Lucid Air Grand Touring Performance with 1,700 miles Just Auctioned for $99,500

Wait! This GTP even has PPF and 22” Michilen sports tire extra set?!?!???

WTH!!!! Must be rough economy…

Seller Notes​

There is a loan on this vehicle. Sale proceeds will be used to satisfy the loan and allow the seller to transfer the title to the winning bidder. Please contact the seller with any questions.

I don't know if the economy is the factor. Perhaps it just isn't the right car for the owner and they moved on. I think the car Out of Spec Dave bought didn't like the car and it was in the shop multiple times. He ended up getting something else, I forgot what.

Whoever spent close to $200k on the car probably just moved on. Perhaps he makes $200k a week so losing $100k is no big deal. He's not going to keep it if he aint driving it.

Wow this makes me want to cancel my touring order lol
$100k post tax for a touring seems maybe it's really worth $80k...
Perhaps lucid will drop price in next few months

No, if you go through the auction, it was sold with the owner's cooperation.
Of course cooperation, I also signed to my storage agreement, they have rights to represent me to sell content of my storage if I am delinquent on payment.

I don't know if the economy is the factor. Perhaps it just isn't the right car for the owner and they moved on. I think the car Out of Spec Dave bought didn't like the car and it was in the shop multiple times. He ended up getting something else, I forgot what.

Whoever spent close to $200k on the car probably just moved on. Perhaps he makes $200k a week so losing $100k is no big deal. He's not going to keep it if he aint driving it.
You would think if he makes 200k a week, but seller said there may be loan for this car. I don’t think seller knows everything about the car for the way he was videotaping the car. Sorry, you missed out a gianormous deal, buddy!

You would think if he makes 200k a week, but seller said there may be loan for this car. I don’t think seller knows everything about the car for the way he was videotaping the car. Sorry, you missed out a gianormous deal, buddy!
Not losing any sleep over it, there will be plenty opportunity to pick them up in this price range as more are available.

Not losing any sleep over it, there will be plenty opportunity to pick them up in this price range as more are available.
CarNBids never had Air go thru sale, this is finally one went thru 1 out of 3. Just ridiculous Reserve. I’ve seen most of GT are conducted at 108k to 120k range at other site. This GTP is such rarity. This makes me want to follow this storage account for future lookout.

CarNBids never had Air go thru sale, this is finally one went thru 1 out of 3. Just ridiculous Reserve. I’ve seen most of GT are conducted at 108k to 120k range at other site. This GTP is such rarity. This makes me want to follow this storage account for future lookout.
The Manheim value for this car is $95k

Just because other sellers are not willing to sell at market levels doesn't make this reserve crazy. It got a lot of exposure because the owner of that car storage is Matt Farrah who has over 1mm subscribers

Having a loan doesn’t mean they’re not wealthy; I have a loan, but only because my rate was 1.54%, which means it’s basically free money.

I would have had that 1.54% loan too, but my car was so delayed last year that interest rates had skyrocketed by the time it was ready and I just paid cash, unfortunately. I would have loved that free cash.

I would have had that 1.54% loan too, but my car was so delayed last year that interest rates had skyrocketed by the time it was ready and I just paid cash, unfortunately. I would have loved that free cash.
Yeah. I got really lucky. Got my loan in December 2021, got the car in January 2022, on day 43 or 44 lol after they extended it from 30 to 45 day expiration, so it worked out. That said, it was through BoA (with Lucid finance) so it would have probably worked out either way, but still.

Having a loan doesn’t mean they’re not wealthy; I have a loan, but only because my rate was 1.54%, which means it’s basically free money.
My point was the seller may not be car owner and far it to care. With 179k AGTP + 9k PPF + 7k 21” wheels, he approved the sale below 100k reserve. I wonder how much of loan can 99.5k settlement pay off? The owner most likely even owe money after turn that settlement to the bank loan. The deal is just too to ridiculous to make sense compare to all the other site’s recent AGT sales.

My point was the seller may not be car owner and far it to care. With 179k AGTP + 9k PPF + 7k 21” wheels, he approved the sale below 100k reserve. I wonder how much of loan can 99.5k settlement pay off? The owner most likely even owe money after turn that settlement to the bank loan. The deal is just too to ridiculous to make sense compare to all the other site’s recent AGT sales.
How much you owe has nothing to do with the resale price. I bought an X Plaid last year at $120k which would probably sell for < $100k now given a brand new one costs $105k. I'm pretty sure I still owe at least $100k+ on it but at a 1.3% interest rate. If I needed a different car or needed to get rid of it, it is what it is. You just payoff the difference

HIgh depreciation is common for luxury vehicles in the first year regardless of miles.

I just sold a 2020 S63 Coupe with 46k miles at trade in for $96k and it was $180k new. That car is considered to be very high depreciation but no where close to the amount of depreciation that AGT Perf experienced. There is clearly a lack of demand for the Lucid at higher price points

I just sold a 2020 S63 Coupe with 46k miles at trade in for $96k and it was $180k new. That car is considered to be very high depreciation but no where close to the amount of depreciation that AGT Perf experienced. There is clearly a lack of demand for the Lucid at higher price points
Let us wait for 2 more years and see if 2022 AGT sells for 75k.

There is clearly a lack of demand for the Lucid at higher price points
There is a lack of demand for *any* luxury car at higher price points right now. While we think about depreciation as relative, in terms of percentages, the actual issue is *absolute* cash outlay; finding someone to spend 100k in this market is infinitely easier than finding someone to spend 150k. Finding someone to spend 50k is even easier than that.

A year ago, finding someone to spend 150k was just as easy as finding someone to spend 100k now, if not easier.

It’s macro economics, not a statement of quality or desire.

Agree that market is overall softer but disagree that this is Lucid's problem. This 2011 Ferrari Italia bid up to $156,500 with 29k miles. Clearly the demand for that car that is 12 years older with 28k more miles is higher than a virtually brand new Lucid AGT Perf.

There are just too many alternatives to the Lucid at this point to justify the prices they want. A lot of people would rather just pickup a Taycan over a Lucid even at the $100k price point. They sold 5k units just in Q1, outselling S and X combined and way more than Lucid.

That said, i'm not a fan of Taycan's back seat, so I am not in the market for one. But I have a friend who would pickup a Taycan over a Lucid anyday

Back