Locked in car

grtlooks

Cars
lucid touring
I was getting back into my car after going to the grocery store, ready to go when the car automatically locked me in, saying that I needed my pin code to unlock and be able to drive. Luckily I had it with me. I had both the key fob and app but it still was locked up until I put in the code. Has this happened to anyone else? Why would the car do that?

First of all, I still think that having both mobile key and key fob can be confusing to the system. Pick one and enjoy it. Secondly, if it does that just wait a couple seconds and then step on the brake pedal. I think it probably detected your mobile key and then didn’t see it within the car. In the current version, there is a bug that although you are obviously in the car and just unlocked it, it doesn’t detect the key. I addressed this bug a bit in one of my videos. Also, a good reference for looking at bugs and other information about the car is: www.lucidupdates.com.

I was getting back into my car after going to the grocery store, ready to go when the car automatically locked me in, saying that I needed my pin code to unlock and be able to drive. Luckily I had it with me. I had both the key fob and app but it still was locked up until I put in the code. Has this happened to anyone else? Why would the car do that?
Hi, @grtlooks.

Thank you for sharing. I just dropped you a DM.

First of all, I still think that having both mobile key and key fob can be confusing to the system. Pick one and enjoy it. Secondly, if it does that just wait a couple seconds and then step on the brake pedal. I think it probably detected your mobile key and then didn’t see it within the car. In the current version, there is a bug that although you are obviously in the car and just unlocked it, it doesn’t detect the key. I addressed this bug a bit in one of my videos. Also, a good reference for looking at bugs and other information about the car is: www.lucidupdates.com.
I've not been locked in the car, but I find it responds much more consistently to the fob than it does to my phone (ie mobile key). if I approach with just the phone, more often than not the car does nothing until I push the handle in. (It usually responds when I'm carrying the fob too).

And walking away with just my phone, it will sometime lock and sometimes not. At times the door handles retract but the mirrors don't.

I've also had the car lock up when I close the trunk, even tho I'm intending to get right in and drive

I carry the fob, but of course don't want to be without my phone. Someone suggested turning BT off on the phone to avoid the "confusion", but that has obvious drawbacks...

I only use the mobile key and I have had this happen to me intermittently. Most of the time it will eventually connect with the mobile key but 2 or 3 times the car turned off and locked while I was in the car. Had to use the app to unlock so didn’t set off alarm.

I've not been locked in the car, but I find it responds much more consistently to the fob than it does to my phone (ie mobile key). if I approach with just the phone, more often than not the car does nothing until I push the handle in. (It usually responds when I'm carrying the fob too).

And walking away with just my phone, it will sometime lock and sometimes not. At times the door handles retract but the mirrors don't.

I've also had the car lock up when I close the trunk, even tho I'm intending to get right in and drive

I carry the fob, but of course don't want to be without my phone. Someone suggested turning BT off on the phone to avoid the "confusion", but that has obvious drawbacks...
Concerning that does not lock when walking away. I usually don’t check to see if it locks but I guess I should start.

Had similar experience: AT doesn't recognize fob, but responds to phone app. Customer care told me to replace fob battery and recheck.

A new inconsistent but frequent bug showed up recently. Using mobile key (don't carry fob), when I get in the driver's seat and close the door, the car locks and goes to sleep. It will usually wake up if I press the brake, but sometimes it takes multiple presses. Occasionally, I've had to open the door (manually), and the car will wake up and the alarm goes off. Tech support had me delete the mobile key (bluetooth connection) and set it up again, but that didn't solve the problem. Anyone else having this problem?

A new inconsistent but frequent bug showed up recently. Using mobile key (don't carry fob), when I get in the driver's seat and close the door, the car locks and goes to sleep. It will usually wake up if I press the brake, but sometimes it takes multiple presses. Occasionally, I've had to open the door (manually), and the car will wake up and the alarm goes off. Tech support had me delete the mobile key (bluetooth connection) and set it up again, but that didn't solve the problem. Anyone else having this problem?
The same is happening to me intermittently. I also removed and re-paired mobile key and it didn’t solve the issue. My iPhone keeps dropping the Bluetooth connection to the mobile key upon entering the car. I manually reconnect using the Bluetooth settings in my phone and then it works. My phone is in my hand and not in the cup holder or pocket. Still trying to figure out if it’s an issue with the phone or the car. I have reported it to software so I know they are aware and hopefully working on it. Minor inconvenience is all. Still not switching back to the FOB ;)

Related issue....I left my phone in the wireless charger and went in the house. After later realizing, I went back in garage and the car was locked (with phone in it). Pressing the door handles didn't wake the car or unlock it.

This could be a big problem for someone traveling without fob or valet card

Related issue....I left my phone in the wireless charger and went in the house. After later realizing, I went back in garage and the car was locked (with phone in it). Pressing the door handles didn't wake the car or unlock it.

This could be a big problem for someone traveling without fob or valet card
Do you have your location services to “always on” for the Lucid app? Mine started working better when I did this and should fix the above mentioned issue IF it were to ever happen again. Also, I’m definitely not an expert, it’s just my experience.

Do you have your location services to “always on” for the Lucid app? Mine started working better when I did this and should fix the above mentioned issue IF it were to ever happen again
Just looked: "while using app". I think that was the recommendation at delivery....change to "Always"?

Had similar experience: AT doesn't recognize fob, but responds to phone app. Customer care told me to replace fob battery and recheck.
AT now recognizes fob after battery replacement. Picked up AT 1 month ago.

Concerning that does not lock when walking away. I usually don’t check to see if it locks but I guess I should start.
I've had it not lock multiple times when I walk away. Did you contact service? I don't know how to fix it

I've had it not lock multiple times when I walk away. Did you contact service? I don't know how to fix it
Use the fob 😁

Lol yeah thanks guys 🙄 I wasn't looking for the obvious workaround. I'd like to have it work as designed. And unfortunately my fob's range is terrible. So I usually use the app so I don't have to go back to the car

Lol yeah thanks guys 🙄 I wasn't looking for the obvious workaround. I'd like to have it work as designed. And unfortunately my fob's range is terrible. So I usually use the app so I don't have to go back to the car
Have you tried Mobile Key?

Back