Just sitting there

cplewes

I often leave my car at the airport for trips. So my question is this. If I drive there a leavythe car 60 percent charged for three weeks. What would I expect to find when I returned?

I often leave my car at the airport for trips. So my question is this. If I drive there a leavythe car 60 percent charged for three weeks. What would I expect to find when I returned?
I seem to be losing 1-2 miles per day in the garage.

My suggestion would be to charge it up to close to 100% right before you drive to the airport. Then try to avoid using the Lucid App to check on it while you are gone as that will cause the car to go through the wake up sequence every time. Also make sure you have turned off the air conditioner and set the fans to near zero so if/when you do wake it up with the app it doesn't run them and use battery. I think this should leave you with plenty of remaining battery upon your return after three weeks. Of course another option is just leave it home plugged in and take Uber/Lyft to the airport.

0.6%/day in decent weather as long as you aren't checking on it is my best estimate.

My suggestion would be to charge it up to close to 100% right before you drive to the airport. Then try to avoid using the Lucid App to check on it while you are gone as that will cause the car to go through the wake up sequence every time. Also make sure you have turned off the air conditioner and set the fans to near zero so if/when you do wake it up with the app it doesn't run them and use battery. I think this should leave you with plenty of remaining battery upon your return after three weeks. Of course another option is just leave it home plugged in and take Uber/Lyft to the airport.
100 miles away
0.6%/day in decent weather as long as you aren't checking on it is my best estimate.
not checking is good advice that I had not thought of

cplewes - -So Hydbob's calculation means 21 days x .06 = 13%. So conservatively assuming you start with 60% (something like 250 miles) you would come back and find the car with around 200 miles of range. Using the MoniputerLM estimate of 2 miles loss per day, the resulting miles available after three weeks would be slightly higher. I guess I'm wondering why you will only have 60% SOC when you get to the airport? Do you live that far away?​

Definitely charge to 100% before leaving to the airport.

This is something one never needs to think about in an ICE. It doesn’t leak fuel all over the ground while parked for an extended time. At worst, the battery needs a jump, but a disconnect at the battery terminal solves that problem

cplewes - -So Hydbob's calculation means 21 days x .06 = 13%. So conservatively assuming you start with 60% (something like 250 miles) you would come back and find the car with around 200 miles of range. Using the MoniputerLM estimate of 2 miles loss per day, the resulting miles available after three weeks would be slightly higher. I guess I'm wondering why you will only have 60% SOC when you get to the airport? Do you live that far away?​

Can be about 125 miles depending on errands on the way. This is helpful for in either case that is plenty of slack for the return trip home. Where anyone should prefer to change up.

On a related note, I have found that leaving it unplugged you lose less range than if you leave the car charging into a 120-volt receptacle. With the heat in the garage and the fans almost continuously running when charging on 120-volt, I have found unplugged is far better. I have found I'm not able to get any additional range when plugged into the 120-volt receptacle, but just loosing range.

I can't wait for the home charging system to be available, as I have all the wiring ready to be plugged in, and I won't have a charging issue in the future.

On a related note, I have found that leaving it unplugged you lose less range than if you leave the car charging into a 120-volt receptacle. With the heat in the garage and the fans almost continuously running when charging on 120-volt, I have found unplugged is far better. I have found I'm not able to get any additional range when plugged into the 120-volt receptacle, but just loosing range.

I can't wait for the home charging system to be available, as I have all the wiring ready to be plugged in, and I won't have a charging issue in the future.
So with all I’ve heard about “negative charging” in a 120v outlet, this mobile charger seems pretty worthless. It’s designed so that you can get a quick charge when you need one, but unless you find a NEMA14-50 outlet, plugging that thing into the wall is going to leave you worse off. Might as well not even include one with the car if you can’t charge with it. No other EV that I am aware of will comsume more power than it pulls while charging. This is stupid. It makes Lucid the least efficient eV on the road and they need to get a handle on it

If you have all the wiring ready to go, why not just install a temporary NEMA 14-50 plug and do Level 2 charging at home? The car comes with the cable for it.

Drain in airport parking might depend on the situation. For example I would thing outdoor parking in summer in Arizona (where cooling system might need to run to control battery temperature???) might lead to more drain than say an indoor parking garage in the Bay Area.

When I installed the wiring back in March, I thought the Lucid Home Charging Unit (LHCU) was coming out in the 2nd qtr and didn't pay much attention to installing the NEMA-14-50 outlet. I'm not an electrician and paying to put a NEMA 14-50 in and then paying to have it taken out to install the LHCU was a matter of principle. It's not a big deal to drive to Electrify America 8 miles away to keep 400 miles range on the vehicle.

Important Update - Last night with the car unplugged I lost 17 miles range over a 15 hour timeframe. I plugged it in this morning to my 120-volt receptacle and it registered I was getting 2 mi/hr while charging. I will see how long that charging range will last as the temperatures increase throughout the day. Just a heads up that unplugged cars overnight may change mileage ranges all over the place.

So with all I’ve heard about “negative charging” in a 120v outlet, this mobile charger seems pretty worthless. It’s designed so that you can get a quick charge when you need one, but unless you find a NEMA14-50 outlet, plugging that thing into the wall is going to leave you worse off. Might as well not even include one with the car if you can’t charge with it. No other EV that I am aware of will comsume more power than it pulls while charging. This is stupid. It makes Lucid the least efficient eV on the road and they need to get a handle on it
I have plugged my car into a regular 120V outlet and charged it to 100% before with zero problems. It just takes a very very long time, something like 10 days of continuous charging if I recall correctly. In fact, I don’t even have a 14-50 installed in my house and I just plug the car in every night to get about 20-30 miles of range added which is enough to keep me even on a regular day where I just drive to work and then drive home. I also have minimal problems with battery leak.

Not every report is doom and gloom 😁

Important Update - Last night with the car unplugged I lost 17 miles range over a 15 hour timeframe. I plugged it in this morning to my 120-volt receptacle and it registered I was getting 2 mi/hr while charging. I will see how long that charging range will last as the temperatures increase throughout the day. Just a heads up that unplugged cars overnight may change mileage ranges all over the place.
Also keep in mind that ‘lost range’ in this type of situation is just based on a display read out and not actual real life driving calculations.

What process do you go through before plugging into 120-volt receptacle?

When I had a Lucid Service tech here one day he showed me had to put the car to sleep for 15 minutes and then open the door and then insert charger. That process worked for a while and then stopped working as I was getting 0.1 mile/hr charge and then it would drop to 0 mile/hr charge. So you just open port door and insert charger and lock door?

Is your key/phone within range? The weather doesn't seem to be an issue, but like before, if the fob or your mobile phone (setup as a mobile key) is near enough, the car will pick up on the signal and lock and unlock on a fairly regular basis.

Back