LCID stock

Status
Not open for further replies.
I read somewhere that Lucid only had about 500 new car registrations per month for the first 7 months of this year. They had slipped to 18th in EV sales. I think this is a combo of factors, the economy has soured a bit, the high end EV market is saturated, Lucid hasn’t really ramped up euro and far east deliveries , the Gravity which would compete in the popular SUV niche is still months away and Tesla has drastically lowered the price of Lucids main competition with the model S. Oh and the general public still has no idea who lucid is. My wife plays the stock market quite a bit( has a managing brokers license) wants to dump our lucid stock as a write off at the end of the year despite my protestations that Lucid will turn around in the next 6 months with the launch of the gravity and other markets opening up. Any thoughts?
I’ve bought the stock 3 times and sold it twice.
My current position is a loss…..
but I’m still long/ Bull on the stock.

The first 2 times I bought and sold Spac/LCID my profits would have nearly netted a free PURE so it’s been a solid ride. I do see it dropping into the mid 4’s during the next 30-45 days.

Right there with you. I've been accumulating since July. I thought I was the only village idiot.
Nope. Many village idiots. I buy every major dip like a crazed nut. My expectation is that someday, I will have a Sapphire...

I believe the buying opportunity is over the next 4-6 months. Bad news is likely before the good news to follow which is sure to come based on Saudi vehicle sales and then the Gravity launch next year. Lucid needs a mid sized $70k offering. Gravity will be a severe cash drain if it is priced below $95k.

I’ve bought the stock 3 times and sold it twice.
My current position is a loss…..
but I’m still long/ Bull on the stock.

The first 2 times I bought and sold Spac/LCID my profits would have nearly netted a free PURE so it’s been a solid ride. I do see it dropping into the mid 4’s during the next 30-45 days.
Dont think it will drop below $5, Saudi PIF will continue to support to keep it above $5. If it does, I'm selling everything else and buying LCID!!

Yeah I bought a handful at 5.075 which brings my average down nicely

Never thought I would see this day. Lucid really messed up their market research. And they seem to be reactive, not proactive. Should have pivotted early in the year to the base Pure when they realized demand was an issue. They should have built the Pure in January and sent out base Pures to reviewers. Not your most expensive model which costs 150k and make everyone feel their cars are grossly overpriced! Now it doesnt matter what they do, people just think Lucid is a 150k car! Way to go Peter!!!

I'm hoping for a dead cat bounce here to $5+. This morning's market selloff seems to be tied to what happened this past weekend in Israel.

Never thought I would see this day. Lucid really messed up their market research. And they seem to be reactive, not proactive. Should have pivotted early in the year to the base Pure when they realized demand was an issue. They should have built the Pure in January and sent out base Pures to reviewers. Not your most expensive model which costs 150k and make everyone feel their cars are grossly overpriced! Now it doesnt matter what they do, people just think Lucid is a 150k car! Way to go Peter!!!
Most articles state that the Lucid is 150k, and they also show inaccurate information a lot. Things need to be more detailed IMO.

Most articles state that the Lucid is 150k, and they also show inaccurate information a lot. Things need to be more detailed IMO.
I don’t get how Lucid was this clueless! Inflation, high interest rates and their sweet time getting their base car out! I hope they don’t mess up the Gravity production like this. Investors got screwed a lot by Lucid management! I was patient till now but when stock drops below $5, that is just pitiful! Peter should take this more seriously and take more decisive actions.

Let's tone it down on the Armchair CEO playing. Remember the guidelines.

Unless one has started a car company of one's own in the past four years, let's just all agree one is talking out of one's butthole for the most part.

Let's tone it down on the Armchair CEO playing. Remember the guidelines.

Unless one has started a car company of one's own in the past four years, let's just all agree one is talking out of one's butthole for the most part.
I started a e-go kart company, does that count? Our production is about equal to Lucids divided by a 1000... 😂

But also, I will be investing in Lucid now. Nowhere to go but up in the 3-5 year term with Gravity and the reveal of the mid size car towards the end...

Last edited:
I don't quite understand the consternation. I never the Lucid brand was intended to be the 'everyman' vehicle. As such, the price point will always be at the upper end.

So, for me, the question is whether Lucid can succeed as a high-end luxury EV manufacturer or will it pay the price for being first?

As someone who felt lucky getting in at 17 and averaged up to 25 when it was a spac and keeps debating if it's even worth it try and average down. These bags are heavy, heavier than the car. 😅

I don't quite understand the consternation. I never the Lucid brand was intended to be the 'everyman' vehicle. As such, the price point will always be at the upper end.

So, for me, the question is whether Lucid can succeed as a high-end luxury EV manufacturer or will it pay the price for being first?

Well they do have some type of plan around coming "down" market. Probably still within the luxury space, but with a smaller offering ( mid size ), with probably less range while still maintaining a high level of quality.

Simply put, I blame Tesla. They released the 3 and Y and became an overnight sensation. People think that is what needs to happen for any EV manufacturer to "make it". Which I think is part of the reason for the constant emphasis on production numbers. What they forget is Tesla had years of run up to their eventual success, going nearly bankrupt several times, and having their stock trade at a all time low of $1.05.

If you are an investor, like myself, I really hope that you don't think Lucid will make you rich in 5 years. This is a long term gamble, with a LONG runway.

Agreed. Tesla also started with the expensive model, as did GM, BMW, etc…. Lucid sales this past quarter should be higher then last quarter. All they need is to get to around 10,000-15,000 per year in sales with the Air which hopefully they get to in 2024. They will come up with a cheaper model after the Gravity. The Gravity will sell much better than the Air. Be patient. My guess is that 4-5 years from now they will be on a good path. For now, hold on to your seat belt!

I still think there's is way to much rhetoric about Gravity saving Lucid. Literally the rational is, Gravity is a SUV and therefore it will sell like hot cakes.
I agree. I think people are setting up expectations to fail. I just hope it sells more than the Air. It just needs to provide enough confidence that Lucid as a company is viable. Once that is established we should hopefully see more Air and Gravity sales. Give them enough runway to make a 50-70k vehicle.

I couldn't careless about the Sapphire. A halo product isn't going to help too much.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back