative of values generally (we already know the resale trend), I can't see any leasing company touching Lucids going forward. And lenders will require larger down payments, which will take some buyers out of the game. Add Tesla price cuts and Lucid is seriously squeezed --- look for the 7500 "rebate" not only to be extended, but more incentives to come, IHO

It would be interesting to see 1yr/2yr depreciation averages for EQS, Taycan, eTron GT etc...anyone have data?

I've always thought Saudi PIF would be there for the long haul, but I'm having doubts.

No knock on the car--I love it, as do so many on this site. But somehow the world at large is either oblivious or unconvinced

Wow. I wonder how much my Pure will sell if a GT sold for that amount.

I mean, it’s also entirely possible that you should sell the car private party without an auction. Especially since they announced the reserve, I imagine that’s part of why it hit at (or close to) the reserve.

I don't think there's any way to sugar-coat this. If the auction result is representative of values generally (we already know the resale trend), I can't see any leasing company touching Lucids going forward. And lenders will require larger down payments, which will take some buyers out of the game. Add Tesla price cuts and Lucid is seriously squeezed --- look for the 7500 "rebate" not only to be extended, but more incentives to come, IHO

It would be interesting to see 1yr/2yr depreciation averages for EQS, Taycan, eTron GT etc...anyone have data?

I've always thought Saudi PIF would be there for the long haul, but I'm having doubts.

No knock on the car--I love it, as do so many on this site. But somehow the world at large is either oblivious or unconvinced
The Taycan's have been holding in for now. At least in Southern California, they are in high demand. My friend would love nothing more for them to drop in price so he can pick one up. I remember when they first came out though the Turbos had massive discounts at the dealer. Then COVID stimulus hit and they haven't come down since. The demand for Taycan's are much higher than LUCID as you have many European/Porsche brand loyalists.

I mean, it’s also entirely possible that you should sell the car private party without an auction. Especially since they announced the reserve, I imagine that’s part of why it hit at (or close to) the reserve.
I recently sold a S63 Sedan on CarsandBids. I don't think I would've got a better price private party. It got a lot more exposure on CarsandBids than I would have gotten as local private party sale. It had a story to tell as it was high mileage and $150k+ of verfied service receipts. I felt the best way to tell the story was through CarsandBids.

Last week also sold a S63 Coupe to a local dealer because I knew they had demand for a S63 Coupe under warranty. I probably could've got a little more private party but not to the extent the 180k+ mile one couldve.

I think if I were to sell a Lucid and I wanted to sell it fast, guaranteed, and with decent exposure. CarsandBids wouldn't be a bad way to go, because it did get a lot of exposure/views. Also the seller or the person facilitating was Matt Farah who has an enormous reach in the car community. He knows a thing or two about car marketplaces. He felt the best outlet for this particular car was CarsandBids. Perhaps he wasnt interested in keeping a private party car listing up for a month waiting for the right buyer. He wanted a definite sale and this was his outlet and the clearing price.

Regarding EQS, they currently have a lot of lease specials. Like they are taking 20k+ off effectively with lease payments sub $500 if it is a demo, but still like ~$700 for brand new. The resale market for these will be interesting when all of these come off lease in 2-3 years. But the leasing market is also a hinderance for Lucid. You can get a more luxurious, better built car from a legacy manufacturer leased at 1/3 the price of a brand new Lucid. or 1/4...

Different speed class but for many buyers, the EQS is plenty fast for their needs. The Lucid is just priced off in an environment with stiff competition with more coming. The i7 sounds like a fantastic car just with questionable looks.

I can see all potential used car salesmen emerging here.
Who knew... :)

Still a great deal, but the real purchase price here is $104k after buyer's fee. That's much greater depreciation than my 2023 Lucid Air Touring with 2700 miles I sold for $105 (MSRP $113,000) or the 2020 Taycan 4S with 35,000 miles for $103,000 (MSRP $149,700). I'm keeping my current Touring for a while and putting miles on it. So far over 1000 miles in 2 weeks.

Back