Lemon Law Attorney

LadyV

Cars
2022 Air GT
I am lookin for a quality Lemon Law attorney in CA. I have filed a claim through BBB AUTO LINE in September regarding issues with charging.
Of the 17 instances of charging problems, 2 were shock & tilt issues with home charging, 1 was a local failure to "initiate charge". Local refers to a short distance of driving to get to charging station. The remaining 14 instances of charging issues were done during long trips between 100 and 1,000 miles. The vehicle has been to four Service Centers - Millbrae, CA, Scottsdale, AZ, Seattle, WA and the Torrance, CA. The Seattle Service Center had to replace the "Charge Port Emergency Release Assembly" for the broken charge port emergency release cable that had been used twice to release the nozzle from the car after charging.
Most common problem is getting "Authentication Error" shown on the car dash, but the Electrify America (EA) station will show various messages at that point. All have occurred at EA stations except one that was at a ChargePoint location.
Lucid blames every instance on Electrify America. They won't test it in a manner to replicate the state of the vehicle when I have encountered the problems! I even drove to the Torrance Service Center in hopes that the 77 mile drive would be enough mileage to get a charging error, but they refused to do so. Instead they "ran some diagnostics", charged the vehicle on premises and then took it to an EA station where it initiated a charge properly. Does anyone have experience with a CA Lemon Law attorney? Does anyone have any thoughts on what might be happening with the car on these long distance charging failures?

I have no idea but I remember watching a video where the guy said that happened at EA stations that are already complimentary so the lucid authorization which is trying to tell EA to charge lucid (money) isn't necessary/broken.

When you have charged at EA, did you use try using the Lucid app to initiate the charge? If service got it charging at an EA, I’m curious to know what’s different

When you have charged at EA, did you use try using the Lucid app to initiate the charge? If service got it charging at an EA, I’m curious to know what’s different
Mostly I just plug in. I thought that was part of the deal, so easy to charge at EA! There have been a few times that was tried. The last hour long call to Lucid and EA, that was the next to the last procedure suggested by EA. It didn't work. The more usual resolution is to put the car to sleep, deep sleep or power down. I guess those are all the same action.
By the time they ran diagnostics and charged at a much less complex charger, driving to a "local" EA station didn't equate to a 200 drive with an immediate Plug and Charge.

I have no idea but I remember watching a video where the guy said that happened at EA stations that are already complimentary so the lucid authorization which is trying to tell EA to charge lucid (money) isn't necessary/broken.
That happened once in Hood River, OR. Another time and location of complimentary charging the process worked properly. Go figure!

Mostly I just plug in. I thought that was part of the deal, so easy to charge at EA! There have been a few times that was tried. The last hour long call to Lucid and EA, that was the next to the last procedure suggested by EA. It didn't work. The more usual resolution is to put the car to sleep, deep sleep or power down. I guess those are all the same action.
By the time they ran diagnostics and charged at a much less complex charger, driving to a "local" EA station didn't equate to a 200 drive with an immediate Plug and Charge.
It is always a backup, but should be the first thing you try if plug and charge doesn’t work.

How long you’ve driven before trying an EA station is irrelevant and shouldn’t have any effect other than charging speed.

It's a frustrating problem when it happens and complicated by whose fault it is: Lucid or Electrify?

To simplify the issue, Lucid should own its own charging stations so we only need to deal with Lucid and not Electrify.

If Lucid is blaming EA, have you tried EVGo or someone else to prove its an issue with the car? Have you spoken to them about Lemon Law'ing the car? When I did, they spoke internally about options without the need of getting a Lemon Law lawyer involved.

EA is a hot mess and if it truly is an EA problem then yeah, Lucid ain't going to Lemon Law that car when they have nothing to do with how EA runs its shitty network

It's a frustrating problem when it happens and complicated by whose fault it is: Lucid or Electrify?

To simplify the issue, Lucid should own its own charging stations so we only need to deal with Lucid and not Electrify.
So you're asking a company to spend hundreds of millions of dollars to deploy it's own network because the company whose only business model is to provide chargers to cars can't get it right? Lucid is a car company, not a charging company and shouldn't be expected to spend it's own cash because EA is shit. Lucid, Ford, GM, etc. would be better off to lobby the government to actually investigate EA and force them to fix the network given the whole reason EA was formed. VW is getting away murder due to no one enforcing anything on how they royally screwed the deployment of this network.

So you're asking a company to spend hundreds of millions of dollars to deploy it's own network because the company whose only business model is to provide chargers to cars can't get it right? Lucid is a car company, not a charging company and shouldn't be expected to spend it's own cash because EA is shit. Lucid, Ford, GM, etc. would be better off to lobby the government to actually investigate EA and force them to fix the network given the whole reason EA was formed. VW is getting away murder due to no one enforcing anything on how they royally screwed the deployment of this network.
I don’t think many people took him seriously. It’s like asking Porsche to have their own gas stations.

...Lucid is a car company, not a charging company...

Rivian is building its own DC Fast-Charging network "Rivian Adventure Network". 1,659 out of the 1,920 Ford dealer has agreed to be “Certified Elite” which mean they have to build at least 2 DC Fast-Charging stations each.

1,659 x2 is more than the current 800 Electrify stations, 850 EVgo, and 1,500 Tesla Superchargers.

Just an idea...if you have access to the new EA chargers, try one to see if you have the same problem. If so, I would assume the problem is with your Lucid, not EA.

Rivian is building its own DC Fast-Charging network "Rivian Adventure Network". 1,659 out of the 1,920 Ford dealer has agreed to be “Certified Elite” which mean they have to build at least 2 DC Fast-Charging stations each.

1,659 x2 is more than the current 800 Electrify stations, 850 EVgo, and 1,500 Tesla Superchargers.
oh. You were serious. Lol

Just because they're doing it, doesn't make it right. Ford and Rivian also have a lot more cash to waste than Lucid

I am looking for a quality Lemon Law attorney in CA. I have filed a claim through BBB AUTO LINE in September regarding issues with charging.
Of the 17 instances of charging problems, 2 were shock & tilt issues with home charging, 1 was a local failure to "initiate charge". Local refers to a short distance of driving to get to charging station. The remaining 14 instances of charging issues were done during long trips between 100 and 1,000 miles. The vehicle has been to four Service Centers - Millbrae, CA, Scottsdale, AZ, Seattle, WA and the Torrance, CA. The Seattle Service Center had to replace the "Charge Port Emergency Release Assembly" for the broken charge port emergency release cable that had been used twice to release the nozzle from the car after charging.
Most common problem is getting "Authentication Error" shown on the car dash, but the Electrify America (EA) station will show various messages at that point. All have occurred at EA stations except one that was at a ChargePoint location.
Lucid blames every instance on Electrify America. They won't test it in a manner to replicate the state of the vehicle when I have encountered the problems! I even drove to the Torrance Service Center in hopes that the 77 mile drive would be enough mileage to get a charging error, but they refused to do so. Instead they "ran some diagnostics", charged the vehicle on premises and then took it to an EA station where it initiated a charge properly. Does anyone have experience with a CA Lemon Law attorney? Does anyone have any thoughts on what might be happening with the car on these long distance charging failures?
One is https://consumeractionlawgroup.com. But I haven't used them myself in CA. They have good Google reviews and some videos on youtube. They have a form you fill out on their web site, and based on that, I believe they determine whether your case is worthwhile pursuing. Nohing really to lose filling. I believe they don't charge you, but if they win the case, all of their cost is for the car manufacturer to pay as part of the settlement. You typically get the full car price, sale tax(es), registration, etc. back. Some deduction for driven miles. Think you take your driven miles and divide by 120,000 miles and then multiply by car price. So, typically only little for a new car.

I believe about four repair attempts without resolution qualifies as a lemon and is worthwhile filing for. Best to engage attorney upfront since they know all the dealings and before you file anything with the state or otherwise or let the manufacture know since you're at knowledge disadvantage up front unless you're a "professional lemon car buyer".

If it states somewhere in the car sales contract that free EA is included or possibly even if only stated on web site, I believe Lucid should be responsible even if it all were EA's fault since EA in this case would be a Lucid sub-vendor.

oh. You were serious. Lol
For what it is worth, GM is now launching a new coast-to-coast DC fast charging network in the United States across hundreds of Pilot and Flying J stations, along with some more help from EVgo. Plus, just yesterday, GM announced that it will be installing 40,000 level 2 chargers, mostly in rural areas and designed to be used overnight at public accessible locations (https://www.designdevelopmenttoday....rogram-to-install-40000-ev-chargers-in-the-us). Now, Lucid Motors in not in the same league as GM regarding finances and financial resources, but with Biden's EV infrastructure law, I believe we will see a rapid increase in chargers and charger locations from various sources. So, ya, there is some serious stuff going on regarding chargers.

For what it is worth, GM is now launching a new coast-to-coast DC fast charging network in the United States across hundreds of Pilot and Flying J stations, along with some more help from EVgo. Plus, just yesterday, GM announced that it will be installing 40,000 level 2 chargers, mostly in rural areas and designed to be used overnight at public accessible locations (https://www.designdevelopmenttoday....rogram-to-install-40000-ev-chargers-in-the-us). Now, Lucid Motors in not in the same league as GM regarding finances and financial resources, but with Biden's EV infrastructure law, I believe we will see a rapid increase in chargers and charger locations from various sources. So, ya, there is some serious stuff going on regarding chargers.
yay, more isolated networks and more apps to use in order to get chargers from all these different companies to work because every one of them thinks they can do it better than the other. I don't want 10 different apps on my phone in order to get a fricken charger working until plug and charge becomes standard on all networks

yay, more isolated networks and more apps to use in order to get chargers from all these different companies to work because every one of them thinks they can do it better than the other. I don't want 10 different apps on my phone in order to get a fricken charger working until plug and charge becomes standard on all networks
I may be wrong, but I believed to qualify for funding under the new law, they are to meet some universal compatibility conditions.

I am lookin for a quality Lemon Law attorney in CA. I have filed a claim through BBB AUTO LINE in September regarding issues with charging.
The problems you are having stink. But I'm not sure I completely understand from the details, it seems like they were able to initiate charging fine in a few instances on EA? If so, then how does the lemon law apply when there is not an issue when tested?

at this point, Lucid may consider just giving each lucid owner $x credit/reimbursement for all charging. toyota gives their mirai customers $15k in complimentary fuel (or 6 years). idk how the math will turn out, but feel that this might improve things. too many people want to take advantage of the EA freebie, and given how much their network sucks, these incidents are being amplified.

Back