Lucid Air 2.8.9

After 2.8.9 our AC has gone wonky. Driver side pinned to 59 degrees 10 fan, everything else off. Buttons light but don't do anything. Anyone else?
I assume you've already tried a reset?
Also some issues "disappear" after an overnight "sleep". If it persists after that, I'd contact service.
 
Address sent to the car from Apple Maps show up to navigate to. If I click the address that shows up on the Home Screen, the map application loads but does not give directions. I have to send again. New to 2.8.9.

I use the send from Maps function a lot so I have seen it multiple times.
 
We parked and when we returned four hours later the AC was fine 🙄
200w (1).gif
 
Exactly why Lucid trumps Tesla every day.....most people dont need FSD...and when I hear " I prefer Tesla over Lucid because they have FSD" , I know they drank the koolaid.
I do not like tesla and I think lucid trumps tesla every day

that being said, i wish I had ANY hands free ADAS :( I do not like the fact that a base level ioniq 6 has hands free driving where i just need to touch the steering wheel randomly on even city streets and I can't used ADAS at all beyond adaptive cruise on major highways, nevermind other roads. I never had it working before but I saw other people in the thread have problems with ADAS/hands free since the 2.8.9 update so it may or may not be related. The people at lucid are nice enough; it's just a shame that no one seems to care enough to fix it :(

Other than that, I love the car though.
 
The hands free driving in my Dream works fine on the freeways locally. It doesn't work on our surface streets. Our GV60 hands free works everywhere and seems slightly smoother than the Lucid version. All of that said, I prefer to drive my cars and don't really find the hands free all that useful especially on surface streets with cross traffic and sometimes very unpredictable drivers around me. Call me old school but I can't really feel comfortable trusting a machine with my life no matter how good it is. No WAYMO for me.
 
The hands free driving in my Dream works fine on the freeways locally. It doesn't work on our surface streets. Our GV60 hands free works everywhere and seems slightly smoother than the Lucid version. All of that said, I prefer to drive my cars and don't really find the hands free all that useful especially on surface streets with cross traffic and sometimes very unpredictable drivers around me. Call me old school but I can't really feel comfortable trusting a machine with my life no matter how good it is. No WAYMO for me.
oh I agree overall...and trust me, the twisties and on ramps make the lucid so much fun and it rivals the taycan i used to have (plus better range and more practicality and slightly quicker...so all great stuff).

but my wife absolutely misses the drive on the 40mph side roads on the ioniq and putting the hands free on (much like your gv60 since I assume it's the same system). And for long drives, I absolutely miss it on the highways.
 
oh I agree overall...and trust me, the twisties and on ramps make the lucid so much fun and it rivals the taycan i used to have (plus better range and more practicality and slightly quicker...so all great stuff).

but my wife absolutely misses the drive on the 40mph side roads on the ioniq and putting the hands free on (much like your gv60 since I assume it's the same system). And for long drives, I absolutely miss it on the highways.
If you have DreamDrive pro and don’t have hands free, that’s a service issue.
 
If you have DreamDrive pro and don’t have hands free, that’s a service issue.
i know. and i've talked to Lucid HQ and Lucid service centre (who has now referred to me to another service centre....and i'm waiting on that call) and they don't know what to do or what's wrong.
 
I'm looking forward to many more updates to give my car that ' Halo' effect as soon as possible
 
I have noticed that the app shows my car as being offline frequently these days. I recall seeing this mentioned on the forum several times but I never paid much attention to it.
 
FWIW, I haven’t noticed any significant difference in regen after 2.8.9

‘22 AGT DreamDrive Pro on smooth mode
 
On 2.8.9 and no changes at all on our '23 Pure AWD with DDP. I always do a logo reset after an update, and I did have to do a second one when DDP inexplicably disengaged the first time I drove hands-free after installing, but that's it.

For the life of me, I can't understand how I can do updates time after time and never have any issues, while others report all sorts of crazy (and scary) things happening. Shouldn't software-driven glitches be an everyone or no one situation? Are people modifying the cars in some ways? I suppose some particular set of triggers, such as an uniquely unusual set of actions/adjustments or one or more faulty sensors, might explain it. The only other explanations I can come up with are more devious ones.
 
On 2.8.9 and no changes at all on our '23 Pure AWD with DDP. I always do a logo reset after an update, and I did have to do a second one when DDP inexplicably disengaged the first time I drove hands-free after installing, but that's it.

For the life of me, I can't understand how I can do updates time after time and never have any issues, while others report all sorts of crazy (and scary) things happening. Shouldn't software-driven glitches be an everyone or no one situation? Are people modifying the cars in some ways? I suppose some particular set of triggers, such as an uniquely unusual set of actions/adjustments or one or more faulty sensors, might explain it. The only other explanations I can come up with are more devious ones.
I highly suspect my TCU or antennas are faulty, as my issues seem to stem from not being able to establish or maintain a clean connection. So with the same software, you could be fine but I'm riddled with incessant random bugs every time I drive my car.
I did have service look at the TCU and they reset it because it did show fault codes but they are hesitant to replace it.
 
I highly suspect my TCU or antennas are faulty, as my issues seem to stem from not being able to establish or maintain a clean connection. So with the same software, you could be fine but I'm riddled with incessant random bugs every time I drive my car.
I did have service look at the TCU and they reset it because it did show fault codes but they are hesitant to replace it.

Makes sense. Have the problems persisted post reset? If so, I'm surprised that they are not willing to replace the TCU just in case.
 
On 2.8.9 and no changes at all on our '23 Pure AWD with DDP. I always do a logo reset after an update, and I did have to do a second one when DDP inexplicably disengaged the first time I drove hands-free after installing, but that's it.

For the life of me, I can't understand how I can do updates time after time and never have any issues, while others report all sorts of crazy (and scary) things happening. Shouldn't software-driven glitches be an everyone or no one situation? Are people modifying the cars in some ways? I suppose some particular set of triggers, such as a uniquely unusual set of actions/adjustments or one or more faulty sensors, might explain it. The only other explanations I can come up with are more devious ones.
Could just be various hardware changes we don’t know about. For example, Lucid used 3 different windshields in 3 years, meaning you have to put your EZ Pass in a different spot on each version depending which tint or windshield they used. It could be as simple as a different modem vendor for various production runs causing all these issues.
 
Is 2.8.9 still being deployed? I’m still on 2.8.5 and it usually doesn’t take this long to be part of the rollout.
 
Same situation with me. Still on 2.8.5 2025 Air Touring.
 
I've had the update for several days but lately seeing a lot of oddities. Not sure if it's 2.8.9. Audio doesn't stay with my last selection. Get out of car, get back on, something else is playing. Moves from my USB selection to Tidal, from Sirius XM to Tune In. Never happened before this update. Also, this AM lost parking view coming in to garage. Flashed an error on right hand screen. Turned car off and on and it was back. Nothing major, but a lot of concerning little things. Did a logo reset, but don't want to be doing that every day. Worse, had some Tesla owners over this weekend for a demo, and they were really impressed and thinking about a Lucid until it went wonky and I had to reset.

I either need a new cleaner version of the software or an Exorcist.
 
Back
Top