Lemon Law Attorney

LadyV

Cars
2022 Air GT
I am lookin for a quality Lemon Law attorney in CA. I have filed a claim through BBB AUTO LINE in September regarding issues with charging.
Of the 17 instances of charging problems, 2 were shock & tilt issues with home charging, 1 was a local failure to "initiate charge". Local refers to a short distance of driving to get to charging station. The remaining 14 instances of charging issues were done during long trips between 100 and 1,000 miles. The vehicle has been to four Service Centers - Millbrae, CA, Scottsdale, AZ, Seattle, WA and the Torrance, CA. The Seattle Service Center had to replace the "Charge Port Emergency Release Assembly" for the broken charge port emergency release cable that had been used twice to release the nozzle from the car after charging.
Most common problem is getting "Authentication Error" shown on the car dash, but the Electrify America (EA) station will show various messages at that point. All have occurred at EA stations except one that was at a ChargePoint location.
Lucid blames every instance on Electrify America. They won't test it in a manner to replicate the state of the vehicle when I have encountered the problems! I even drove to the Torrance Service Center in hopes that the 77 mile drive would be enough mileage to get a charging error, but they refused to do so. Instead they "ran some diagnostics", charged the vehicle on premises and then took it to an EA station where it initiated a charge properly. Does anyone have experience with a CA Lemon Law attorney? Does anyone have any thoughts on what might be happening with the car on these long distance charging failures?

Rivian is building its own DC Fast-Charging network "Rivian Adventure Network". 1,659 out of the 1,920 Ford dealer has agreed to be “Certified Elite” which mean they have to build at least 2 DC Fast-Charging stations each.

1,659 x2 is more than the current 800 Electrify stations, 850 EVgo, and 1,500 Tesla Superchargers.
Tesla has over 1600 supercharger locations, and approximately ten times as many supercharger stalls.

So you're asking a company to spend hundreds of millions of dollars to deploy it's own network...
At least $5 billion to make a significant difference.

That happened once in Hood River, OR. Another time and location of complimentary charging the process worked properly. Go figure!
I sympathize given that there is some chance that any given charger will fail to work. I’ve had multiple failures but I’ve seen other cars fail to get charged at the same charger. Moving to a different charger at the same location almost always works. After EA completed their software upgrade (and maybe Lucid too), it’s been working incredibly better in terms of being able to charge. It might be slower than I should be getting but it generally works now (assuming the charger is working).

Assuming you have successfully charged at EA locally but was less successful when you have traveled a long distance, it does present a unique failure circumstance and would be difficult for Lucid to replicate. I'd agree with @hydbob that since no fault is found by Lucid and they successfully charged the car, you would be depending on Lucid's goodwill. You really would need an incredible lemon law attorney since in my non-lawyer opinion, no repair attempt was performed since they couldn't find a problem to fix. This is akin to an intermittent issue where it won't happen when the mechanic is checking the car.

It also seems like your attitude is plug and charge is what is promised so that's all I'm doing. But most of us are doing things to get charging to work while complaining to Lucid and each other that Lucid needs to get plug and charge to work without extra steps. And other than having to hit the continue button on the EA charger, it seems to be working now. I hope that's your experience too.

For what it is worth, GM is now launching a new coast-to-coast DC fast charging network in the United States across hundreds of Pilot and Flying J stations, along with some more help from EVgo. Plus, just yesterday, GM announced that it will be installing 40,000 level 2 chargers, mostly in rural areas and designed to be used overnight at public accessible locations (https://www.designdevelopmenttoday....rogram-to-install-40000-ev-chargers-in-the-us). Now, Lucid Motors in not in the same league as GM regarding finances and financial resources, but with Biden's EV infrastructure law, I believe we will see a rapid increase in chargers and charger locations from various sources. So, ya, there is some serious stuff going on regarding chargers.
My uncle is one of the senior architects for Pilot implementing this program. They’re being smart about the design and making them pull-through chargers so if you’re towing/have a trailer you can pull up next to them, unlike stupid EA design where there’s no room to get up to the station the side by side Siemens ones are even worse layout. It’s like for the first time there’s a company considering American travelers and drivers before they just throw up EV stations! The downside to this implementation is the kW needed and stress on the grid is massive, but hey it’s early days of EV adoption so it’s delusional to expect a smooth transition.

The problems you are having stink. But I'm not sure I completely understand from the details, it seems like they were able to initiate charging fine in a few instances on EA? If so, then how does the lemon law apply when there is not an issue when tested?
I was hoping they could lemon law EA? 🤣

...It’s like for the first time there’s a company considering American travelers and drivers before they just throw up EV stations! The downside to this implementation is the kW needed and stress on the grid is massive, but hey it’s early days of EV adoption so it’s delusional to expect a smooth transition.
Lucid stationary energy storage (battery) can reduce the grid stress.

More and more stations are using battery for arbitrage (buy low, sell high) to reduce peak rate penalties.

If it states somewhere in the car sales contract that free EA is included or possibly even if only stated on web site, I believe Lucid should be responsible even if it all were EA's fault since EA in this case would be a Lucid sub-vendor.
EA is no more a sub-vendor than Tidal, Spotify or Sirius XM. Lucid is offering an incentive, but it is not a requirement for the car to function; you can charge it elsewhere. If it is EAs fault, that won't qualify for a lemon.

(Disclaimer: not an attorney, this isn't legal advice, etc.)

EA is no more a sub-vendor than Tidal, Spotify or Sirius XM. Lucid is offering an incentive, but it is not a requirement for the car to function; you can charge it elsewhere. If it is EAs fault, that won't qualify for a lemon.

(Disclaimer: not an attorney, this isn't legal advice, etc.)
Usually the store would sell the bedside lamp without a light bulb.

To boost sales, it would advertise free Happyhouse light bulb for buying the lamp.

The buyer plugged it in at home and there's no light.

Is it reasonable to say "sue the sub-vendor Happyhouse" because the bulb is just a free incentive.

Rivian is building its own DC Fast-Charging network "Rivian Adventure Network".

Rivian is not really building a comprehensive network in the sense that Tesla Superchargers form a charging network. Given Rivian's "adventure" bias, they are installing charging stations primarily at recreational venues such as national parks that are not otherwise served for EV users. Their approach is aimed more at filling gaps than at building a branded network.

Usually the store would sell the bedside lamp without a light bulb.

To boost sales, it would advertise free Happyhouse light bulb for buying the lamp.

The buyer plugged it in at home and there's no light.

Is it reasonable to say "sue the sub-vendor Happyhouse" because the bulb is just a free incentive.
This is a separate service, not a physical product. A better analogy would be if IKEA were selling you a lamp and offered a free inspection for energy efficiency from a different company (we'll call them TerribleCo); if the free inspection was not good, or if TerribleCo failed to show up at their scheduled time, or rescheduled a lot, or showed up drunk...you'd be upset with the TerribleCo, not IKEA.

I am lookin for a quality Lemon Law attorney in CA. I have filed a claim through BBB AUTO LINE in September regarding issues with charging.
Of the 17 instances of charging problems, 2 were shock & tilt issues with home charging, 1 was a local failure to "initiate charge". Local refers to a short distance of driving to get to charging station. The remaining 14 instances of charging issues were done during long trips between 100 and 1,000 miles. The vehicle has been to four Service Centers - Millbrae, CA, Scottsdale, AZ, Seattle, WA and the Torrance, CA. The Seattle Service Center had to replace the "Charge Port Emergency Release Assembly" for the broken charge port emergency release cable that had been used twice to release the nozzle from the car after charging.
Most common problem is getting "Authentication Error" shown on the car dash, but the Electrify America (EA) station will show various messages at that point. All have occurred at EA stations except one that was at a ChargePoint location.
Lucid blames every instance on Electrify America. They won't test it in a manner to replicate the state of the vehicle when I have encountered the problems! I even drove to the Torrance Service Center in hopes that the 77 mile drive would be enough mileage to get a charging error, but they refused to do so. Instead they "ran some diagnostics", charged the vehicle on premises and then took it to an EA station where it initiated a charge properly. Does anyone have experience with a CA Lemon Law attorney? Does anyone have any thoughts on what might be happening with the car on
Lucid blames every instance on Electrify America. They won't test it in a manner to replicate the state of the vehicle when I have encountered the problems! I even drove to the Torrance Service Center in hopes that the 77 mile drive would be enough mileage to get a charging error, but they refused to do so. Instead they "ran some diagnostics", charged the vehicle on premises and then took it to an EA station where it initiated a charge properly. Does anyone have experience with a CA Lemon Law attorney? Does anyone have any thoughts on what might be happening with the car on these long distance charging failures?
These guys are gray if you are still looking
http://prolemonlaw.com/

These guys are gray if you are still looking
http://prolemonlaw.com/
Given that DC fast charging is intermittently successful, this is not much different than the struggles owners of other EVs face, to the point where Kyle Connor (even though I disagree) recommends against buying an EV if you plan on road tripping due to the unpredictability unreliable state of DC fast charging, especially on EA. I myself had to emergency release the cable once from a bad Chargepoint station too, and the issue with the emergency release is actually a service bulletin which they have since inspected and repaired many vehicles over. I don’t see how any attorney could argue that somehow makes your specific vehicle fall under any lemon law statute, as it appears to at least partly be EA’s fault given some of their chargers do work (the one by my house fails 100% of the time, others work, yet Lucid is still investigating it). If you were unable to DC fast charge ever, that might be a different situation.

Last edited:
It is interesting how this 7 month old thread got dug up with a link pasted for lemon law attorney. It might be informative to look at other EV forums and see if this link was also posted, but I’m not interested in spending the time to do that.

It is interesting how this 7 month old thread got dug up with a link pasted for lemon law attorney. It might be informative to look at other EV forums and see if this link was also posted, but I’m not interested in spending the time to do that.
I can assure it’s the only time I’ve posted the link and you won’t find it in another forum. I searched the forum today for lemon to see if others had similar concerns or issues or to find out about their experiences with lucid. Im currently requesting a buyback myself using the same law firm.

I can assure it’s the only time I’ve posted the link and you won’t find it in another forum. I searched the forum today for lemon to see if others had similar concerns or issues or to find out about their experiences with lucid. Im currently requesting a buyback myself using the same law firm.
Oh! Hahahahah I didn’t realize who you were and now I do. I’m a dumbass, sorry! 🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️

Back