RESOLVED Locked OUT of car

I always carry my key card in my wallet as the ultimate form of insurance against being locked out. Also have mobile key setup and do use the fob as well... so I carry all three forms of access at all times ..
💯💯💯 My fob failed completely yesterday after adding a 3rd mobile key to my profile and I damn near had a mini heart attack until I got it sorted out.

💯💯💯 My fob failed completely yesterday after adding a 3rd mobile key to my profile and I damn near had a mini heart attack until I got it sorted out.
Since I started storing my fob in a faraday pouch purchased in May 23, I haven't had to change my fob battery. Prior to that I had replaced batteries about 4 times in 6 months -- none were the bitterant type.

Hopefully you had your key card...how I am would hate to be in that spot without at least 2 backups....call me paranoid...but once in a while...when I dont need it...I'll even USE the key card to remember where to use it and what to do in true emergencies...muscle memory and all...the fog of confusion is strong...so need to practice these things when not actually needed...cos these adverse events also have a tendency to happen at the worst possible time... #schoolofhardknocks

Since I started storing my fob in a faraday pouch purchased in May 23, I haven't had to change my fob battery. Prior to that I had replaced batteries about 4 times in 6 months -- none were the bitterant type.
It wasn't the battery. It was a full on fob failure after adding the 3rd mobile key. I removed the fob from my profile and the 3rd mobile key then added both again in reverse order and it fix my "dead" fob. I'll admit I'm still too tethered to using a fob -- I'm working on this.

It wasn't the battery. It was a full on fob failure after adding the 3rd mobile key. I removed the fob from my profile and the 3rd mobile key then added both again in reverse order and it fix my "dead" fob. I'll admit I'm still too tethered to using a fob -- I'm working on this.
Nothing wrong with that. I always have mine with me. I have taken one drive without it. It unlocked when I went into the garage, so I got in and drove away. When I got to the restaurant, I realized I didn't have it. It was the first time in my life that I had driven someplace without a key or fob and it felt totally strange. I was sure I would get out of the car and it would turn off and then not let me back in. But it was fine. Which probably means I don't really need to have it with me, but I feel more secure when I do.

Nothing wrong with that. I always have mine with me. I have taken one drive without it. It unlocked when I went into the garage, so I got in and drove away. When I got to the restaurant, I realized I didn't have it. It was the first time in my life that I had driven someplace without a key or fob and it felt totally strange. I was sure I would get out of the car and it would turn off and then not let me back in. But it was fine. Which probably means I don't really need to have it with me, but I feel more secure when I do.
It's like a security blanket for a child! I am so glad to be completely rid of the fob. It's another thing to carry and lose.

It's like a security blanket for a child! I am so glad to be completely rid of the fob. It's another thing to carry and lose.
I've lost more phones than key fobs...just sayin

Hey now!!

Third mobile key? You let other people drive your car?

I've lost more phones than key fobs...just sayin
I have never lost a phone. I am absolutely horrible about putting things down and walking away without picking them up if I've gotten involved in something, and then forgetting where I left them five minutes later. I've always been that way. My boss left an ad on my desk for an Alzhiemer's research study when I was 25! So my phone is always in a pocket, in my purse, in a carrier. Someplace I don't have to keep track of it.

Third mobile key? You let other people drive your car?
I know, I know. It was my Wife's phone. I didn't give her her own profile tho! 😂

Back