Latest numbers from the Sapphire run: 1.8 - 3.7 - 226

Also, looks. The Sapphire just looks so damn good.

My brother (the other EV fanatic in the family) agrees with you. I still think it's a bit too "boy racer", although I do like the blue (a color which is not usually to my taste on cars).

Remember: This is the LAST car you will EVER buy - until the next one. I'm less than 2 weeks shy of 73, and I don't think the Touring will be my last car.

I'm turning 71 shortly. I wasn't even sure I would survive the three-and-a-half year wait for our Dream Edition. New, more advanced models can't come out too soon for me. I'd be perfectly happy if the Sapphire were already on the market.

I'm turning 71 shortly. I wasn't even sure I would survive the three-and-a-half year wait for our Dream Edition. New, more advanced models can't come out too soon for me. I'd be perfectly happy if the Sapphire were already on the market.
Hopefully I'll have the Sapphire in Florida a couple times next year.... Daytona and Sebring. 2023 WRL schedule comes out in December.

Hi there,

I registered just to come ask you a question. I put down a deposit on a Sapphire but am still undecided on it. The Rimac benchmarks are certainly noteworthy, but, I feel, GT3 (I'm assuming you mean Porsche GT3) benchmarking is the lead that's getting buried here. What kind of benchmarking is being done compared to a GT3? Any track number comparisons? If the Sapphire can keep up with a GT3 around a track, I'd argue that's the more impressive feat here. Thanks for the inside info!

Sorry for wrong quote, the 3.7 was for 0-100. They did 1/4 mile in mid 8s.

Btw, they did a lot of benchmark run against the Plaid & GT3. For the Plaid, same track got them 2.1, low 9s, and they couldn't test max speed due to tire limit.
Sorry, meant to reply. See above question. Thanks!

Sorry, meant to reply. See above question. Thanks!

1.31:30 Lucid Sapphire Air triple electric motor pre production prototype in UNPROFESSIONAL racing driver hands. You can BENCHMARK against cars but that doesn't make them suddenly the competition.

If you've put a deposit down on the Sapphire the correct comparison and direct competition I would say is the Porsche Taycan Turbo S and or Tesla Plaid plus Audi E-Tron etc.

A rear engined internal combustion engined car will offer a completely (irrelevant) different experience.

Last edited:
Hi there,

I registered just to come ask you a question. I put down a deposit on a Sapphire but am still undecided on it. The Rimac benchmarks are certainly noteworthy, but, I feel, GT3 (I'm assuming you mean Porsche GT3) benchmarking is the lead that's getting buried here. What kind of benchmarking is being done compared to a GT3? Any track number comparisons? If the Sapphire can keep up with a GT3 around a track, I'd argue that's the more impressive feat here. Thanks for the inside info!

From what I'm told, the Plaid was the benchmark for 0-60, 30-120, and 1/4 mile, but not much else, since it's not really defining standard for handling on track nor max speed. For that, the GT3 is.

He said it ran as good, it not better than the GT3 on track, due to torque vectoring & huge brake system

1.31:30 Lucid Sapphire Air triple electric motor pre production prototype in UNPROFESSIONAL racing driver hands. You can BENCHMARK against cars but that doesn't make them suddenly the competition.

If you've put a deposit down on the Sapphire the correct comparison and direct competition I would say is the Porsche Taycan Turbo S and or Tesla Plaid plus Audi E-Tron etc.

A rear engined internal combustion engined car will offer a completely (irrelevant) different experience.
Thanks for the link. I hadn't seen this one. I have a decent amount of experience with a lot of exotics as well as the Plaid/Taycan, so I know what you mean.

From what I'm told, the Plaid was the benchmark for 0-60, 30-120, and 1/4 mile, but not much else, since it's not really defining standard for handling on track nor max speed. For that, the GT3 is.

He said it ran as good, it not better than the GT3 on track, due to torque vectoring & huge brake system
Thanks for the info! I had the pleasure of taking the 992 GT3 out on a course a few months ago and was highly impressed. I'd have thought a track benchmark might be an AMG GT63, but a GT3? Incredible. If you get any other juicy details, I'm getting thirsty. Did they measure 100-200 kph by chance?

Back