Regen levels across all driving modes

Adnillien

Referral Code K9WIJHB0
Verified Owner
Cars
Lucid GT
Referral Code
K9WIJHB0
I have seen a lot of people write about how regen is different in the different driving modes Smooth, Swift and Sprint. I have never been able to feel or sense an difference. Since many smart forum members say there is a difference, I decided to test it out. I found a level road and measured the time it took the car to decelerate from 50 MHP to a stop in each mode with both high and standard regeneration. I did this 3 times on each setting and then averaged the results.

SettingSeconds
Smooth Standard Regen11.0
Swift Standard Regen18.0
Sprint Standard Regen17.7
Smooth High Regen9.3
Swift High Regen9.3
Sprint High Regen9.3

Since I always drive with high regen, it is clear why I did not sense any difference across driving modes. High regen is the same across all drive modes. However, standard regen shows there is a big difference between Smooth mode and Swift/Sprint modes. I believe that the small difference between Swift and Sprint with standard regen is measurement error.

Conclusion is that if you want the least regen, use standard regen and Swift or Sprint Mode. A moderate amount of regen is available using standard regen in Smooth mode. For maximum regen, just set high regen and use any driving mode.

A lot of runs here for one person.
Thanks for taking the time to do this.
Very helpful and informative.

A lot of runs here for one person.
Thanks for taking the time to do this.
Very helpful and informative.
It was actually kind of fun. Although I did not time it, I did not spend much time getting up to 50MPH. I spent more time trying to stabilize the speed at 50 than it took to get to 50. Almost 11 months in and still looking for excuses to drive.

Interesting info.

It would be nice if we could have sliders to personally tune the regen and suspension.

Interesting info.

It would be nice if we could have sliders to personally tune the regen and suspension.
The AMG EQS has regen paddles on the steering wheel. AT first, I thought that they were unnecessary but have learned to like them. Very easy to tailor regen on the fly.

The AMG EQS has regen paddles on the steering wheel. AT first, I thought that they were unnecessary but have learned to like them. Very easy to tailor regen on the fly.
Upon starting, EQS automatically defaults to normal regen , which is really minimal, so the paddles are really nice to have.

I have seen a lot of people write about how regen is different in the different driving modes Smooth, Swift and Sprint. I have never been able to feel or sense an difference. Since many smart forum members say there is a difference, I decided to test it out. I found a level road and measured the time it took the car to decelerate from 50 MHP to a stop in each mode with both high and standard regeneration. I did this 3 times on each setting and then averaged the results.

SettingSeconds
Smooth Standard Regen11.0
Swift Standard Regen18.0
Sprint Standard Regen17.7
Smooth High Regen9.3
Swift High Regen9.3
Sprint High Regen9.3

Since I always drive with high regen, it is clear why I did not sense any difference across driving modes. High regen is the same across all drive modes. However, standard regen shows there is a big difference between Smooth mode and Swift/Sprint modes. I believe that the small difference between Swift and Sprint with standard regen is measurement error.

Conclusion is that if you want the least regen, use standard regen and Swift or Sprint Mode. A moderate amount of regen is available using standard regen in Smooth mode. For maximum regen, just set high regen and use any driving mode.
This is good information. I tried the high regen on sprint drive hoping to get a similar experience as smooth standard regen which never happened. Now, I know why.

Back