Lane-departure "warning" actively manages steering even w/o warning?

PenguinOpus

Cars
2012 Model S(FE), AGT
I'm only 72 hours in to ownership, but on my first drive and subsequent, I noticed that steering of any sort has a "hitch" to it where it's harder to turn for the first moment and then steers smoothly. I see no warning on the screen that LDW is activating, but when I disable LDW, the problem goes away. Is it just me?

Not sure if it's the same thing, but I found that the LDW was overly aggressive and would nudge me back when no nudge was necessary. I turned it off pretty quickly, and have been perfectly fine without it. When Highway Assist comes along, I may take a fresh look, but for now, that and the distracted driver stuff are more trouble than they're worth.

I'm only 72 hours in to ownership, but on my first drive and subsequent, I noticed that steering of any sort has a "hitch" to it where it's harder to turn for the first moment and then steers smoothly. I see no warning on the screen that LDW is activating, but when I disable LDW, the problem goes away. Is it just me?
Any LDW warning will be in that left side of the instrument display. It just shows a car and a red line on whatever side you are crossing over. It's annoying button the LDW off symbol annoys me more haha

Back