Launch Mode

I tried Launch Mode once! Almost passed out and puked, at the same time!! :eek:

I did and I have no idea how fast I went because I ran out of road before I could look at the speedometer. It is actually shocking. The only similar experience I have had is the launch of The Hulk roller coaster at Universal Studios. So yeah, this thing is your own private amusement park.

Just FYI, It launches the same way but doesn't say "Launch Mode" if the TC is off. With warm tires on grippy pavement I didn't feel any wheelspin.

What do you mean "Launch" mode? Do you mean "Sprint?" It is really nice and fast, but "making me puke?" nah.

I want to see the bear but haven’t been game enough to launch mode the car yet. Need to find a secluded area 😂

I want to see the bear but haven’t been game enough to launch mode the car yet. Need to find a secluded area 😂
Oh come on! Just take the 14 like 5 miles north and get off any exit!

Then what does it mean (on the Lucid?) I know it is on the Tesla.
It's the mode where it simulates drag racing off the line. Sprint mode. Foot hard on brake, food hard on accelerator. Bear pops up, BAM. poo yourself

Oh come on! Just take the 14 like 5 miles north and get off any exit!
True, just need to venture out a bit further. I’ve done many speed tests on the back roads in the hills until a cop car mysteriously showed up behind me 😂

Sure, I've tried launch mode. Honestly it feels like abusing the car. Those drive units are absolute gems of close tolerance engineering. Shock-loading them for no reason is certain to wear components much more quickly.

Yes, it answered my question - there IS no Launch mode. Like I said previously, it is called Sprint. Why does everyone still talk of "launch?" This is not a Tesla Plaid.
Did you not see the posts above? There is a launch sequence. Hold the brake, hold the gas, bear runs and let off the brake. That’s launch? Sprint is a drive mode, as is swift and smooth..

Back