losing miles after charging

grtlooks

Cars
lucid touring
I have had my touring now for 9 months, which by the way, I LOVE. For about the first 5 months, when I charged the car 80% at home I would get 344 mi. but now I get 342 miles. If I am losing 2 miles maybe every 6 months ( we will have to see in March), in 10 years I could lose around 30-40 miles on the battery. Is that normal???

I have had my touring now for 9 months, which by the way, I LOVE. For about the first 5 months, when I charged the car 80% at home I would get 344 mi. but now I get 342 miles. If I am losing 2 miles maybe every 6 months ( we will have to see in March), in 10 years I could lose around 30-40 miles on the battery. Is that normal???
When you say you "get" 342, what are you referring to? Actual miles driven until the battery goes to zero, or the "miles remaining" indication on the cockpit panel?

Pay no attention to Miles Remaining. It's not based on any sort of reality. Switch to Percentage of the battery and don't look back.

Your battery is guaranteed to keep 80% of its capacity over 8 years. Any less than that, and you'll get a free new one. EVs haven't been around that long, but thus far most companies are finding batteries are doing better long-term than expected. There are a lot of folks holding on to older EVs for 10+ years and still doing well with their batteries. Not the same as new, obviously, but still going well within that 80%.

The biggest drop off for many seems to be in that first year, where you may lose a bit of capacity. Seems scary. But subsequent years you tend to lose less. At least that's been my experience thus far. And what I've seen from other friends who have had EVs for a while.

Also note that range estimates are based on recent miles per kWh. It will go down in hot and cold extremes.

When you say you "get" 342, what are you referring to? Actual miles driven until the battery goes to zero, or the "miles remaining" indication on the cockpit panel?

Pay no attention to Miles Remaining. It's not based on any sort of reality. Switch to Percentage of the battery and don't look back.

Your battery is guaranteed to keep 80% of its capacity over 8 years. Any less than that, and you'll get a free new one. EVs haven't been around that long, but thus far most companies are finding batteries are doing better long-term than expected. There are a lot of folks holding on to older EVs for 10+ years and still doing well with their batteries. Not the same as new, obviously, but still going well within that 80%.

The biggest drop off for many seems to be in that first year, where you may lose a bit of capacity. Seems scary. But subsequent years you tend to lose less. At least that's been my experience thus far. And what I've seen from other friends who have had EVs for a while.
I do have it set on percentage however, after charging it gives me the actual miles, I assume until the battery goes to 0. (This is on my phone). I have not driven the car after home charging , I just looked and in the car it is now saying 79%

I do have it set on percentage however, after charging it gives me the actual miles, I assume until the battery goes to 0. (This is on my phone). I have not driven the car after home charging , I just looked and in the car it is now saying 79%
Temperature affects how close to 80% the charge will go. It is normal it see 1% variation shortly after the charge has completed. You can also change the phone app to show percent by going into settings - units.

Temperature affects how close to 80% the charge will go. It is normal it see 1% variation shortly after the charge has completed. You can also change the phone app to show percent by going into settings - units.
thanks!

Back