July 12, 2024 gains

AZLucidGuy

Verified Owner
Cars
Air GT,Tesla,Rivian R1S
IMG_5736.jpeg

Looking good. Massive call activity. Perhaps upcoming earnings will surprise. Ridiculous intraday gains.

all EV stocks on a run over last month. Good 4 the industry RIVN LCID TSLA

My two cents worth, which may very well be worth just about that... The volume is great news. As for earnings, remember the very aggressive pricing that has been going on for quite some time now.
In Q2 they sold more cars than they produced which is good for cash flow by reducing inventory.

Absolutely. I was talking about earnings.
I agree. Earnings will probably be up overall because of the increase in units sold. But decrease per unit.

Honestly, I think that Lucid made a mistake with initial pricing of the Air. I am one of the chumps who paid full price for an Air GT in 2022.

I blame the ex CFO Sherry House for this blunder in pricing. Just speculation but I think that’s why she parted ways with Lucid. Her pro forma probably had a large influence on setting initial pricing for the Air range.

I agree. Earnings will probably be up overall because of the increase in units sold. But decrease per unit.

Honestly, I think that Lucid made a mistake with initial pricing of the Air. I am one of the chumps who paid full price for an Air GT in 2022.

I blame the ex CFO Sherry House for this blunder in pricing. Just speculation but I think that’s why she parted ways with Lucid. Her pro forma probably had a large influence on setting initial pricing for the Air range.

I wouldn't be inclined to assess too much influence by the CFO on the pricing strategy at launch. As for her leaving... a move from Lucid to Ford is a pretty significant move up.

Agree. Its amazing low mile 2022 GT are selling 70K. What car competes used for 70 K….
Nothing 👍

I wouldn't be inclined to assess too much influence by the CFO on the pricing strategy at launch. As for her leaving... a move from Lucid to Ford is a pretty significant move up.
Hard to tell. If Sherry House stayed at a startup like Lucid her upside from options may have been a better compensation package in the long term than being at Ford. But its all speculation.

Hard to tell. If Sherry House stayed at a startup like Lucid her upside from options may have been a better compensation package in the long term than being at Ford. But its all speculation.

But there are other considerations. The breadth and complexity of Ford vs. Lucid would be a significant draw from a career development standpoint. While I don't know her total compensation package, I'll wager that it took in mind what she was leaving, and bear in mind that F stock has plenty of room to run. It is currently trading at less than a third of its enterprise value, and that value discounts Ford's EV plans. Also, she is from Michigan, which had to be a draw.

But there are other considerations. The breadth and complexity of Ford vs. Lucid would be a significant draw from a career development standpoint. While I don't know her total compensation package, I'll wager that it took in mind what she was leaving, and bear in mind that F stock has plenty of room to run. It is currently trading at less than a third of its enterprise value, and that value discounts Ford's EV plans. Also, she is from Michigan, which had to be a draw.
Perhaps. But just speculation on my part. I think that she was asked to leave by Peter and the PIF. I have no evidence. Just my suspicion. She did not immediately announce her employment at Ford. She was floating around for a while. My view is that Lucid is much better without her.

Perhaps. But just speculation on my part. I think that she was asked to leave by Peter and the PIF. I have no evidence. Just my suspicion. She did not immediately announce her employment at Ford. She was floating around for a while. My view is that Lucid is much better without her.
Maybe, but I have never heard of (or gleaned) any good reason for them to be dissatisfied with her performance. I know you think she was responsible for the launch pricing strategy (which BTW I would not necessarily agree was a mistake) but I think you are overestimating the role of a start-up CFO. From a timing standpoint, bear in mind that securing a job like CFO of Ford does not happen overnight, so my guess is that this was in the works before she left.

Last edited:
all EV stocks on a run over last month. Good 4 the industry RIVN LCID TSLA
GREEN……..
Interesting trading day tomorrow with events of the weekend. Many factors 2 see Green.

I think LCID will be ^ and TSLA up
if looking to make a Monday morning move.

Just A little pre Monday quarterbacking
Take it 4 what it’s worth 😀

Last edited:
Well immediately after the events, I was thinking the markets would be green. But now everyone thinks it will be green, so on that fact alone... It might be red. 😅

I know you think she [Sherry House] was responsible for the launch pricing strategy (which BTW I would not necessarily agree was a mistake) but I think you are overestimating the role of a start-up CFO.

Exactly. A CFO would provide perspective on the financial feasibility of a pricing strategy, but such a decision rests with the CEO and, in the case of a major launch product, probably with the Board as well.

From the outset Peter Rawlinson said the Air was a product meant to lure luxury-car buyers away from large German sedans. That was the point of all the talk (and all the early graphics on the Lucid website) comparing the interior space of an Air to an S-Class MB and a 7-Series BMW. That target demographic is not likely to be drawn to a significantly lower-priced product. They look more for content and image than for price and are, in fact, often turned off by low pricing.

If there was a mistake in early positioning of the Air, it was in going after the luxury market with a first product, not in the pricing of that product for the luxury market.

In fact, though, I don't think the early positioning of the Air was a mistake. Lucid's plans as they now move into the SUV space and soon into the smaller crossover/CUV space is still to be at the premium end of those segments. It's much easier to pull off if you first get the public to see you as a premium, aspirational brand than as a value brand.

Sitting right on the 20 day SMA. I took this opportunity to add 2000 shares. I've got my avg down to 7.70. Might need to complete a bull flag of sorts. Time it right into earnings, and with some good news maybe we see a solid $1.5 pop to mid 4s.

Back