Lucid’s opportunity to create brand ambassadors

I have one thing that has to happen before I could ever recommend Lucid to anyone other than wealthy buyers that can use the car for fun only and have spare cars to use if problems occur.
Improved service response and Lucid loaners when it needs to be serviced. I have had the car for 4 months and put 1600 miles on it. I have had almost zero operational isssues and only a few minor fit and finish issues.
That being said Lucid has scheduled my car to be either worked on by a traveling tech or to be picked up and taken to the South Florida service center. All 3 times nothing happened. No communication. I eventually call and they schedule again. I now believe the only way I can get anything done is drive 300 miles to the service center and get a hotel to avoid having to drive 10+ hours to get home in a rental. This type of issue has to be solved before Lucid can sell cars anywhere that they don’t have service centers.
Yeah, the service process is really odd. I'm used to Tesla where you book your service appt on the app and can then view your service communications that are associated. With Lucid using text only, I've reached out twice to schedule minor service that required a visit to the service center and was told each time that they'd have the service advisor contact me to arrange and then no follow-up received. Strange!

I am extremely satisfied with my Air Touring and have had several people ask about it at charging stations or when I park the car. I am always happy to tell them about it and let them take a look. I spent 15 minutes discussing my Air at an EA charging station last week with a Kia owner that was charging his plug in hybrid Kona. He had never heard of Lucid and was very excited about the car. I would be happy to be a brand ambassador as I believe in the brand and the future of the brand.

I am extremely satisfied with my Air Touring and have had several people ask about it at charging stations or when I park the car. I am always happy to tell them about it and let them take a look. I spent 15 minutes discussing my Air at an EA charging station last week with a Kia owner that was charging his plug in hybrid Kona. He had never heard of Lucid and was very excited about the car. I would be happy to be a brand ambassador as I believe in the brand and the future of the brand.
I parked at a local Wal-Mart in Arizona and when I got out of my AGT, a nice guy said "That car is beautiful. Is that a GM or a Ford?" I said "Its a Lucid. American. Made in Arizona." He was very surprised. There is a lot of room to get there word out...

However, given the current charging infrastructure, I will not refer anyone without a garage or access to L2 charger at night to buy any EV.

I agree with this, except for a Tesla whose Supercharger network is very nailed down. On the other hand, there are many other reasons not to recommend a Tesla (and we're on our second one).

Better yet, attach one (minus the batteries, motors, etc.) to a big white balloon and suspend it a few hundred feet in the air with a big sign on it that says "NOT made in China". That should garner a bit a free press. ;)

Motor Trend Car of the Year.

Rave reviews of the car itself (software and charging issues aside) from almost all the heavy hitters on YouTube and in print media.

Winner of the Goodwood Speed Festival Hill Climb.

Confirmed by every tester to have the longest range in real-world driving of any EV on the road today.

Performance and handling that blows even "Top Gear's" legendary "Stig" away.

Yet sales still struggling . . . .

Lucid has been hit by almost every whammy one can imagine: Covid-19 production disruptions, breakout inflation, general decline in car sales, interminable software gremlins, a CCS charging infrastructure that is letting everyone down. And only one of these has been Lucid's fault in any way.

It is all so depressing. I've had a lot of cars I've liked over the years, but I've always felt that if they disappeared from the market I could find something else equally or even more satisfying. The Lucid is the first car I've ever owned that I felt could not be replaced with another car with the same superb balance of performance, handling, luxury, comfort, and build quality.

God, I hope this company can hang in there until the stars come into better alignment. There is no other car on the road I find nearly as appealing.

Motor Trend Car of the Year.

Rave reviews of the car itself (software and charging issues aside) from almost all the heavy hitters on YouTube and in print media.

Winner of the Goodwood Speed Festival Hill Climb.

Confirmed by every tester to have the longest range in real-world driving of any EV on the road today.

Performance and handling that blows even "Top Gear's" legendary "Stig" away.

Yet sales still struggling . . . .

Lucid has been hit by almost every whammy one can imagine: Covid-19 production disruptions, breakout inflation, general decline in car sales, interminable software gremlins, a CCS charging infrastructure that is letting everyone down. And only one of these has been Lucid's fault in any way.

It is all so depressing. I've had a lot of cars I've liked over the years, but I've always felt that if they disappeared from the market I could find something else equally or even more satisfying. The Lucid is the first car I've ever owned that I felt could not be replaced with another car with the same superb balance of performance, handling, luxury, comfort, and build quality.

God, I hope this company can hang in there until the stars come into better alignment. There is no other car on the road I find nearly as appealing.
Well said. I love Lucid and am rooting for their success. And regarding a referral program, Lucid does have one, they just haven’t reached out to everyone yet. I think we all have to face a bit of reality that not many people want to drive sedans anymore, but are willing to pay lots of $ for SUV and trucks, so the sooner Gravity and cheaper trim versions of it can come out the better.

What I will also say is having been able to have a few conversations with a few people inside the company, Lucid really does deserve the benefit of the doubt. This car is engineered with staggering attention to detail, down to requiring suppliers to custom build things that had never been done before within milimeter specifications. It’s almost like the space program. That level of customization and precision can result in revisions and difficulties downstream, as Lucid is literally going where no car maker has gone before. I think the most encouraging thing is that they’ve shown remarkable ability and motivation to pivot and adapt in re-designing problematic things (frunk mechanism is like version 7 now? Totally rewrote software, etc), and they also listen to owners. You might not get everything you want, but there’s usually a reason behind it, they may just not be able to communicate that reason without violating certain agreements, etc.

I think the sole area they need to actually improve on quickly is the fact that some owners keep getting ghosted by service reps which appears to be very region specific. That has NOT been my experience, every single time I’ve needed service the communication was great and appropriate and fast, but I do hope those who have asked service about an issue and then don’t get a follow up do get better service experiences because that’s not ok.

I have thought for a long time that owners are the best ambassadors. Fifty years ago when I bought my first Porsche I joined Porsche Club of America. The local club ha rally’s, tech talks and lots of social functions. If corporate was interested I would be glad to help set one up in Southwest Florida. If we got someone from corporate to come to give a talk we could invite the press. If we had 15 or 20 cars in a parking lot it could create a lot of buzz. Get some social influencers there(obviously much younger than me) and we could get a lot of free publicity. So many of us love this car and want nothing more than see it succeed. Mike

My AT is quite possibly the best car I have ever driven. It is so much more comfortable than I imagined and that’s after test driving it twice. It’s my daily driver and I can’t wait to pull it out of the garage every morning. I have raved to multiple friends and family members about the car and have willingly taken them on test drives. I've also been fortunate to not have significant operational or software problems that would dampen the experience, so I do feel comfortable recommending the car to others. With that being said, my biggest worry is the charging infrastructure. I haven’t taken it on any long distance road trips yet, but I’m hoping to do so next month. So far I've used two DC fast chargers around town just for experiment's sake and neither has given me the promised max charge. The 150kw EA charger gave me 80kw max and the 350kw EVgo charger gave me 49kw max with adequate preconditioning. I'm not sure how my wife and 2 year old would do at a longer than expected charging stop due to low speeds. I guess we'll find out soon enough.

Looks like no one understood that in 2022 the well established Mercedes delivered 7k, Porsche delivered 6k and the very young company Lucid delivered 4.6k. Seriously, how many of the above arm chair CEOs can match what Peter Rawlinson accomplished in this segment? Did you expect Lucid to outsell Mercedes or Porsche in year 1? If you want to blame him, you can do that for overestimating the rate at which Luxury car buyers (who are conservative) are likely to switch from their Mercedes, Porsche, Lexus, BMW would switch to EV. BTW, Tesla delivered only about 12k units of Modes S in 22. Can you imagine Lucid in year 1 selling 35% of Tesla Model S units? That is why, Peter probably forecast 10k to 14k in 22 because the size of this market is only about 60k units in 23. You must actually admire Peter for aiming for 25% market share in year 2 up from 12% or so in 22.

When I test drove a Lucid near my house at Benz dealership I was actually teaching the sales person about the car. I may not own one but I very happily know tons and tons about the car and you could probably say I am obsessed when it comes to being a fan of the brand. I will always support Lucid and it’s mission!

Attachments

• 8D222126-4722-46EC-B1C6-55802525A0FD.jpeg
    8D222126-4722-46EC-B1C6-55802525A0FD.jpeg
    3.2 MB · Views: 66
When I test drove a Lucid near my house at Benz dealership I was actually teaching the sales person about the car. I may not own one but I very happily know tons and tons about the car and you could probably say I am obsessed when it comes to being a fan of the brand. I will always support Lucid and it’s mission!
I still don't think that you will be taken seriously as a brand ambassador till you actually own the car and let your luxury car owner friends drive it. I would tone it down if I were you. You can talk about Lucid as an investor if you really believe in Lucid that much and actually bought the stock. Then call yourself a Lucid Bull but not a brand ambassador. With just 2 months of ownership and about 1k miles, I don't even want to call myself a brand ambassador. That privilege belongs to the DE and some AGT owners who had the car for 1 year and several thousand miles. I am a Lucid Bull and a Lucid fan. I have several thousand shares.

You keep popping up in these threads like the gopher in Caddyshack 🤣

Many of us were obsessed before we bought the car and still are. Are you going to do that? If so you might be able to be a brand ambassador

You keep popping up in these threads like the gopher in Caddyshack 🤣

Many of us were obsessed before we bought the car and still are. Are you going to do that? If so you might be able to be a brand ambassador
Let’s see once I get my stealth :) but lot of other external factors there is kinda recession out there.

Let’s see once I get my stealth :) but lot of other external factors there is kinda recession out there.
Let me get this straight, you claim to be an ambassador, but when you had a chance to buy the car, you passed and bought a direct competitor. See how that doesn't add up?

I still don't think that you will be taken seriously as a brand ambassador till you actually own the car and let your luxury car owner friends drive it. I would tone it down if I were you. You can talk about Lucid as an investor if you really believe in Lucid that much and actually bought the stock. Then call yourself a Lucid Bull but not a brand ambassador. With just 2 months of ownership and about 1k miles, I don't even want to call myself a brand ambassador. That privilege belongs to the DE and some AGT owners who had the car for 1 year and several thousand miles. I am a Lucid Bull and a Lucid fan. I have several thousand shares.
I’ve only had my car 4 months. Just saying.

Let me get this straight, you claim to be an ambassador, but when you had a chance to buy the car, you passed and bought a direct competitor. See how that doesn't add up?
I would say I bought a used car and tried to take advantage of used market but it didn’t really work out. So now I am a little stuck.

I agree with all the posts in this thread. (I certainly don't need more free charging.) I'd be happy to be a brand ambassador for Lucid. I don't even need any swag. All I want is *respect.* All they have to do to win my support and recommendation is promptly respond to my emails and phone calls. I've already given two friends demos of the Touring and they are impressed. The more I sit in it, the more I enjoy it. I haven't driven it far enough (barely 200 miles) for the gremlins to appear. So far, so good. I am getting impatient to receive the 2.055 update, but Joe said that could take a week. Since I've never had an interest in a Mercedes (or a Tesla for that matter), I don't compare my Lucid Touring with those. I think it's a wonderful car in and of itself. Sure, there are several features I'd like to see, some of which may be incorporated in future updates. But you're all so very right, Lucid needs brand ambassadors who truly appreciate these unique vehicles and want to share their enthusiasm.
Text customer care from your app and they will push the update to your car.

Back