Lucid Air Caught on Fire during Demo Day

Literally got stopped on a road in Iceland for an hour yesterday due to a Dacia Duster on fire that was burnt to a crisp. Have video to prove it.

These things are unfortunate but happen. I hope Lucid can investigate and improve as a result.

Yeah that’s clearly a pure in the picture, or is it a touring without glass roof and 19”? It also looks fathom blue which means it’s not a touring or GT. Here’s what’s also weird, in the Reddit post with the rear view photo of the vehicle when you zoom in, that one appears to have the silver cantrails consistent with touring or GT two tone, and not the car post fire picture which is without glass roof or two tone silver cantrails. WTF is going on here, is this some ChatGPT AI generated image? I could be wrong, that rear photo could just be the lights playing tricks and it’s the solid color roof. Maybe they had a Pure just for show but not test drive? I do remember @OutofSpecDave sat in one Pure at one of the Dream Ahead sites at a hotel.
I think the person who posted, posted pictures of several vehicles present at the demo. The first two were the one which had the incident.

I think the person who posted, posted pictures of several vehicles present at the demo. The first two were the one which had the incident.
Yeah I was confused because there’s another pic (not those two) from rear of the vehicle while it’s still on fire and when you zoom in it doesn’t look like the same car as it appears to have the two tone roof, but I think that could just be an artifact from the lighting. I was just being paranoid as I’d just listened to a podcast about how AI can fake images, etc haha.

Yeah the same thing happened in Atlanta, an ICE vehicle fire destroyed and entire overpass and part of the interstate, took forever to rebuild.

Literally this week in Iceland we ran into this. It was a Dacia Duster.

I’m sure my ICE friends will make hay of this when it gets around despite the fact that’s it’s much more likely that a gas powered vehicle will burst into flame due to a fuel delivery problem. Where did this happen?
I have no clue what caused it, but ICE fires are far more common. I worked on a number of PCFFF cases as well as ones related to design defects back when I did that sort of thing.

In 2013, Tesla made the news after three consecutive fires. I knew little about Tesla at the time, but knew in those particular cases that the fires were not due to defects. It's too early to say about the Lucid, but this happened before I confirmed my order and it didn't keep me from doing so.

With Tesla, it drove their stock price down to $120 ($8 after adjusting for splits) and it's what got me started both on investing in them, and EV ownership while looking into the product.

So not only didn't EV fires keep me from getting an EV, I ended up with one because of the fires. And ended up with more than enough money to buy a few Teslas and Lucids due to the overreaction.

I can't say that the Lucid fire made me more likely to buy one, but it's clearly not the traction battery, and doesn't appear to be somewhere that components subject to overheating would typically be. I'm sure that Lucid is on top of this, and there are independent experts who could help them if needed.

Dacia Duster
Never knew what that was so learned something new. Thank you!

"The Dacia Duster is a family of automobiles produced and marketed jointly by the French manufacturer Renault and its Romanian subsidiary Dacia since 2010. It is currently in its second generation, launched in the autumn of 2017. It is marketed as the Renault Duster in certain markets such as Latin America, Russia, Ukraine, Asia, the Middle East, South Africa, and New Zealand. The first generation was rebadged and restyled as the Nissan Terrano in CIS countries and India. It was introduced in March 2010, and is the third model of the Dacia brand based on the Logan platform, after the Sandero"

Never knew what that was so learned something new. Thank you!

"The Dacia Duster is a family of automobiles produced and marketed jointly by the French manufacturer Renault and its Romanian subsidiary Dacia since 2010. It is currently in its second generation, launched in the autumn of 2017. It is marketed as the Renault Duster in certain markets such as Latin America, Russia, Ukraine, Asia, the Middle East, South Africa, and New Zealand. The first generation was rebadged and restyled as the Nissan Terrano in CIS countries and India. It was introduced in March 2010, and is the third model of the Dacia brand based on the Logan platform, after the Sandero"

Here’s another little factoid from my middle school European history class (I had part of my childhood schooling in the UK) - “Dacia” was the Roman name given to what is now the country of Romania. Ancient Dacia also included parts of present-day Moldova, Serbia, Ukraine, Hungary and I believe, Bulgaria. So there you go!

Back