Lucid Air 2.8.9

Reading and counting all the response in this thread from other owners confirms my HIGH REGEN mode deceleration observation for 2.8.7. and onwards are TRUE for MANY.

I've made two post in the links below about the high regenerative changes since 2.8.7 . I have CCCv2 FWIW.

The maximum regenerative stopping forces are NOT Weaker.

What has changed is the forces applied at the INITIAL accelerator pedal liftoff before you would get all the liftoff forces at the moment you lift off the accelerator. [Applicable on Software Pre : 2.8.7]

For 2.8.7. onward, it ramps up the regenerative stopping forces once your foot is lifting off. It does apply the FULL OLD immediate forces that stop the car in 9.3 seconds from lift off.

You can find the experiments done by another owner via this post: Standard Regen and High Regen mode experiments.

The initial ramp up of regenerative stopping forces allows you to achieve better miles per kWh as it allows the vehicle to regenerate charge over a longer period of time.

Does it take more time to stop? YES. The full forces being applied overtime from accelerator liftoff are not the same as before.

This is probably why some owners have to use their friction brakes; as the stopping forces applied over the same amount of time they were use to earlier has changed.

Links To Post :
•2.8.7. Regen updates
•
2.8.7 Regen Results with G.T.P.
 
Last edited:
Reading and counting all the response in this thread from other owners confirms my HIGH REGEN mode deceleration observation for 2.8.7. and onwards are TRUE for MANY.

I've made two post in the links below about the high regenerative changes since 2.8.7 . I have CCCv2 FWIW.

The maximum regenerative stopping forces are NOT Weaker.

What has changed is the forces applied at the INITIAL accelerator pedal liftoff before you would get all the liftoff forces at the moment you lift off the accelerator. [Applicable on Software Pre : 2.8.7]

For 2.8.7. onward, it ramps up the regenerative stopping forces once your foot is lifting off. It does apply the FULL OLD immediate forces that stop the car in 9.3 seconds from lift off.

You can find the experiments done by another owner via this post: Standard Regen and High Regen mode experiments.

The initial ramp up of regenerative stopping forces allows you to achieve better miles per kWh as it allows the vehicle to regenerate charge over a longer period of time.

Does it take more time to stop? YES. The full forces being applied overtime from accelerator liftoff are not the same as before.

This is probably why some owners have to use their friction brakes; as the stopping forces applied over the same amount of time they were use to earlier has changed.

Links To Post :
•2.8.7. Regen updates
•
2.8.7 Regen Results with G.T.P.
Well said. This description aligns exceptionally well what I am experiencing with my vehicle. Objectively, it's not a bad thing, and I trust Lucid engineers' judgment (if indeed it was an intentional change). Thank you for sharing.
 
The needle animation is so much smoother!! I hated that it was so bouncy it was distracting!

Lucid killed it on this update this is nice. Brake hold is way less aggressive too.
Have to try it now but totally agree about the needle animation. It's so big for nothing (I would have preferred a nav map instead) that I always arm cruise control and monitor my brake light on car icon when I slowdown without actually braking for people behind me. I remarked a lot of EV with OPD that the brake lights are flashing just for nothing in traffic because they removed their foot from the "go pedal" and then press it again like a continuous stop and go and that's annoyed me.
 
Have to try it now but totally agree about the needle animation. It's so big for nothing (I would have preferred a nav map instead) that I always arm cruise control and monitor my brake light on car icon when I slowdown without actually braking for people behind me. I remarked a lot of EV with OPD that the brake lights are flashing just for nothing in traffic because they removed their foot from the "go pedal" and then press it again like a continuous stop and go and that's annoyed me.
i think we would get along.
 
No issues with either recent version. Only thing I noticed is that when I descend from my 4,500ft mountain the miles per kwh sits at max of 6.21 for a while, but for the last 1,000 feet of elevation loss, the m per kwh screen shows 0.00. That's no big deal to me. But no difference detected in the behavior of the vehicle otherwise.
What are your miles per kwh when you drive back up your mountain?
 
2.8.9 glitch? I've only used the charger in my garage a couple of times, but there were no issues. Charge limit set to 24A (5kW) as I'm using the outlet for my dryer. Started charge this morning and it ramped past 5Kw on the screen and then stopped charging. This repeated multiple times. I toggled the charge limit above and then back to 24A. Now it's working normal, ramping to 5Kw and holding.
 
Slight modification to my previous "no changes noted" comment. After driving 50 miles today I have noticed a slight reduction in regen and slower activation of full regen with rapid pedal-off. I live in steep country and preferred the higher regen. I'd go weeks without touching the brake and had to do it several times today. Just adjusting my anticipation time for stops now. Not a big deal.
Same here the more I drive. I do appear to perceive less of a pull back from regen on smooth than before.
 
2.8.9 glitch? I've only used the charger in my garage a couple of times, but there were no issues. Charge limit set to 24A (5kW) as I'm using the outlet for my dryer. Started charge this morning and it ramped past 5Kw on the screen and then stopped charging. This repeated multiple times. I toggled the charge limit above and then back to 24A. Now it's working normal, ramping to 5Kw and holding.
my scheduled charging this morning also stopped abruptly. I reinitiated it manually by waking up the vehicle and it completed without further issues.
 
No issues for me other than the occasional "Regen reduced" notification that promptly goes away and that CS says is a known bug.
 
Any navigation blips? Mine thinks I'm somewhere in Upstate NY since 2.8.9. A local 5-mile destination becomes a 240-mile trip from up north. Any ideas?
 
No issues for me other than the occasional "Regen reduced" notification that promptly goes away and that CS says is a known bug.

Ok see today I also got some error messaging too but I thought it said something about cruise control not working and stability. It flashed so fast I couldn’t see exactly what it was.
 
What are your miles per kwh when you drive back up your mountain?
Well, today was a good test of DD Pro enhancements that have evolved from "jerky" to velvet smooth lane-keeping and not trying to get all confused at off-ramps. Good on all counts. I used to grab the wheel and "hang on for dear life" as the car couldn't decide how to handle it. Today I felt nothing more than an occasional niggle at an off-ramp, and wouldn't have noticed unless I was looking for it. Back to your question... I left my mountain from 9,000 feet to 5,000-ish feet. Drove around at that elevation for about 80 miles at speeds between some stop & go to 75mph. Most of it was highway with averaging around 60-65. Temperature averaged about 50 degrees F. When business was completed I climbed back up the mountain to my driveway which is at 9,030 feet. Total trip came to 4.35 miles per kwh on a 97 mile day total. After today, I'm convinced that ultimate regen has been reduced. Yes, it now has smoother onset, but ultimate regen is a bit less. The car does not slow down as fast as it used to. While I miss the higher deceleration, I'm pretty sure it's a good thing for battery life. Rechargeable deep-cycle batteries (of any chemistry) can safely discharge much faster than they should receive energy. You can easily force them to take excess power, but it's not healthy for them in the long term. I'm guessing that Lucid is engaging in some battery-life work here. The rate this 5,200lb car used to slow down translates to many many kilowatts. I haven't done the math, but I'm sure it's more than the 350kw this car is certified to take from a charging station.
 
Same here the more I drive. I do appear to perceive less of a pull back from regen on smooth than before.
Well... I'm now convinced that (despite what some people say) ultimate regen is reduced a bit even after soft engagement. I'm okay with this, since I think the old setting was probably too aggressive and was surging too much energy back in to the battery at speed. I'm certain that it was more than the 350kw the car is designed to receive from a charging station. I'm okay with the change if it's going to help ultimate battery health. I'll just plan my stops a little farther out.
 
Confirmed with multiple YouTube videos that the audio/video lag issue appears to be solved!

Also, as of .5 or .7 CarPlay connects reliably. Before, I had an iOS automation that would force a connection to CarPlay if it detected Bluetooth connection to a Lucid.

- T
Can you please elaborate on how you have setup this?
 
Still haven’t received 2.8.9. And luckily never received 2.8.7. Still on 2.8.5.
 
I had a new one today. When I got in the car, it was rebooting--blank screens quickly booted up once I was in the car. I went to run an errand with the dog. Creature comfort engaged, shopped for 10 mins. When I was driving home, I noticed regen had been set to "off" in all modes. It was VERY noticeable while driving, so I'm sure this is the first time this has happened. No big deal, and prolly not even related to 2.8.9.

Everything continues to work beautifully in the car. It's really a pleasure to drive. My dog agrees.
 
I had a new one today. When I got in the car, it was rebooting--blank screens quickly booted up once I was in the car. I went to run an errand with the dog. Creature comfort engaged, shopped for 10 mins. When I was driving home, I noticed regen had been set to "off" in all modes. It was VERY noticeable while driving, so I'm sure this is the first time this has happened. No big deal, and prolly not even related to 2.8.9.

Everything continues to work beautifully in the car. It's really a pleasure to drive. My dog agrees.
How often do you let your dog drive!!?? 🤣

Guess your DDPro is really working well...
 
Back
Top