LCHCS thread??

Sid432

Referral Code - X1VWPQ1V
Cars
AT | Q5 | MDX | MURANO
Referral Code
X1VWPQ1V
I literally saw a thread about LCHCS thread - it has arrived. I can't find it that thread any more.
Was that taken down?

What is LCHCS?

Not this one. Someone posted it today. They got an email from Lucid and some one actually ordered it for $1200

Yes. I saw it and mentioned that I had not seen the email yet. Now the thread is font.

There definitely was another thread because I commented on it and asked a question. It's definitely gone. My question was exactly what was LCHCS and how is it different from the charging system that current owners are using?

It is bidirectional capable and can charge up to 80 amps.

Hey guys, I posted the thread earlier with my personal email I received from Lucid. I decided to take it down as not to convey the wrong information or message as I had misinterpreted the email I received. My apologies to everyone!

Hey guys, I posted the thread earlier with my personal email I received from Lucid. I decided to take it down as not to convey the wrong information or message as I had misinterpreted the email I received. My apologies to everyone!
So is it really available to purchase by current owners yet? Or did Lucid do a premature and accidental push and it is not? I was told that the email would go out first to current owners to purchase before it was widely distributed to the general public. Perhaps they only sent it to the earliest customers at this point to judge demand. If the email was true and real, then it is just a matter of time before we all get it.

I was the one who bought it on the thread. The email said they were offering to Dream edition buyers first.

I was the one who bought it on the thread. The email said they were offering to Dream edition buyers first.
Thanks. That is what I figured. Excited to hear! That means the waiting will be over as they start shipping and loop in the next groups. I am sure it was done this way to both gauge demand and not oversell their stocks.

Here is an image of the eMail and a link to the installation guide, for your reference. Looks like the bi-directional charging will be offered later with a software update.
Screenshot 2022-10-20 at 1.30.15 PM.png

Here is an image of the eMail and a link to the installation guide, for your reference. Looks like the bi-directional charging will be offered later with a software update.
View attachment 5748

Thank you, I feel late to the part here. Supposably this might be going out to Dream owners (leaving us AGT owners in the dust).
Can someone with the email reach out to a rep to get more details on what’s needed electrician wise for bidirectional charging?

@Lucid520 not sure if there’s any available clarity that has been publicly released, but to my knowledge you normally need an inverter and there’s a few regulations for safety switches on that inverter.

The 24 ft cable and 80 Amps are reason enough for me to “upgrade”. But I definitely need to know more about the bidirectional requirements.

Here’s the user guide for those interested: https://store.lucidmotors.com/conte...arging_Station_Guide_v2022.37(US)_(fr-CA).pdf

Last edited:
@Lucid520 not sure if there’s any available clarity that has been publicly released, but to my knowledge you normally need an inverter and there’s a few regulations for safety switches on that inverter.
The car's Wunderbox is the inverter. But a V2H setup would still need an automatic or manual transfer switch and installation, which could cost 1-3 thousand depending on your home's situation.

Just ordered, email confirmed purchase
Good Grief, Lucid is moving!
If you ordered this morning, it already shipped out today arrival Sunday...

If you ordered this morning, it already shipped out today arrival Sunday...
I’m eagerly awaiting the email coming to the GT owners!

Back