Lucid Air 2.8.9

Update is not good for DDPro. It kept on slowing down when passing by exits while on handsfree drive assists. Says slowing down for curve. It drops speed to 45 mph. We need update soon
 
. . . the regen hurt its efficiency.

I don't know why this keeps popping up. I know that Porsche limits regen in some circumstances, claiming it reduces efficiency, although in limited use cases. But the overwhelming consensus among engineering sources is that regenerative braking increases overall efficiency in EVs. (Porsche has also issued statements that they know their owners want their cars to retain the feel of ICE vehicles, and I suspect that their approach to regen is influenced by that.)

Tesla has used it from the get-go in order to increase range. And Lucid, which is absolutely obsessed with efficiency, uses it exactly as Tesla does.

Someone needs to explain to me what they know about regenerative braking hurting efficiency that Tesla and Lucid engineers have somehow missed.

(That last sentence was rhetorical. It's been hashed out to death on other threads here.)
 
I've noticed no change in regen in my car, but it's also colder out, so I do have restricted regen due to the weather. The one thing I noticed last night is the auto-high beams didn't quite work. Stayed on while another car drove past me (and of course it was a cop, sorry fella).
 
The software update took 45 minutes to install this early morning.
My car has the CCCv2 upgrade; I have noticed the F.P.S. (Frames per second) displayed within the instrument cluster for the mirror camera's FPS and the Center Console 360 camera's FPS increase. This results in a more fluid video feed being displayed.

My miles per kWh is partially more ROBUST too! Mix of city, highway, and express way in which GPS speed never exceeded 70 MPH.

View attachment 33778
View attachment 33780
Glad to see another GT-P owner getting the same mi/kWh 😂
 
I'm not sure if it happened in this update, but I noticed last night that the bluetooth delay is much better now. I was watching the game on the phone while charging and the audio delay was minimal, when previously, it was several seconds off.
 
I've noticed no change in regen in my car, but it's also colder out, so I do have restricted regen due to the weather. The one thing I noticed last night is the auto-high beams didn't quite work. Stayed on while another car drove past me (and of course it was a cop, sorry fella).
Same here. Highway driving last night with the auto highlights on and following a car with clear, bright tail lights. My highlights kept going on, off, on, off rapidly for long periods of time, also made worse during a long turn. I was real worried that the car in front of me would think it was road rage. It took awhile to figure out how to turn auto brights off, and the only way to do it was to force them on first, which didn't help the situation either.

I didn't really notice a change in the single pedal regen - I'll look out for it next time. But are people so sure that using the brake pedal doesn't activate additional regen? Maybe the issue is that full regen isn't as efficient as a partial regen, that seems perfectly reasonable. So maybe coasting now engages the most efficient level of regen, but not max. Then pressing the brake pedal progressively harder only increases the amount of regen until regen is maxed out, after which the brakes themselves start to engage to supplement max regen as needed. That seems closer to how hybrids and EVs with 2 pedal driving function, as I understand it
 
i seem to be one of the few who has actually had a few issues; timing coincidence versus over Robustness post updates? I cannot truly say
Collision interventions are more abrupt and moreeasily triggered. Leaving my garage, the same way as always this morning and the car braked hard and I had to accelerate as prompted to disengage the feature. My position was no different from typical, I was not on track to collide with the sides of the garage gate. Yesterday in the parking lot, while backing out, a car I could clearly see was creeping forward but waiting on me to complete my maneuver and was a safe distance away. My Air abruptly stopped. The gentleman waved me through to continue. I accelerated gently and it again hard braked. I have activated the system before but while in really close proximity to an object and kind of expected. These situations however were new to my experience. Also, for the first time after the update, my android connection went bonkers, and I needed a soft reset.
Maybe I should remain a floppy noodle instead of becoming Hulk from all these "robust" updates
 
Update is not good for DDPro. It kept on slowing down when passing by exits while on handsfree drive assists. Says slowing down for curve. It drops speed to 45 mph. We need update soon
This seems to be unique to you; you should call service to check it out. I haven’t seen anybody else report it.
 
I'll be giving my DDP a good workout when I go to pick up the new dog this weekend (10 hr RT). I will report back.
 
This seems to be unique to you; you should call service to check it out. I haven’t seen anybody else report it.
I noticed it as well yesterday driving to Philly on I-295. My speed would decrease by 3-4 mph and then pick up again once we were where the dotted line began demarking the exit. It seemed to me that the car was baffled by the open space created by the lane opening before the line began. I also noticed the car slowed as well when it sensed a car in the lane next to me creeping closer. That was new to me. It still seems to be afraid of shadows. Maybe it is just because Halloween is near.
 
So against my better judgement I went ahead and installed 2.8.9 this morning...
I've been installing updates as soon as they were available since 2022 and have never wished I'd waited. I think spending time on this forum sparks unnecessary worry.
 
2.8.9 has made no difference in my 2023 Air Touring. Everything works just fine and I don't feel or see anything substantially different.
Ditto ... regen was the same, others are reporting a "difference". I suggest a reboot.
 
I just ran some errands, if there's a difference in regen, it's subtle, maybe only at lower speeds. Also, my mobile phone key seems to be working flawlessly now, and android audio started up right away every time I got near the car.
 
I've been installing updates as soon as they were available since 2022 and have never wished I'd waited. I think spending time on this forum sparks unnecessary worry.
It wasn't this forum. I had an update that bricked my car. It looked like it was going to have to be towed to the SC, but CS came up with some voodoo to bring the car back to life so they could push the update again. That one worked, but I've been nervous about OTAs ever since. Any excuse to delay...
 
I have noticed the change in regen not sure it was 2.8.7 or 2.8.9, I got it pretty much back-to-back.. The regen isn't as much as it used to be. With strong setting, I could drive without break for the whole trip earlier, but I have to use some break now at every stop.

No change in mobile key performance. It still works flawlessly when I don't want it to open, and never does when I want it to. I am pretty sure it reads my mind somehow.
 
Oh, btw, spent more time with the hands-free recently.. and it works VERY well for me. No change on that with the latest update.
 
We installed the 2.8.9 update on our 3 week old 2026 GT Air and I cannot say we noticed any major changes. We have noticed no delays in any functionality or selections, no issues with braking or Dream Drive. We did notice that the car automatically resolved a bicycle rider as noted in another post, it slowed and then the right side waring was issued and then the car moved slightly to the left and accelerated back to the selected speed. Besides that the car has performed flawlessly.

When my wife's Cadillac had some mechanical issues in the early summer she started looking at different EVs. She wanted a sedan, US based and a service oriented company. We started focusing on Lucid and in September we went to a Lucid "pop-up" at the Sommerset Collection Mall in south-east Michigan outside of Detroit. She was so happy with the fit and finish and how ell the vehicle performed that we ordered our car the following week.
 
Back
Top