Level 2 Home Charging Test

I'll do some digging. I think I read somewhere that Lucid uses dual pane side glass with an embedded film, but I don't remember where. Of course, unless Lucid is the direct source of that information, it could still be wrong. "Motor Trend" and "Car & Driver" still occasionally slip references to the Lucid's (non-existent) air suspension into their articles.
Here is what I found on Lucid’s website but doesn’t mention the specific windows with the protective layers. One would assume the word “Canopy” includes all the window glass in the car, but who knows. You may still want to do some tinting for privacy or glare protection.
Glass Canopy
A roof with a view.
Lucid Air is further opened up by its incredible Glass Canopy. This optional solid glass roof spans the entire cabin almost without interruption – giving everyone in the car a gorgeous view of the sky above. And while it’s crystal clear to your eyes, the Glass Canopy has a slew of protective interlayers to block out heat and sunlight.

The canopy is dark and has uv protection. The side windows are clear and it gets hotttttt

@hydbob When you use the app how long does it take to heat/cool car when outside temp is +/- 15 or more degrees? Interior set to 75 degrees

Haven't tried yet, it's garaged and it's not really hot right now and I live in Socal so I never have to heat it.

Under Performance information on the Lucid website:
"Even the Glass Canopy and windows are laminated, so they won’t shatter easily or break into large pieces."
You can't search for dual pane because that implies 2 sheets of glass separated by a gas. You need to search for laminated glass.

Can the driver raise/lower the window shades?

Yes, shades on rear windows and back windshield. All controllable by driver

"Even the Glass Canopy and windows are laminated, so they won’t shatter easily or break into large pieces."

Thanks. If the windows are laminated for shatter resistance, they have a plastic membrane between the layers. That will yield some UV protection, at least.

Back