Lucid’s Complete Stoppage of All Customer Delivery’s….What Do You Think?

My SA called me a few weeks ago in late-July to say my AGT with 21s was "literally on the production line" but there were some "supplier and production issues" and the car delivery would be delayed by 2 to 3 months. ...
That certainly doesn't bode well for the current condition of the production line. What was your configuration?

I believe the delay and stoppage is because they have rejected parts that are causing problems in the cars that have been delivered. Lucid - unlike Tesla - has chosen to slow delivery and make sure the issues they have with cars don’t continue. Tesla just kept making them and fixing them later. I think what you will get in a few months is a great car with none of the issues we current owners are experiencing.

I believe the delay and stoppage is because they have rejected parts that are causing problems in the cars that have been delivered. Lucid - unlike Tesla - has chosen to slow delivery and make sure the issues they have with cars don’t continue. Tesla just kept making them and fixing them later. I think what you will get in a few months is a great car with none of the issues we current owners are experiencing.
Keeping fingers crossed

My SA called me a few weeks ago in late-July to say my AGT with 21s was "literally on the production line" but there were some "supplier and production issues" and the car delivery would be delayed by 2 to 3 months. (That is unrelated to the prior delay; I was told in March '22 that my December '21 ordered car would be ready in late-May '22, which then in mid-May was delayed to late-July '22; then I got the late-July call about the 2-3 month latest delay .) I didn't ask the SA for further details though his call may have been the nail in the coffin for me wanting a Lucid for the foreseeable future. Besides my own experience, the few people I know who have taken Lucid deliveries have had meaningful hardware and software issues issues that would make me absolutely regret such a purchase. I also had 3 SA's since December; don't know exactly why. I really would love Lucid to succeed -- competition is a good thing in the marketplace. I'm disappointed more than anything else. And may this situation be the worst thing that happens to me or anyone else this year!
I truly hope , that if you decide to stick with the car, you will have no regrets.

Certainly plausible...but what makes you conclude that?

Wait, you get monthly updates on your Rivian order or newsletter updates like everyone else? If you are getting actual monthly/bimonthly order status updates on your RIS, I would love to see an example.

When I placed my order it showed February of 2021 for a delivery estimate. Shortly after, they removed the estimate from the website. After the IPO, they started telling the truth about R1S delivery estimates. When they came clean the stock went from 172 to 20. They have handled the R1T better, but Rivian is hardly a model of how to roll out a new car and communicate with clients.

Don’t get me wrong, I need the R1S and will be stoked when it’s here. The GT is more like a saucy mistress.
Agree that both have a long way to go. I’ll see if I can find the last email from Rivian but to your point other than the price increase fiasco emails there have been mostly newsletters. But I have gotten a couple update emails. Basically narrowing in the window of ETA (heavy on the E). I’ll search my email quick and will post.

Agree that both have a long way to go. I’ll see if I can find the last email from Rivian but to your point other than the price increase fiasco emails there have been mostly newsletters. But I have gotten a couple update emails. Basically narrowing in the window of ETA (heavy on the E). I’ll search my email quick and will post.
Wait, you get monthly updates on your Rivian order or newsletter updates like everyone else? If you are getting actual monthly/bimonthly order status updates on your RIS, I would love to see an example.

When I placed my order it showed February of 2021 for a delivery estimate. Shortly after, they removed the estimate from the website. After the IPO, they started telling the truth about R1S delivery estimates. When they came clean the stock went from 172 to 20. They have handled the R1T better, but Rivian is hardly a model of how to roll out a new car and communicate with clients.

Don’t get me wrong, I need the R1S and will be stoked when it’s here. The GT is more like a saucy mistress.

Attachments

• 1CAE1E70-1200-424A-845F-D443A0E90999.png
    1CAE1E70-1200-424A-845F-D443A0E90999.png
    917.1 KB · Views: 87
That was two months ago. Only other emails are newsletters and answer to winter tire question I had.

I'd rather get nothing than that generic email. But that's just my personal preference.

Back