L2 Charging Stopped

Coltonw011

Verified Owner
Cars
Lucid Air GT
Haven’t seen this one yet, plugged in last night with ~ 10% SoC on my Tesla charger with the 80A Tap Mini adapter, charging to my usual 90%. Woke up this morning and when the car woke up, it attempted to trigger the charging again. I looked in the car, and had only charged to 33% and turned itself off. Oddly enough, I was talking to @Drendino about his charging experiences and how expensive it was due to the charge reaching 80%, falling off, and restarting constantly. In my case, it reached ~33% and shut itself off. It appears that once the car went into a deep sleep it terminated the charging session since once I approached with the fob it started charging again. I am on 1.2.21 and this is my first charging session since the latest flurry of updates. Anyone else had this happen? I’m wondering if this is what has happened to the folks who's cars were left plugged in while on vacation and returned home to it dead.

Haven’t seen this one yet, plugged in last night with ~ 10% SoC on my Tesla charger with the 80A Tap Mini adapter, charging to my usual 90%. Woke up this morning and when the car woke up, it attempted to trigger the charging again. I looked in the car, and had only charged to 33% and turned itself off. Oddly enough, I was talking to @Drendino about his charging experiences and how expensive it was due to the charge reaching 80%, falling off, and restarting constantly. In my case, it reached ~33% and shut itself off. It appears that once the car went into a deep sleep it terminated the charging session since once I approached with the fob it started charging again. I am on 1.2.21 and this is my first charging session since the latest flurry of updates. Anyone else had this happen? I’m wondering if this is what has happened to the folks who's cars were left plugged in while on vacation and returned home to it dead.
No issue here, plugged in last night from 35% to 73 this morning.

Yeah I’m on 1.2.21, plugged in last night and went from 58-80%, without issues or vampire drain overnight where it would restart charging once SOC dropped below 80%. I’m just using the Lucid L2 plug straight into 14-50 outlet.

Interesting! Not sure what happened then, it obviously started the charge as I added ~120 miles, just not sure what would’ve made it shut off..hmmmm

Yeah I’m on 1.2.21, plugged in last night and went from 58-80%, without issues or vampire drain overnight where it would restart charging once SOC dropped below 80%. I’m just using the Lucid L2 plug straight into 14-50 outlet.
I guess you abandoned you efficiency testing then? Lol

I guess you abandoned you efficiency testing then? Lol
Oh yeah, I couldn’t stand driving that slow anymore so I gave up once I got to 30% SOC. But it was still very informative. Over a week of driving, it appears that with a normal daily commute the car on 19” wheels have a range of about 340 miles from 100% to zero, which is about 66% EPA. Highway range tests are deceptive because once the car is up to speed, you’re no longer using kW moving a 5,000lb car from stand-still to speed. In commuting you are doing this frequently which dramatically reduces range for any EV. And then there are elevation and temperature changes (and 3 software OTA during the period if you’re Lucid!) which further reduce SOC%. I think this shows why range DOES matter, as if you got a car with 250 miles EPA and made that your commuter vehicle, your range is actually going to be 165 miles, which sucks and makes it hard to do many spontaneous drives beyond your daily commute.

I’m pretty sure I infected you. That’s what you get for telling me that you aren’t having any charging problems. Law of the universe. Lol

Maybe you had a power surge or something? Let us know if it happens again.

I changed out my Tesla wall charger and Teslatap because this happened to me several times. Look at the charge and see if its blinking red. Mine was blinking 5 or 7 at various times when it would not charge. I went ahead and installed an Autel wall charger and have had no issues since then.

Someone in an earlier thread said:

"I've been using the Tesla Tap Mini (80A) with my Tesla Wall Connector (Gen 2) for the last 5 months. It has worked quite well. The only problem I have had was that you need to occasionally detach and reattach the Mini from the Tesla connector or else the car will not recognize it. The instructions for the mini tap say to do this every time you charge and you should disconnect for 30 seconds. I've ignored this and only do it if charging stops or does not start."

I changed out my Tesla wall charger and Teslatap because this happened to me several times. Look at the charge and see if its blinking red. Mine was blinking 5 or 7 at various times when it would not charge. I went ahead and installed an Autel wall charger and have had no issues since then.
Nah, wasn’t blinking red. I thought the charge had completed because when I went out there it was all dark on the car, and the charger was solid green. It then tried to reinitiate the charge once it woke up. First time this happened to me after many times of charging at home.

Someone in an earlier thread said:

"I've been using the Tesla Tap Mini (80A) with my Tesla Wall Connector (Gen 2) for the last 5 months. It has worked quite well. The only problem I have had was that you need to occasionally detach and reattach the Mini from the Tesla connector or else the car will not recognize it. The instructions for the mini tap say to do this every time you charge and you should disconnect for 30 seconds. I've ignored this and only do it if charging stops or does not start."
Yea I definitely haven’t unplugged the tap so I’ll give that a whirl if it happens again! Thanks

Back