Amster

Verified Owner
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Cars
ZR Grand Touring
Referral Code
U9GRC6K9
Why did my view suddenly turn light and how can I change it back to dark mode? This is really hard to look at.

Go to your profile, preferences, style and set it to dark mode.

Why did my view suddenly turn light and how can I change it back to dark mode? This is really hard to look at.
Wait, what? I have the opposite issue… my light mode (don’t ask, the dark mode on this site is not the greatest) has been stuck on dark mode for some while now. This is despite the switch in preferences being set to “light.”

(And yes, I use dark mode on every other website, I’m not a monster 🤣)

With the recent forum upgrade, the software now includes a native light/dark mode feature. By default, it is set to "System," which automatically adjusts based on your computer's settings and the time of day. You can override this and manually select either light or dark mode at any time.

Screenshot 2024-08-13 at 10.32.34 AM.webp

With the recent forum upgrade, the software now includes a native light/dark mode feature. By default, it is set to "System," which automatically adjusts based on your computer's settings and the time of day. You can override this and manually select either light or dark mode at any time.

View attachment 22634
Wait, it wasn’t native before? Is that why the contrast between some elements was so weird? Thank you so much for making the change, as dark mode looks really nice to me now!

Wait, it wasn’t native before? Is that why the contrast between some elements was so weird? Thank you so much for making the change, as dark mode looks really nice to me now!
Dark/Light mode was not a native feature of the Xenforo software and was done by 3rd party developers who would make themes for the Xenforo software.

The latest Xenforo update implemented this natively so it caused some issues with 3rd party themes until it got updated as well.

Back