Launch Mode

Yes there is a launch mode sequence you must be in Sprint mode, you hold your foot on the brake all the way down and then hold foot on gas all the way down and then you see a bear with a flag for launch mode sequence activated then you only let go of the brake and magic happens.

Did you not see the posts above? There is a launch sequence. Hold the brake, hold the gas, bear runs and let off the brake. That’s launch? Sprint is a drive mode, as is swift and smooth..
There is no "gas." It is a rheostat, as this is an EV. Holding the "accelerator (rheostat)" down would only measure whether the Lucid's switch from off to on is faster than your foot on the rheostat.

Yes there is a launch mode sequence you must be in Sprint mode, you hold your foot on the brake all the way down and then hold foot on gas all the way down and then you see a bear with a flag for launch mode sequence activated then you only let go of the brake and magic happens.

So, does a "bear" appear on the screen when you follow that sequence? If so, perhaps the Lucid does do something a bit different when following those steps.

So, does a "bear" appear on the screen when you follow that sequence? If so, perhaps the Lucid does do something a bit different when following those steps.
Here is a close up from the video it’s a blue bear with a flag when sequence is activated:

Attachments

• B0CD765B-73CF-4209-9BDB-F1871C659B42.jpeg
    B0CD765B-73CF-4209-9BDB-F1871C659B42.jpeg
    31.7 KB · Views: 124
Nice. I'll give it a try and see if I notice any difference (besides the bear, of course.)
It may pre condition the battery and adjust suspension and it has a bit of jolt. Not plaid jolt but a little.

Nice. I'll give it a try and see if I notice any difference (besides the bear, of course.)
So the answer is ‘yes, there is definitively a launch mode’. Your question now is how much of a difference, if any, does Launch Mode make. I’d be curious as to your opinion on that when you try it out.

According to the Shmee 150 video Ben Collins was using launch mode off the line at Goodwood to benefit from it making the most of the available traction. As soon as he was underway he switched it off and did the rest in swift mode.

It does make a difference vs. just jumping on the accelerator. I think sprint mode pre-warms batteries (can anyone confirm?), so I would put it in sprint for a few minutes beforehand to get the full experience.

According to the Shmee 150 video Ben Collins was using launch mode off the line at Goodwood to benefit from it making the most of the available traction. As soon as he was underway he switched it off and did the rest in swift mode.
Sorry - meant Sprint.

It does make a difference vs. just jumping on the accelerator. I think sprint mode pre-warms batteries (can anyone confirm?), so I would put it in sprint for a few minutes beforehand to get the full experience.
Whidbey, you are correct- you would get best launch performance after preconditioning the pack.

Yes, that's why when you pop it into Sprint, the whole car starts shaking because the fans are running full blast for the battery pack haha.

There is no "gas." It is a rheostat, as this is an EV. Holding the "accelerator (rheostat)" down would only measure whether the Lucid's switch from off to on is faster than your foot on the rheostat.
Dude - why do you speak so authoritatively that there is no launch mode when many of us have enjoyed it? You do know how that makes you sound, right? Certainty isn’t always a good thing. Curiosity is a much more admirable trait

I get a mix of “oh no not this again” to “dad, do that thing that makes my belly feel weird” from my young kids

Back