Leak??

Have a cause and resolution yet?
You mean of the leak? They investigated it extremely thoroughly, removed the seat, B pillar housing, carpet trim etc and did a 3 hour hose test and 1 hour pressure washing test and found all seals intact, pretty much left no stone unturned. Either the seatbelt got caught in the rubber seal when I closed the door and didn’t notice, or maybe it was doing the soft-close error it did in the Edmunds review.

Hmmm, sounds like that could be it? They did do road force balancing, I’d assume they checked for radial runout, as that sounds more like the slightly bouncy vibration I feel in the seat, but maybe not. When I have time I’ll have the mobile service tech take a ride with me. Apparently they don’t have a lot of them in the Northeast yet but my service advisor Markus said they were getting more in the next couple weeks.
maybe the plastic foam in the tires for noise reduction may be causing the vibration. Thanks Pirelli!

You mean of the leak? They investigated it extremely thoroughly, removed the seat, B pillar housing, carpet trim etc and did a 3 hour hose test and 1 hour pressure washing test and found all seals intact, pretty much left no stone unturned. Either the seatbelt got caught in the rubber seal when I closed the door and didn’t notice, or maybe it was doing the soft-close error it did in the Edmunds review.
I remembered the 30 mile range loss you had the night of the week. That probably could have been a result of either of those 2 scenarios. If the seatbelt caught in the seal perhaps the door never fully latched, preventing the car going to sleep. If it was a soft close error it is believable that would also prevent sleep condition.

I remembered the 30 mile range loss you had the night of the week. That probably could have been a result of either of those 2 scenarios. If the seatbelt caught in the seal perhaps the door never fully latched, preventing the car going to sleep. If it was a soft close error it is believable that would also prevent sleep condition.
Yeah I think probably the door didn’t close correctly causing the battery drain, but then somehow sorted itself out because it was closed when I went to the car in the morning. That makes more sense than anything else.

maybe the plastic foam in the tires for noise reduction may be causing the vibration. Thanks Pirelli!
So what’s funny is the vibration isn’t as significant as it was before, since they did a road force balance on the tire it seems to be less noticeable. I still notice it but only on certain roads and it’s more muted than before. The only other thing I can think of is some of the stiffness in the suspension from being brand new is getting “broken in”? I took a drive to Newport RI today and the car felt pretty good except over the Newport Bridge which feels like cobblestones in any car.

Back